• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    It's funny how quick "those who trade liberty for safety deserve neither" flips when it doesn't effect you personally.

I am not sure that really applies in the context of national security, which, as you recall, is one of the few legitimate functions of government. Rather than having to sort through large numbers of people who range from completely innocuous to virulently dangerous, encouraging and constructively assisting them in establishing their own liberty by displacing their threats rather than being displaced themselves seems like a much better alternative all the way around.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I am not sure that really applies in the context of national security, which, as you recall, is one of the few legitimate functions of government. Rather than having to sort through large numbers of people who range from completely innocuous to virulently dangerous, encouraging and constructively assisting them in establishing their own liberty by displacing their threats rather than being displaced themselves seems like a much better alternative all the way around.

Trigger Time;6179373[B said:
    ]Close our borders to Mid East travelers. If you wanna go there you get to stay there.[/B] It's time to close our borders for a while at least to ALL outsiders

I didn't realize visiting my in-laws in Jordan and then returning home was a national security issue. Let's say you're right, though. It's too tough to try to figure out the good from the bad. That sounds like a good reason for me changing my position on civilian gun ownership. You guys have convinced me. It's just too hard to determine who will commit a crime with a gun and who won't. After all, criminals don't wear shirts that identify them as such. Given how many casualties we have from domestic gun owners vs immigrants of any stripe, it only seems logical to me in the name of safety to disarm all of you. It's just too much bother to sort out a retired accountant traveling with his wife and children for tourism from the likely terrorist or the sport shooter or someone who wants to protect their house from the next school shooter.

Start a post about a cop who disarms a motorist because he's scared of someone who's armed and it's LIBERTY!!!! Post about restricting citizen's travels because you're scared of the place he traveled to, just common sense safety measures. Right?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I didn't realize visiting my in-laws in Jordan and then returning home was a national security issue. Let's say you're right, though. It's too tough to try to figure out the good from the bad. That sounds like a good reason for me changing my position on civilian gun ownership. You guys have convinced me. It's just too hard to determine who will commit a crime with a gun and who won't. After all, criminals don't wear shirts that identify them as such. Given how many casualties we have from domestic gun owners vs immigrants of any stripe, it only seems logical to me in the name of safety to disarm all of you. It's just too much bother to sort out a retired accountant traveling with his wife and children for tourism from the likely terrorist or the sport shooter or someone who wants to protect their house from the next school shooter.

Start a post about a cop who disarms a motorist because he's scared of someone who's armed and it's LIBERTY!!!! Post about restricting citizen's travels because you're scared of the place he traveled to, just common sense safety measures. Right?
    Go ahead and try. That position is the wrong path. Armed civilians will be the only thing standing in their way not the cops. I'm never gonna rely on cops or the govt to protect me. They can't even protect Indianapolis from some urban thugs killing and murdering pregnant women.
    Trying to keep terrorist from coming here and killing innocent people is worth exploring all avenues. We know who the real enemy is. If a certain group of people has to go through further steps to be here to be sure they are not terrorist or get offended so what. I don't care. If they don't want to then don't come here or live here.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Go ahead and try. That position is the wrong path.
    Trying to keep terrorist from coming here and killing innocent people is worth exploring all avenues. We know who the real enemy is. If a certain group of people has to go through further steps to be here to be sure they are not terrorist or get offended so what. I don't care. If they don't want to then don't come here or live here.

It's not worth exploring all avenues. It's a far, far overblown threat not worth giving up any liberties for. Just because you're scared of the Isis boogie man getting you In your sleep doesn't mean the rest of us should give up any freedoms.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    It's not worth exploring all avenues. It's a far, far overblown threat not worth giving up any liberties for. Just because you're scared of the Isis boogie man getting you In your sleep doesn't mean the rest of us should give up any freedoms.
    Are you an Isis terrorist? No? Then what freedoms are you giving up. The American idiot public is giving up so many damn freedoms daily just by not giving a **** it's sickening. I'm talking about limiting the freedoms and access of FOREIGNERS not American citizens. Unless you wanna take a holiday to the Middle East, in that case do I care if you are inconvenienced or put through extra scrutiny to get back into the US? No I don't and you should be. Do cops stop cars that look out of place in bad neighborhoods to see if they are out buying drugs? Yes. What's the difference? It's common sense.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I may be wrong,but the Levant only recognizes Palestine BUT not Israel.Notice that who says "L"and not "S" seems to have a problem WITH Israel.

I was just about to point that out, but you stole my thunder.
    Jeremiah Wright regularly peppered his sermons with Jew-hatred, but that is mere coincidence, naturally.
    Rep inbound.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    It's funny how quick "those who trade liberty for safety deserve neither" flips when it doesn't effect you personally.

Along the same lines as the , I don't care if they ban assault weapons cause you don't need them to hunt with. Or Uncle Joes advice on only needing a double barrel for home defense.
    Those of us that actually got to know A LOT of M.E. people realize that there isn't a terrorist behind every bush. That's just people talking out their ass due to their own ignorance.
    Kinda like one of "my Iraqis" who didn't come to work for 2 days. When he showed up, he apologized endlessly for not coming in. It seems his 2yr old daughter, who I had met, was clasified as "collateral damage" from a U.S. airstrike on a neighbor that HE had informed on. Yeah, the neighbor had placed an IED by the road. My guy disarmed it then snitched the neighbor out. This guy had no ill will for me or the U.S. Just said it was Gods will.

Bob

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    i don't need my conscience clouding judgement. This is a war not a charity.

It didn't cloud mine either the 3 years I was there in an active war zone.
    People w/o consciences are classified as psychopaths. It's part of what seperates us from the very people you are fearing/ hating.

Bob

Top Bottom