• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    I just recently got a Comp-Tac MTAC IWB holster.
    It's pretty fantastic. leather on the side closest to me, Kydex on the outside. Highly adjustable, and I can tuck my shirt in over the pistol.

I'll grab some photos with my P30 in it later.

pic-030.jpg

pic-023.jpg

pic-029.jpg

pic-025.jpg

pic-031.jpg

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    The MTAC is FAR more comfortable than my Peter's Custom Holsters "Hold Fast" IWB (which is very similar to a Raven IWB).

With the holster at about 3:30/4:00 as shown in the photos above I hardly know it's there. I wore it from the Cabela's parking lot in Hammond to Fishers while belted in and honestly forgot the pistol was there. The leather slide guard doesn't jab at the soft bits around my middle like the plastic slide guard in the Hold Fast did.

An undershirt is required, but that's more because of the sandpaper like "Spiderman Grips" on the P30 than because of the holster.

As an added bonus, for $30 I can buy additional Kydex Bodies for the MTAC. So if I should happen to pick up a Glock 19 down the road I can buy a Glock 19 Body, and use the same $80 MTAC my P30 is in now.

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    No, it's easy to conceal a gun when you stand with your arms at your side not moving.

Bend, Twist, reach for something, and the butt regularly prints through your shirt. It turns out, at least for my gun, tucking the shirt in actually makes it print less than if I leave it un-tucked.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    No, it's easy to conceal a gun when you stand with your arms at your side not moving.

Bend, Twist, reach for something, and the butt regularly prints through your shirt. It turns out, at least for my gun, tucking the shirt in actually makes it print less than if I leave it un-tucked.

Agreed. I think tucking a shirt in causes the material to wrinkle and take on odd shapes, that helps to conceal the gun when you are moving. I also think that if you wear shirts with prints and patterns (like Hawaiian shirts) that are a little baggy then those also tend to break up the visual cues that there is a gun tucked under the shirt (whether the shirt is hanging loose or tucked into the waistband).

In addition to having a couple different holsters and a good gun belt to hang them on, then having semi-loose to loose fitting shirts with some sort of non-linear pattern is the next best thing you can do to help hide your gun.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    As an added bonus, for $30 I can buy additional Kydex Bodies for the MTAC. So if I should happen to pick up a Glock 19 down the road I can buy a Glock 19 Body, and use the same $80 MTAC my P30 is in now.

Hypothetically speaking, of course.

tatters

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 27, 2008
    Columbia City
    I have a High Noon Bare Asset for my S&W M&P 9c.

Fits well, but I don't use it much. When I carry my S&W I usually carry in a CompTac paddle.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    For those considering the MTAC or any other IWB holster with leather against your body . . . don't forget that it will absorb sweat. In warm weather, or if you're just a sweaty guy, that's not comfy and it will get smelly quickly. That's get another reason why I prefer plastic holsters.

BrownDog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    For those considering the MTAC or any other IWB holster with leather against your body . . . don't forget that it will absorb sweat. In warm weather, or if you're just a sweaty guy, that's not comfy and it will get smelly quickly. That's get another reason why I prefer plastic holsters.

This is one of the reasons I went with a holster made by Threat Solutions like the one displayed.

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    Nice looking product, Brown Dog. Does the back of the holster extend up behind the slide to stop metal to skin contact around the rear of the slide (or hammer in other guns)?

BrownDog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    You can have either way. He calls it a "full sweatguard" vs. a "minimal sweatguard". It would extend up if you request it or it can be made without. A full sweatguard would look like this:

fullsweatguard.jpg

This is discription from his web site:
    Full Sweatguard covers the entire slide to the rear of the gun and ~1/4” of the frame to prevent moisture from entering the gun between the slide / frame junction. This will greatly increase ammunition life, particularly inside the waistband.

Minimal Sweatguard is cut so if you draw with your thumb high the sweatguard will not get in the way. This allows the initial movement out of the holster on the draw to be started by jamming your thumb between the body and the gun and using a thumb pinch to initiate the upward movement. This technique greatly minimizes the risk of fouling the draw by grabbing clothing because the fingers don’t wrap around the grip until the gun is +1 inch up from the resting position inside the holster.

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    Those plastic ones just dont look comfortable.

They aren't too bad. What I don't like is most of them do NOT allow you to tuck your shirt in.

I wear an undershirt between the Holster and my body anyway. Which takes care of Rhino's primary concern. Of course I do it because the grip on the P30 is like sand paper. Not real comfortable against the soft fleshy bits around the mid section.

Top Bottom