Is this wrong or am I just officially an old geezer now?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Redtbird

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Monroe County
    So long as we're on the topic of bastardized classics, one of these old boys was purchased by someone out there...

which was put in the middle of a candlelit circle surrounded by certain hood figures... :mallninja::mallninja::mallninja::mallninja::mallninja::mallninja:
    and spit this out the other end...

:faint::faint: :bat:

That's just wrong so many ways. I thought it was bad when someone put an M1-A or a Mosin 91/30 in one of these stocks. But a Garand?

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I think the guy mounted it ok. The wood look makes it wrong. Paint the gun and it would look right. Black or camp it up.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Are you geezers also at the point where you yell at kids to get off of your lawn?

(Just joking.... Don't shoot.)

Close....:)

3a78bcfdc58ebfeda20a042eb6562fc5f1b2759756fead33152f6c1e6631f09e.jpg

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Am I just now officially an old geezer or does anyone else on INGO think this is just wrong?

It's just a tool.

He modified it for his needs, cool with me.

Some places in UK it is hard to get a license for a self-loading .22. This gets the job done.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    It's just a tool.

He modified it for his needs, cool with me.

Some places in UK it is hard to get a license for a self-loading .22. This gets the job done.

Your just saying that because you put a rail on your pre-model 17 K 22......With an NC Star laser/light combo no doubt...:)

Someone pointed out earlier that he was from UK (I just saw the pic and linked it without reading where he was from) and I thought being as how that rifle would be considered a "Rook Rifle" in England that may have had something to do with it...If that rifle was grandfathered in or something that would make sense...

Saw this pic in the mix too and wondered about the legality of this....I know Albert Johnston "The Mad Trapper" of Canada (And Charles Bronson "Death Hunt" fame) had a similar Winchester single shot done up the same way...

1798547_01_winchester_model_67a_22_calibe_640.jpg

Albert Johnson's supplies....
    001%2B002.jpg

Of course if he was 'Merican he would have known that duct tape would have done just as well....

Last edited:

INGarand

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2014
    Buffaloville
    And to think instructors have spent many hours teaching the weaver type of shooting with the weak hand holding the flashlight during shooting.

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    I cringed when I saw the picture. I grew up shooting and old, single shot Remington .22, similar to that. My grandfather bought it in the 40's for $6. My brother owns it now.
    The screw holes on that old Winchester could be repaired and it would add to it's history. At least he hasn't started sawing on wood or steel, YET.

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    A bolt action hand gun isn't a problem. Cutting down a rifle to make one is. As far as the light on the rifle goes he could have used a bracket that goes on the barrel and not buggered up the wood. His game his toy. It seemed to work out for him.

Tangero

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2013
    Lake County
    Heck, I'm young and I think that's wrong. Any modification to an old firearm should be quickly reversible and leave little to no trace it's even there, IMO

mikebol

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2015
    Trafalgar
    I must be a geezer too because some classics just should remain "natural". I was recently looking at a Henry Big Boy and would never be able to bring myself to do anything more to it - it's an American classic.

Miller Tyme

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Whiskey City, Indiana
    Am I just now officially an old geezer or does anyone else on INGO think this is just wrong???? It's a .22 Winchester classic single shot for Pete's sake...If you want to mount a tactical light on a .22 there are plenty of used 10/22's out there for around $200 bucks....I am gifting my nephew our family's old Winchester Model 67 and I wanted to show him a pic of what he was getting....He saw this pic and said, "Man...That's cool how you can mount a flashlight on it...Can I mount one on the one I am getting?"

I said simply, "No".....

5396429083_f4eff3d1b7_b.jpg
    To answer the 1st part of your question, yes Rick you are an "old geezer", and no tacticooling a ss .22 rifle is just wrong on so many levels.

Top Bottom