• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pate

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    Bloomington area
    i read that u do not need a permit to carry a long gun. and says that u can walk down the street with a AK47 strapped to your back and they cant do anything about it as long as your not walking with it in your hands pointing it at people obviusly or in any other threating manner. is this true?

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    It's true. You need the License To Carry Handgun (LTCH, or Larry) only to carry handguns.
    Having that license will except one from the Federal law prohibiting firearms within 1000' of school property, but that's the only connection between the license and long arms that I can think of.

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    It's true. You need the License To Carry Handgun (LTCH, or Larry) only to carry handguns.
    Having that license will except one from the Federal law prohibiting firearms within 1000' of school property, but that's the only connection between the license and long arms that I can think of.
    Dont think this applies to colleges though but im sure it wouldn't be pretty....

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    wow thats crazy lol. not that i would really want to do it but its just funny hows thats leagal?

Not really crazy if you think about it. Legal is the default nature of things.

Everything that hasn't specifically been made illegal is still legal.

What's crazy is how many things have been made illegal. :n00b:

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    Not really crazy if you think about it. Legal is the default nature of things.

Everything that hasn't specifically been made illegal is still legal.

What's crazy is how many things have been made illegal. :n00b:
    agreed the more we age as a country the more of basic liberty's face the chopping block (and its hard to get them back after they disappear)

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Heck, when I was a kid... 36-37 years ago, my buddies and I would walk down our street carrying our shotguns and with our rifles slung over our shoulder, ammo vests bulging. We'd walk back to some railroad tracks that run under I-465 on the south side (of Indy) and shoot under that overpass. Nobody thought anything about it back then. Of course shooting within Marion County is no longer permitted, and there would probably be a SWAT team involved if we tried that now. Pity that. Some of the best rabbit hunting I ever had was where the license branch now sits on South Meridian St. near Round Hill Cemetery. Good times, good times... :oldwise:

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    Yea when I was a kid we would always walk around with our rifles in our hands & we had to pass through a couple of residential neighborhoods & then across a public park before we got back into the woods where we used to go hunting, no-one ever said anything or called the police on us or nothing like that.

Times sure have changed that's for sure.

shavedforbattle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Evansville
    I sure wish things were different nowadays. Until I joined a private rifle range (Red Brush in Newburgh, IN), finding a spot to shoot was near impossible without driving 45 miles down the road.

Top Bottom