• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Yet another mere coincidence: Those who despise America the most want the doors thrown open for "refugees."

Isn't ironic that, to many, the US and Europe being on muslim lands is to blame for all of this, so to fix it demands we bring all of those that hate us over to our lands? Or is it that the only ones looking to seek "refuge" are all Americal lovers?

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    I bath everyday and I'm clean shaven with a flat top , I'm not seeing a problem here .

LOL. Me to but are all your friends and relatives? Mine aren't and I'll bet it would get old waiting in the traffic jams it would cause. To think it wouldn't affect you would be wrong.
    Sorry, meant clean shaven not did they bathe every day :)

Bob

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    LOL. Me to but are all your friends and relatives? Mine aren't and I'll bet it would get old waiting in the traffic jams it would cause. To think it wouldn't affect you would be wrong.
    Sorry, meant clean shaven not did they bathe every day :)

Bob

Once Trump gets in office it shouldn't take long to clear up but while your waiting your turn , throw in a Springstein CD , blast Born in the USA and freedom the **** on ! Merica !

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Are you an Isis terrorist? No? Then what freedoms are you giving up. The American idiot public is giving up so many damn freedoms daily just by not giving a **** it's sickening. I'm talking about limiting the freedoms and access of FOREIGNERS not American citizens. Unless you wanna take a holiday to the Middle East, in that case do I care if you are inconvenienced or put through extra scrutiny to get back into the US? No I don't and you should be. Do cops stop cars that look out of place in bad neighborhoods to see if they are out buying drugs? Yes. What's the difference? It's common sense.

Well, actually since I'm a US citizen and you said if I go to the Middle East I should stay there, you're ready to limit my ability to travel. Now you're backing down a bit and saying I should get extra scrutiny.

My sister in law, a Jordanian citizen, visited us last December. Obese. Had an organ transplant as a toddler and is in poor health. Her primary concern is getting an attractive young man who doesn't care she's fat and spends most of her day on Facebook and the like. Is she an ISIS terrorist? Are you so afraid of her that she can't come visit us? What about my father in law? He's also a Jordanian citizen, but originally Palestinian. He's exactly what you think of when you think "Palestinian". A retired accountant. He can't drive at night any longer due to deteriorating eyesight from diabetes. He's been coming to the US since the 1950s as a visitor and has never gotten so much as a traffic ticket. You're so afraid of him he can't visit his daughter in Indiana or his son in California?

Go ahead and try.

See how quick you got offended and adopted a siege mentality? Now if I was serious, I could use that as further proof of how strong your violent tendencies are. It's different when you're being lumped in with someone else, isn't it?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Well, actually since I'm a US citizen and you said if I go to the Middle East I should stay there, you're ready to limit my ability to travel. Now you're backing down a bit and saying I should get extra scrutiny.

My sister in law, a Jordanian citizen, visited us last December. Obese. Had an organ transplant as a toddler and is in poor health. Her primary concern is getting an attractive young man who doesn't care she's fat and spends most of her day on Facebook and the like. Is she an ISIS terrorist? Are you so afraid of her that she can't come visit us? What about my father in law? He's also a Jordanian citizen, but originally Palestinian. He's exactly what you think of when you think "Palestinian". A retired accountant. He can't drive at night any longer due to deteriorating eyesight from diabetes. He's been coming to the US since the 1950s as a visitor and has never gotten so much as a traffic ticket. You're so afraid of him he can't visit his daughter in Indiana or his son in California?

See how quick you got offended and adopted a siege mentality? Now if I was serious, I could use that as further proof of how strong your violent tendencies are. It's different when you're being lumped in with someone else, isn't it?
    I have no doubt your own family is of no threat to anyone but just because someone is obese or in bad health they can still be a threat.
    I didn't get offended I'm just willing to give my life to defend my rights and my country. And the only time I would be violent is if I my friends or family are threatened with loss of life and that's my natural right.

bigbaloo95

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2014
    wolcottville
    Some friends of mine from Jordan said daesh is much more appropriate than Isis or Isil. The French president refused to use anything but daesh when they first started making headlines. Said using the name they chose for themselves was giving in!

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I didn't realize visiting my in-laws in Jordan and then returning home was a national security issue. Let's say you're right, though. It's too tough to try to figure out the good from the bad. That sounds like a good reason for me changing my position on civilian gun ownership. You guys have convinced me. It's just too hard to determine who will commit a crime with a gun and who won't. After all, criminals don't wear shirts that identify them as such. Given how many casualties we have from domestic gun owners vs immigrants of any stripe, it only seems logical to me in the name of safety to disarm all of you. It's just too much bother to sort out a retired accountant traveling with his wife and children for tourism from the likely terrorist or the sport shooter or someone who wants to protect their house from the next school shooter.

Start a post about a cop who disarms a motorist because he's scared of someone who's armed and it's LIBERTY!!!! Post about restricting citizen's travels because you're scared of the place he traveled to, just common sense safety measures. Right?

Your argument doesn't really work. You are a citizen and not an unknown person of unknown loyalty from a region full of individuals actively hostile to us, being allowed to seek refuge by a faction that does not allow the people who would make fitting refugees to leave. Your example further fails to account for the fact that we, the citizens of the US have enumerated rights. Foreign nationals do NOT have a right to be admitted to the United States, especially those of suspect integrity.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Some friends of mine from Jordan said daesh is much more appropriate than Isis or Isil. The French president refused to use anything but daesh when they first started making headlines. Said using the name they chose for themselves was giving in!

Sounds like a reasonable argument about not calling by the name of their choosing. How do you say 'pig sh*t' in Arabic?

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I know this thread is kind of on a detour and I was going to post this earlier but didn't.... However I think I'll add it. It was written back in March but it does a great job with helping to get a handle on/better understand ISIS.

What ISIS Really Wants - The Atlantic

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Someone help me here.

There appear to be two clear camps.
    1) those who insist on saying ISIS
    2) those who insist on saying ISIL

its the same group, right? There must be some important distinction I'm missing.

It is very simple for me ..... I don't care who "they" are..... I call them isis, simply because the "chicken in chief" calls them the other .....

So for me, it is isis .....

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Jeeze...8 pages on the definitions on douche bags...potato vs potatoe. Take your pick and shoot either way.

Yeah but it's worth it. As they say, "know your enemy..."

I just felt much better informed beyond "ISIS is bad."

Top Bottom