• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Redneckbuckeye

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 19, 2009
    Sheridan
    It is summer again and I am again thinking about a small 9mm for CC. Would like to know, if you have had experience with one of the few I am considering and what you like or dislike about it. The ones I am considering are ruger lc9, glock 43, kel tec pf9 and S&W shield.

Thanks

chubbs

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Jun 2, 2009
    North of hell, south of heaven
    Back before I refused to own a kel tec, i owned 2 pf9's. The first one was flawless, i traded it and regretted the decision. So i picked up another from PSS, it was a total pos. I sent it back to keltec, was around $40 in shipping. Got it back in 3 months, now it was a scratched up pos that still refused to be reliable. I sold off all my keltec products and haven't looked back. I replaced the pf9 with a kahr.

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    Had an XDS for a while until I replaced it with a 43. Prior to the XDS I had a CM9. Loved the XDS but I carried everything else glock and could finally get a single stack glock. I was looking at the shield or the xds at the time and the trigger was much better on the XDS IMO. I've never been a fan of the shield or M&P triggers. Handled the LC9 a few times, trigger was god awful. I've heard good things about the lc9s though but haven't had a chance to fondle one. All are good guns, can't go wrong with either.

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    Finally was able to pick up a Glock 43!!! All your choices listed are great guns. I have gotten used to Glock triggers, so when they introduced a single stack 9mm. I had to have one!!!

cerebus85

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Mar 5, 2012
    I carry the walther pps and I think is pretty comfortable. It's slim great grips and is pretty legit as far as quality goes. Plus it's a bit different.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I tried the LC9 and a Glock 26 before settling not he Taurus 709 Slim. Works great, conceals easy, accurate under 10 yrs (most I have tried). Not one problem for over 1,000 rounds.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I also recommend the Shield. I've had one for about a year and it's great. It carries well, is easy to conceal and is very nice to shoot. It has impressive accuracy for it's size. The G43 is another options, though I would go with the Shield over the Glock any day. Right now, a G43 will go for $450 or higher, while a Shield in 9mm or .40 can be picked up for around $350. While the G43 is a nice gun, I don't think it's $100 nicer than the Shield. You can also get the Shield with or without a thumb safety.

BigRed3588

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 4, 2013
    Boynton Beach
    I'm going to echo hpclayto. I carry an XDS and love it. The couple Shields I've handled both had triggers that felt like they were filled with sand. I've owned a couple Glocks and had an XD .45 and felt the triggers on the polymer Springfields edge out the Glocks.

JJM7288

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 4, 2015
    Zionsville
    G43, still carrying my G42 until I decide on a holster for the 43. I shot it again yesterday with 124 American Eagle bullets and, well it was great.

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    +1 on the Shield. Mine has a factory trigger that is smooth and consistent. Nothing like the triggers in my 1911's, mind you, but very serviceable for a CCW.
    In warm weather I like to carry in a Comfort Holsters Jaguar Elite. This is a very small profile kydex IWB with a synthetic suede covered gel pad on the back. It molds itself to your body, stays cool against your skin, and no part of the firearm touches your flesh.

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    Definitely don't get an LC9. Make sure you're getting a LC9s. The trigger on the "S" is much improved. That's why there are a bunch of old LC9 on the secondary market.

All of those will work just fine, even the Taurus.

One more to throw out there is you're looking for the absolute SMALLEST 9mm, outside of the exotics, is the Diamondback DB9.

Top Bottom