• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Cost to the taxpayer?
    Taxpayers have always covered these cost.
    Think thats bad,how about $16,000 for ink pins to sign the papers to impeach Trump.
    Democrats get back in,be ready to pay alot of taxpayer cost!

Yes, the taxpayers have always covered the costs. I'm asking if those costs, passed on to the taxpayer, should be considered? For instance, 60% of the time Obama golfed on military installations. Obviously, those are fairly secure locations, much less work for the Secret Service. Trump 100% of the time has golfed on private courses. Trump is also well on his way to doubling Obama's golf outings.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Probably not, because he only spent a fraction of his time on the golf course than the current guy on the PGA Tour.

And only accomplished in 8 years a fraction of the things that Trump has accomplished in 3 years of his term. So there's that. Maybe Obama should have golfed more?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    5bd.gif

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    And only accomplished in 8 years a fraction of the things that Trump has accomplished in 3 years of his term. So there's that. Maybe Obama should have golfed more?

I'm curious what accomplishments you even attribute to Obummer. I probably should've applied purple here

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

What did he accomplish in his first 3 years, let alone all 8, that compare to:

1) Reduced regulations which has encouraged record economic growth.
    2) Replacing NAFTA with USMCA which will result in increased American jobs
    3) Record unemployment rates
    4) Renegotiated trade deals with China, which are already showing positive effects, including protections for intellectual property.
    5) Reduced numbers of illegal immigrants
    6) Mexico enforcing immigration restrictions on their southern border, resulting in fewer "caravans" of illegal immigrants from central America
    7) Eliminating the tax penalty for not complying with Obamacare
    8) Pulling out of the Paris climate accords, which did nothing but have a dampening effect on the economy, while allowing the true climate offenders to go on unrestricted.
    9) Pulling out of the Iran nuclear agreement, which has had no ill effects, since Iran was not complying with it anyway, and using the money that Obama "returned" to them to further their nuclear ambitions.
    10) Taking out the number 1 terrorist in the world (Solemaini), which everyone said would cause oil prices to rise (hint - they've not risen, but have actually fallen).
    11) Turned the U.S. into a net exporter of oil.

Aw geez, I'm getting tired of typing... but you get the idea. Your turn.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    No purple here. What accomplishments do you attribute to your boy?

Think of all the political things he did that you didn't like. His administration called them accomplishments. Well, unless you disliked him for some frivolous reason, I guess.... but I doubt that's the case.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Maybe he golfs too much, but, when I was a commissioned sales person, my employer didn’t care what I did, as long as I produced results. I’m inclined to give the same leeway to Trump, especially since he’s donating his salary towards greens fees.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    When people get fired for lack of performance, they always say it’s someone else’s fault! I mean “asked/told to resign”.

Sure. Gotcha. Uh huh. Trump is either the worst person in the world in assessing candidates to hire.....

...or a really ****ty boss.

I'll go for the latter, Alex, for $500.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Sure. Gotcha. Uh huh. Trump is either the worst person in the world in assessing candidates to hire.....

...or a really ****ty boss.

I'll go for the latter, Alex, for $500.
    ****ty or not, still the boss, a fact that most of the loons can’t get through their heads?

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Cost to the taxpayer?
    Taxpayers have always covered these cost.
    Think thats bad,how about $16,000 for ink pins to sign the papers to impeach Trump.
    Democrats get back in,be ready to pay alot of taxpayer cost!

Obviously, you didn't spend any time verifying the cost of those pens, didja?

giphy.gif

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Think of all the political things he did that you didn't like. His administration called them accomplishments. Well, unless you disliked him for some frivolous reason, I guess.... but I doubt that's the case.

I can sure think of a lot of crap but no accomplishments, at least none that were beneficial to THIS country.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    What did he accomplish in his first 3 years, let alone all 8, that compare to:

10) Taking out the number 1 terrorist in the world (Solemaini), which everyone said would cause oil prices to rise (hint - they've not risen, but have actually fallen).
    11) Turned the U.S. into a net exporter of oil.

Aw geez, I'm getting tired of typing... but you get the idea. Your turn.

Here are 2 that you confused.

osama-bin-laden.jpg

1920px-US_Net_Gas_Imports.svg.png

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Here are 2 that you confused.

osama-bin-laden.jpg

1920px-US_Net_Gas_Imports.svg.png
    I'm willing to give Obama credit for taking out Bin Laden. But Bin Laden wasn't alive when Trump took office, so Solemaini (I know I'm probably butchering his name) was the number one most wanted at the time, so sorry, but that one doesn't count. And I will also concede that the net exporting trend started during Obama's administration (assuming your graph is accurate). I will also note that your graph seems to support my argument more than yours. Exports surpass imports (if the scale is correct) sometime in early to mid 2017. What else ya got? :)

Last edited:

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    The trend is your friend, amigo. Trumpster didn't cause an inflection point in the curve. He continued it....or perhaps was unable to stop a trend from continuing.

Works for net exports of oil. Works for unemployment (see prior graph on unemployment vs market). Works for a lot of other "Trump success stories".

It's the same as a new husband claiming his wife just gave birth to his new baby when the guy she divorced actually laid the keel, so to speak.

You forgot to mention Trump's Keynesian economic policy whereby trillion dollar deficit spending is boosting the economy.

Top Bottom