It's cool to take a loaded rifle into the Georgia airports!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    These O.C. rifle attention whoring seems to me to have the same mindset of, "If I don't grind my shoes in your couch then you'll stop be hospitable to me."

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Infringements are introduced all the time by clowns like this. It's not a consequence of exercising one's rights.

Yep. He probably carries bills like this around in his briefcase so he can introduce them at any time he deems opportune.

Mr. Johnson said,

Our nation’s airports are economic and cultural engines that drive our local, state and national economy. They are the front door for many of our communities. Unfortunately, they are also a known target for those seeking to incite fear.

Let's assume he is able to prohibit firearms from the entrance to the airport. Next he'll want to "protect" the parking lot, and the highway that leads to the airport. Then all the way to the traveler's front door.

To Mr. Johson, those who exercise their freedoms "incite fear" just by being armed. In his mind, do you honestly think the level of fear dissipates the further one gets from the airport, or is it present whenever a citizen carries a firearm?

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    After ATL incident, Hank Johnson wants to ban loaded guns at airportsoutside airport security | Political Insider blog

Actions have consequences. U.S. Rep Johnson introduced a bill to extend airport gun bans outside security.

He introduced the same thing in 2009 and 2013... big whoop, bills are introduced to ban "assault rifles", certain types of ammo, and all other things that you can imagine up as a politician. It doesn't mean it is going to pass because, to my own amazement, not every politician is an imbecile.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Just my contribution FWIT. I'm happy whenever I see a court decision or law passed that goes in favor of exercising our 2nd Amendment freedoms. As has been mentioned several times in this thread, just because something is legal doesn't mean its a good idea. When it comes to carrying rifles in airports, I honestly don't see how that is helping us. It gets a lot of negative attention, may push an influential law-maker who is borderline over to the other side. In this recent case, it initiated at least one anti-carry proposal that would ban carrying anywhere in an airport. Once anti-carry bills get passed, it seems to garner political support and momentum. Again, we should be free to carry as we go about our everyday lives. We have a lot of political support and momentum along these lines recently. When folks start taking that freedom to extremes, it does more harm than good for our side. These goof balls aren't helping our cause.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    I would argue not to even proceed past the entryway to the secured areas. (dont go beyond the food court) Nothing down there but a no-go zone and is only asking for trouble. (as if OCing a long gun wasnt already asking...)

QFT! Outside of an honest to God organized protest march, it sure as hell doesnt help matters any to OC a rifle out and about the town.

So, if I want to protect myself and don't feel that I should apply for a LTCH, because of the infringement on my basic rights, then I should not carry a long gun? What should I carry then? Should I just bring a knife to a gun fight? Should I give up MY beliefs and get a LTCH and carry a handgun because that's what YOU think is right? Quite frankly, I'm tired of being told "don't carry a gun" by the anti-2A crew and "don't carry a long gun" by the pro-2A side. I should be able to dictate how I protect myself, not you. Not Que. Not Fenway. Not ATM. Not anyone, but myself.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    So, if I want to protect myself and don't feel that I should apply for a LTCH, because of the infringement on my basic rights, then I should not carry a long gun? What should I carry then? Should I just bring a knife to a gun fight? Should I give up MY beliefs and get a LTCH and carry a handgun because that's what YOU think is right? Quite frankly, I'm tired of being told "don't carry a gun" by the anti-2A crew and "don't carry a long gun" by the pro-2A side. I should be able to dictate how I protect myself, not you. Not Que. Not Fenway. Not ATM. Not anyone, but myself.

Me, me, me, I, I, I, my, my, my.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    Just because libs are afraid of guns doesn't mean the rest of us should have to suffer.

Whatever happened to the days of every man having a .357 strapped to his belt and a lever gun by his side? Wouldn't even get a second look...

America is full of pansy's and libs, what ever happened to the constitution?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Just because libs are afraid of guns doesn't mean the rest of us should have to suffer.

Whatever happened to the days of every man having a .357 strapped to his belt and a lever gun by his side? Wouldn't even get a second look...

America is full of pansy's and libs, what ever happened to the constitution?

Those days never existed.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Me, me, me, I, I, I, my, my, my.

You're correct. It is all "me, me, me, I, I, I, my, my, my." Do YOU know why? When it comes to MY life, I don't expect YOU to come to my rescue. I don't expect an officer to give his life to protect mine, especially if I am fully capable and willing to do the deed myself. Does it sound selfish? Absolutely, but just look at all the instances where the police are too late to do anything or the police give the criminal time and someone gets hurt. My gun is there for MY safety and my family's safety. It is not there to save you. It is not there to save your kids. HOWEVER, if in the course of my having to use my firearm, anyone else benefits from it, fantastic. I will not hunt someone down in a mall or an airport though. It is there as a device to, hopefully, get me out of a situation and home at the end of the day if need be. You can take your "you're selfish" attitude and go somewhere else with it. I should be the only one here dictating how I am protected, unfortunately iy seems people like YOU don't want me to be able to protect myself if it offends someone else.

Top Bottom