• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CZB1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Newburgh
    I have owned and/or shot the Shield, Nano, CM9 and the XDs (in 45) so I can only comment on the shield out of your group. For me it was good but I would rank it third behind the XDs and the CM9 and second behind the CM9 if size is the bigger factor.

My EDC now is the XDs 45 but I keep my CM9 around for when I want something even a little smaller. The Shield's trigger was just a bit gritty for my taste. I loved the CM9 until I shot the XDs and now I think its trigger is the best of all.

TubThumper

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 2, 2015
    Westfield
    I might suggest the Walther PPS (which I own), as well as the Kahr CM9 (which I'd like to own). Both very compact 9mm and in the price range of the others you mentioned!

Joe B

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2015
    Lafayette
    I had been looking at different carry guns for the summer. I ended up getting a diamondback db9 and could not be more happy with it. The only bad thing about it is extra magazines are hard to find.

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    I believe it, lol. I carried one from 2010 until recently and now carry a...wait for it... Taurus PT 111 G2. This little baby is a gem, say what you will. It's basically a double stack 709 slim, but a very thin 12+1 double stack.

I hate to admit it, but for $200, this can't be beat...

TubThumper

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 2, 2015
    Westfield
    Did you have a hard time getting use to the mag release on the PPS?

I don't, but I owned a P22 for years prior to the PPS. I use my strong hand, middle finger to accuate the mag release and it feels completely comfortable to me. Natural? No, not initially - but comfortable none the less. YMMV.

TubThumper

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 2, 2015
    Westfield
    I'll also add that the XDs 9mm shoots very similar to the PPS if you think the Walthers mag release is a deal breaker. It also has the benefit (?) of a grip safety if that's your thing. Size wise they're very similar.

TubThumper

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 2, 2015
    Westfield
    I'll also add that in the week or so I picked up a Kahr PM9 and an XDs .45. The Kahr is a sweet CCW. I can easily (and comfortably) pocket carry it in a DeSantis Superfly pocket holster as easy as my Sig p238. The XDs is also very easily carried in an IWB holster at about 3:30 for me (love handles) with a fairly strong forward cant.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Shot a P938 at Point Blank this morning and was pretty impressed. I thought it had a little less recoil than the Shield and was a little smaller. I would still go with the Shield, due to it being around $200+ cheaper, but the Sig was nice.

Squib

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Indianapolis
    The CM9 has been my summer carry for a couple of years now. Is there another good 6-round pistol 5.5 inches or shorter that we should know about?

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    I shot one of those at Point Blank yesterday and was impressed. Smaller than the Shield and less recoil. Only issue for me is the price. Almost twice the cost of a Shield, but it's a great option for someone who can afford it.

Palmetto State Armory had the P938 on sale 6-8 months ago?? for $499. I'm with you in thinking they're a tad high at regular price. At $499, giddy-up.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    Here's another good thing about the Sig P938. You can get a 22lr conversion kit for it when you feel like shooting some rimfire. The downside, since you gave up one testi to buy the gun, you have to give up the other to afford the conversion kit. Sig is proud of their stuff.

Top Bottom