It's cool to take a loaded rifle into the Georgia airports!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sdtech58

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 25, 2014
    Z'ville
    Probably a plant from the anti's... Grab some hill-jack, give him an AR and a free plane ticket for his daughter, and then send him in and see what happens.

Last edited:

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Cut him some slack, he fled c'cago. When people taste freedom they want to stretch and fully experience it

CZB1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Newburgh
    I disagree. While we may not get "friends" while doing this, I don't see it getting us any more enemies. Nothing bad happened...

While I don't support the fact that he dressed his AR up with a 100 round drum, he didn't do anything wrong. Here we are judging other gun owners for carrying, while wanting it to be looked past by the general public. How do pro 2A citizens like the people on INGO sit here and judge others for doing what they think should be, not only legal everywhere, but also not frowned upon by the general public? While I'd never see the need to carry a rifle around unless I'm going to a range or hunting, I'm not going to sit here and tell other people they shouldn't do it. I fully support carrying a firearm, no matter what that firearm might be. I don't care if someone wants to carry a Hi-point, Kimber, AR, AK, an AR 50, or even a freaking M249. Just as long as they are doing so responsibly. IMO, we should stop judging and start supporting.

Over the past few years we've seen many people carrying rifles into public places. Every time you see threads on here where we are against it because, "It's not helping our cause", "Next thing you know they are going to ban long guns" blah blah blah... yet nothing has happened. Perhaps, instead of not doing it, people should do it and show the public and the politicians that it is actually alright to carry a long gun because just like a pistol, they don't kill people all on their own. :twocents:

I'm not one who says it is going to cause anyone to want to ban long guns, but I do think it works against us in the court of public opinion. Go to any anti gun site and they all refer to us as gun toting nuts and the NRA as the evil empire.

I will equate it to a gay pride parade with flamboyant, in your face, over the top gays to a gathering in front of the courthouse by well mannered, normally dressed, gay couples who want to get married. Which one do you think help turn the tide of public opinion?

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    I'm not one who says it is going to cause anyone to want to ban long guns, but I do think it works against us in the court of public opinion. Go to any anti gun site and they all refer to us as gun toting nuts and the NRA as the evil empire.

I will equate it to a gay pride parade with flamboyant, in your face, over the top gays to a gathering in front of the courthouse by well mannered, normally dressed, gay couples who want to get married. Which one do you think help turn the tide of public opinion?

Screw the public's opinion. Screw your opinion. And quite blatantly, screw everyone's opinion. Opinion's are like a**holes, everyone has one and they all stink. You think I care about your opinion on what or how I carry? You think anyone here gives two sh*ts about my opinion on what or how they carry? Think I care what an anti-gunner's opinion is? Or a politicians? Nope.

By your statement, you think responsible citizens carrying firearms are working against us... so please, explain how this responsible open carrier is working against us.

I think people who commit murder and go on shooting sprees work against us... but I guess that's just a generous way of looking at it...

The anti-gunners will label us the same no matter what we carry... hell it could be a piece of paper shaped into a gun. I don't care what they label us, because when it comes down to it, guess who they call when they need help... that's right, police. And guess what police carry... that's right, guns! I know, crazy isn't it?

Last edited:

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    F*ck the public's opinion. F*ck your opinion. And quite blatantly, f*ck everyone's opinion. Opinion's are like a**holes, everyone has one and they all stink. You think I care about your opinion on what or how I carry? You think anyone here gives two sh*ts about my opinion on what or how they carry? Nope.

By your statement, you think responsible citizens carrying firearms are working against us...

I think people who commit murder and go on shooting sprees work against us... but I guess that's just a generous way of looking at it...

The anti-gunners will label us the same no matter what we carry... hell it could be a piece of paper shaped into a gun. I don't care what they label us, because when it comes down to it, guess who they call when they need help... that's right, police. And guess what police carry... that's right, guns! I know, crazy isn't it?

Let us try to remain civil.

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    Let us try to remain civil.

I rarely edit for my language barrier, but since it has offended a few, edited. And this is exactly what I am talking about... we give in to so many things because other people don't agree with it, even though it's not hurting anyone or doing any harm. We, as Americans, are stuck in a place where we believe our opinion should make other people change their ways. Whether it's the "cuss words" which is only summed up by a religious belief, or carrying a long gun instead of a pistol. We really need to start accepting that people are different and will be different. This type of behavior as to where someone gets their feelings hurt so people have to do what the public's opinion wants is turning us into pussies and it's exactly why NY and other places have laws in place that prevent citizens from being able to properly defend themselves.

I felt like I was very civil and to the point in my post, I'm not angry, just trying to understand how people who claim to be "Pro 2A" say the exact same thing as "anti-gunners".

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    I rarely edit for my language barrier, but since it has offended a few, edited. And this is exactly what I am talking about... we give in to so many things because other people don't agree with it, even though it's not hurting anyone or doing any harm. We, as Americans, are stuck in a place where we believe our opinion should make other people change their ways. Whether it's the "cuss words" which is only summed up by a religious belief, or carrying a long gun instead of a pistol. We really need to start accepting that people are different and will be different. This type of behavior as to where someone gets their feelings hurt so people have to do what the public's opinion wants is turning us into pussies and it's exactly why NY and other places have laws in place that prevent citizens from being able to properly defend themselves.

I felt like I was very civil and to the point in my post, I'm not angry, just trying to understand how people who claim to be "Pro 2A" say the exact same thing as "anti-gunners".

Or just remember that one is not alone in this world. It is my right to pass gas and I exercise that right all the time. BUT I try to refrain from doing it in a crowded elevator so as not to offend. Others have rights to fresh air.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. I fully support anyone's right to open carry but please don't do it with a long gun. This does not help our cause IMO.
    What do you think our cause is?

We are not going to win over anyone who is "on the fence" with this type of behavior.

Is that your cause? What if it's not "our" cause?

In fact, we give ammunition to our opponents.

The State has plenty of ammunition, who are you talking about?

You can make the point that you want to protect yourself and your rights with a sidearm and not look like a rebel without a clue.

Not in many states, including Georgia and Indiana. Meeting the exception to the prohibition upon carrying a sidearm has been reduced, for all practical purposes, to purchasing a privileged permission slip from government.

So, really, how else but with a long gun can one really exercise their right to keep and bear arms in public in such states?

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    Or just remember that one is not alone in this world. It is my right to pass gas and I exercise that right all the time. BUT I try to refrain from doing it in a crowded elevator so as not to offend. Others have rights to fresh air.

Exactly... it's all about rights. This man was exercising his rights yet here people are criticizing him for doing so. Once you draw the line, even as a gun owner, be ready for that line to be shortened. If something as simple as a long gun offends people and we as gun owners say "yeah I don't agree with that either" then why not take away carrying as a whole? Because even carrying pistols offends some people. Either support the second amendment completely, or not at all. Stop criticizing each other based on what offends you and see it for what it really is, an Constitutional right.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    How about ten youts with droopy drawers, wearing colors, and openly carrying whilst strolling through the airport, Walmart, bank...?

:wrongdoor:

I'm sure they're just exercising their rights, but just in case, I'll take my custom elsewhere that day.

CZB1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Newburgh
    Screw the public's opinion. Screw your opinion. And quite blatantly, screw everyone's opinion. Opinion's are like a**holes, everyone has one and they all stink. You think I care about your opinion on what or how I carry? You think anyone here gives two sh*ts about my opinion on what or how they carry? Think I care what an anti-gunner's opinion is? Or a politicians? Nope.

By your statement, you think responsible citizens carrying firearms are working against us... so please, explain how this responsible open carrier is working against us.

You don't get it and you never will so we will just have to agree to disagree.

99.9999999999% of the time when someone is open carrying a long gun they are doing it to prove they can.

You may not care what anybody else thinks, and contrary to what you think, I am not bending to their presser. I am smart enough though to realize that what "they" think does matter. Laws get passed in response to public opinion. The only reason you have to get a $200 tax stamp for a class 3 weapon is because the public tide turned against automatic weapons in response to what was happening in the gangster days.

Individual opinions may be like a-holes, but the opinion of many become laws. I want to put my efforts into trying to get all states to observe constitutional carry or at least honor all other states permits, not trying to defend some jerk that wants to carry a AR with a 100 round mag into an airport.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

The anti-gunners will label us the same no matter what we carry... hell it could be a piece of paper shaped into a gun. I don't care what they label us, because when it comes down to it, guess who they call when they need help... that's right, police. And guess what police carry... that's right, guns! I know, crazy isn't it?[/QUOTE

:popcorn:

CZB1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Newburgh
    What do you think our cause is?

To keep any more laws against guns being passed and to eventually have constitutional carry or at least have all states honor every other states permit.

[/QUOTE]Is that your cause? What if it's not "our" cause?[/QUOTE]

I think of "us" as a community, sorry if you do not. My opinions are of course my own and you are free to disagree which you have done.

[/QUOTE]The State has plenty of ammunition, who are you talking about?[/QUOTE]

Exactly, so why give them more. This guy will be the poster child of the anti gun movement.

[/QUOTE]Not in many states, including Georgia and Indiana. Meeting the exception to the prohibition upon carrying a sidearm has been reduced, for all practical purposes, to purchasing a privileged permission slip from government.[/QUOTE]

So work to change the laws. Support candidates who you believe will help.

[/QUOTE]So, really, how else but with a long gun can one really exercise their right to keep and bear arms in public in such states?[/QUOTE]

If you can prove to me that this guy had no other option, I will withdraw every statement I have made. You and I both know why he, and virtually all others who walk around with a long gun in public do it. At least be honest about that.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    You don't get it and you never will so we will just have to agree to disagree.

Denotes weak argument or poor debating skilz.

99.9999999999% of the time when someone is open carrying a long gun they are doing it to prove they can.

Well, duh?

[/QUOTE] You may not care what anybody else thinks, and contrary to what you think, I am not bending to their pressure. [/QUOTE]

FTFY

But you are. Doing perzactly what they, the . Anti-s would have us do.. Fight among ourselves. Divide and conquer. Part of this right is scary/offensive/ you pick the adjective, so we must restrict this right. Kids are at risk and might be frightened. So guns in schools are verboten. How's that workin for you, Newtown, USA?

Last edited:

CZB1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Newburgh
    Denotes weak argument or poor debating skilz.

Well, duh?
    You may not care what anybody else thinks, and contrary to what you think, I am not bending to their pressure. [/QUOTE]
    FTFY
    But you are. Doing perzactly what they, the . Anti-s would have us do.. Fight among ourselves. Divide and conquer. Part of this right is scary/offensive/ you pick the adjective, so we must restrict this right. Kids are at risk and might be frightened. So guns in schools are verboten. How's that workin for you, Newtown, USA?[/QUOTE]

I learned long ago that there is no point in arguing with someone who is dead set in their belief. You made it clear how you feel so what is the point. I can say "does not" and you can say "does so" back and forth till we are blue in the face and still be nowhere.

It's funny to me how someone who rushes to profanity is going to then complain about someone else's debating skills.

I understand that you want us all to present a unified front as long as that front is the one you believe in and you don't want to hear anything to the contrary.

Suffice to say, I fall into the camp that says just because you have a right to do something does not mean you should or that it is a good idea, and you fall into the it's my right and I don't give a F what you or anyone else thinks, or how it affects the bigger picture.

I get it! End of Argument!

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    You may not care what anybody else thinks, and contrary to what you think, I am not bending to their pressure.
    FTFY
    But you are. Doing perzactly what they, the . Anti-s would have us do.. Fight among ourselves. Divide and conquer. Part of this right is scary/offensive/ you pick the adjective, so we must restrict this right. Kids are at risk and might be frightened. So guns in schools are verboten. How's that workin for you, Newtown, USA?

I learned long ago that there is no point in arguing with someone who is dead set in their belief. You made it clear how you feel so what is the point. I can say "does not" and you can say "does so" back and forth till we are blue in the face and still be nowhere.

It's funny to me how someone who rushes to profanity is going to then complain about someone else's debating skills.

I understand that you want us all to present a unified front as long as that front is the one you believe in and you don't want to hear anything to the contrary.

Suffice to say, I fall into the camp that says just because you have a right to do something does not mean you should or that it is a good idea, and you fall into the it's my right and I don't give a F what you or anyone else thinks, or how it affects the bigger picture.

I get it! End of Argument!

The bold part is the one I'm debating. So, what is the bigger picture? What history or evidence do you have which supports that carrying a long gun diminishes our rights to carry? There must be something that has happened in order for you to see it this way... otherwise it's just paranoia or that you just don't like the sight of seeing someone with a firearm, which is exactly what the anti's reasoning is. There is actual evidence where people have used a gun to defend themselves, but for the life of me I can't find anything or think of any situation where a responsible and law abiding citizen open carrying a long gun has caused laws to be passed that go against "your cause".

Would you be happy if a law was passed where you are no longer allowed to carry a long gun?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    The bold part is the one I'm debating. So, what is the bigger picture? What history or evidence do you have which supports that carrying a long gun diminishes our rights to carry? There must be something that has happened in order for you to see it this way... otherwise it's just paranoia or that you just don't like the sight of seeing someone with a firearm, which is exactly what the anti's reasoning is. There is actual evidence where people have used a gun to defend themselves, but for the life of me I can't find anything or think of any situation where a responsible and law abiding citizen open carrying a long gun has caused laws to be passed that go against "your cause".

Would you be happy if a law was passed where you are no longer allowed to carry a long gun?

Ill chime in and say I've never heard anyone but a hard core pro 2a person say:
    "wow. I'm really glad they are walking around the coffee shop with that rifle. I hope I see MORE of it."

in everyday surroundings, (not a rally)I don't see it helping to sway opinions our way for antis, or even those on the fence.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Ill chime in and say I've never heard anyone but a hard core pro 2a person say:
    "wow. I'm really glad they are walking around the coffee shop with that rifle. I hope I see MORE of it."

in everyday surroundings, (not a rally)I don't see it helping to sway opinions our way for antis, or even those on the fence.

Just because you can does not always mean you should. Not against the law now.........Keep this up and it soon will be.
    We can argue rights all night long but this is not a way to press the issue.

JMHO of course. My opinion is worth, well, Nada.

squirrelhntr

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    n.w. indiana
    I'd like to see more Americans do what he did. the day is comin, IMO when we're gonna wish we had our rifles with us. I don't get scared when I see a cop or soldier with a rifle. WTH's the difference ? ISIS is headed our way. (lets not loose our heads)

Top Bottom