• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ashylarry

Expert
    Rating - 90%
    9   1   0
    May 9, 2008
    Greencastle
    Well I still have some time before my I get my ccw but I would like to get some recommendations on what IWB holsters you guys use. I have heard a lot of good things about the comp-tac minotaur, infidel and the crossbreed.

If I am going to spend $80 on a holster I just want to get something that will feel right and last. So what do you guys have or recommend?

Thanks
    Nick

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    I've been using a couple IWB holsters lately. For my Glocks I like the CTAC. The kydex is nice and thin and doesn't add too much more bulk to the pistol. The only downside is that it's a but rough if it's right against your skin.
    For my 1911s I'm using a Galco Royal Guard. It's a nice holster and does a good job, however, if I had my choice I'd rather have a Sparks VMII or a Rosen ARG. Both very well made leather but a bit expensive with a bit of a wait if you need to order from the factory.

Claddagh

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2008
    My most used IWB rigs are the Milt Sparks 'Summer Special', 'VM-II' also by Milt Sparks and 'NSA' by Wild Bill's Leather. All of them are very comfortable, hold your weapon securely yet allow for a smooth, natural draw and give very discrete concealment even under light clothing.

The Wild Bill's rig was a very good bargain, IMO. Combo of holster, single mag pouch and double-layer belt for $125.

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    might i suggest raven concealment. IWB or OWB, same holster. i have a few and they fit the guns very well and are comfortable. i've got a room full of holsters andi seldom use anything else now days.

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    +1 on the Raven. Have one for my High Power. Most comfortable IWB I have. Nothing else fits like it. It's adjustable for ride height too. Take it from an old man with a spare tire. These things are great. They will custom mold to your pistol and trim to your liking at their booth at the Indy 1500

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    I just recently got a Comp-Tac MTAC IWB holster.
    It's pretty fantastic. leather on the side closest to me, Kydex on the outside. Highly adjustable, and I can tuck my shirt in over the pistol.

I'll grab some photos with my P30 in it later.

Barry in IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    I like the Sparks Summer Special.

But I think people are picky about the type of IWB holster. What one person likes, the next one despises.
    Some like the minimalist types like the Summer Special, while others like the wide-spaced loop types like the Sparks VersaMax-II (VM2). Often, those that like one type really don't like the other.
    So...If you try one of those types and don't like it- don't give up on IWB. You might want to try to other.

Some claim the VM2 types are more stable with their wide loops.
    I never felt that to be a problem with the Summer Special, and prefer to shove the least amount of holster down my pants as possible. Another guy built just like me may feel the opposite way.

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    I'm looking for an IWB holster right now too, and I can't seem to figure out which one would fit me. I have a pretty narrow side profile, so it makes it more difficult to conceal without going with a 4 to 5 o'clock position.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    might i suggest raven concealment. IWB or OWB, same holster. i have a few and they fit the guns very well and are comfortable. i've got a room full of holsters andi seldom use anything else now days.

I like my Raven holster. I can wear my normal pants size.

glockguy07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I just recently got a Comp-Tac MTAC IWB holster.
    It's pretty fantastic. leather on the side closest to me, Kydex on the outside. Highly adjustable, and I can tuck my shirt in over the pistol.

I'll grab some photos with my P30 in it later.

I'd be very interested to know how this looks with shirt tucked in - also, is it comfortable while sitting?

Top Bottom