Is this wrong or am I just officially an old geezer now?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Am I just now officially an old geezer or does anyone else on INGO think this is just wrong???? It's a .22 Winchester classic single shot for Pete's sake...If you want to mount a tactical light on a .22 there are plenty of used 10/22's out there for around $200 bucks....I am gifting my nephew our family's old Winchester Model 67 and I wanted to show him a pic of what he was getting....He saw this pic and said, "Man...That's cool how you can mount a flashlight on it...Can I mount one on the one I am getting?"

I said simply, "No".....

5396429083_f4eff3d1b7_b.jpg

Gunner72

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2014
    NE Indiana
    There is a wrong way and a right way to do things. This is obviously wrong wrong wrong.
    Nice flashlight and nice gun but together ... No way

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    You got rid of a vegetable stealing varmint using an old gun and a new flashlight, no I don't see the problem. Nothing wrong with being a geezer either.:)

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Looks like the rifle is adept at killing small game for him. It's not my rifle and if it was this would have never been done to it. Since it's his now I guess he's "personalized" it.
    Our old family guns have been in the family for decades and a couple for centuries now.
    Mark it down in the back of the old Family Bible so any future generation will know "who and what" happened to the rifle.
    All may look back someday and possibly marvel at the start of a great career. Only the future holds the answers.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I would have rather seen it on a different rifle, but hey, it's his rifle to trash. Seems like a great idea for coon hunting, really.

FireBirdDS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    So long as we're on the topic of bastardized classics, one of these old boys was purchased by someone out there...

which was put in the middle of a candlelit circle surrounded by certain hood figures... :mallninja::mallninja::mallninja::mallninja::mallninja::mallninja:

and spit this out the other end...

:faint::faint: :bat:

Last edited:

srad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Elkhart/Bristol, IN
    Oh the humanity!!!

And... isn't it illegal to hunt rabbits after sunset? Or am I an old geezer too?

Original image for that photo on flickr shows it's from the UK with the caption
    "Winchester model 67 (27 inch barrel) with LED Lenser M14 torch fitted for night rabbit spotting."

Dispatching varmint at night is ok in the UK, and author put the 400 lumen/320 meter Lenser "torch" on his single-shot to be practical, not tactical.

Top Bottom