• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • revolvers&w

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Albany
    i read that u do not need a permit to carry a long gun. and says that u can walk down the street with a AK47 strapped to your back and they cant do anything about it as long as your not walking with it in your hands pointing it at people obviusly or in any other threating manner. is this true?

Not sure that you would have to have it slung to your back.
    Why couldn't you carry it?

Somemedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jackson Hole Wyoming... I was a kid in the mid to late 70's. Seen a guy walking down the street with a 30-30 winchester over his shoulder and a cowboy hat. No spurs (as if they wouldnt have completed the get up). Guy was HUGE too 7 foot 40... I was in awe. My mom saw me looking at him and she noticed him too. I cant remember if he had a rig on his hip as well but the funny thing was he didnt go and jump on some big horse, he climbed into a Chevy LUV and put the gun up into the back window rack and drove away.

The truck kinda blew the whole cowboy image for me. Only time I ever saw a dude walking down the street with a long gun in his hands.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    wow thats crazy lol. not that i would really want to do it but its just funny hows thats leagal?

What is funny, is your complete misunderstanding of the 2nd Amendment. Please take some time to read this, and then let us all know why a permit or license should be required to carry any sort of firearm.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

A hint for you, would be to diagram the above sentence. The only part of the sentence that can stand on its own is, "the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Side note:

When I was a kid back in the early 70's, it was nothing for me an my buddies to walk with our rifles across town, and through the grade school playground, to get back to the river for some plinking fun. What has really changed in that amount of time is public perception, which is driven by a progressive media.

Last edited:

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    I was at Cannon AFB, New Mexico* in 1983 I saw a guy in town (Clovis) walk up to his truck strap, on a revolver and get in the truck, said to myself "I'm gonna love this state!"

* yes we have bases in 'NEW" Mexico it is a state! (you can ask my why I wrote that, though most INGO'ers will know it IS a state)

Last edited:

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    We all have a little paranoia about something. I can tell you if I saw a guy walking down the street with an AR and a 30 rounder inserted, looking left and right, wearing camos and face paint I'd be concerned. Sure he has the right but somebody also has the right to walk down the street with a 5 gallon can of gasoline in one hand and a lit flare in the other and that would freak me out too.

Harry2110

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Ive actually been thinking about doing this soon as idk of another way to carry a mosin from the store to my house or to the range down here by bike without flagging someone

Flyguy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Rural Franklin
    Where you from? Tombstone, Arizona in the 1880s?! LOL

Actually I think that it was illegal to carry a firearm in Tombstone at that time. I think that this was part of the "incident" at the OK Corral. Although there were hard feelings before hand and the people involved were ready to "settle up". :)

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Actually I think that it was illegal to carry a firearm in Tombstone at that time. I think that this was part of the "incident" at the OK Corral. Although there were hard feelings before hand and the people involved were ready to "settle up". :)
    Wasn't there a really bad gun cleaning accident and the Earps were blamed for it? Right after the shootings I imagine they all went back to their bible study group and prepared for their charity work the next day.:rolleyes:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Beat me to it

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    What is funny, is your complete misunderstanding of the 2nd Amendment. Please take some time to read this, and then let us all know why a permit or license should be required to carry any sort of firearm.

I don't think he's voicing an opposition to it, but rather, that in today's society of weak-hearted sheeple, it's funny to think that people haven't made a concerted effort to try and make carrying long guns illegal. In that regard, I agree.... BUT I think it's only because the typical anti-gunner doesnt know that we retain that right and most surely think it's illegal.

A 7.62 Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Shreveport, LA
    Its not illegal, but this could be you. Skip to 8.30 for popo stop
    [ame="http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUd_00Xrf_U&feature=channel_video_title"]http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUd_00Xrf_U&feature=channel_video_title[/ame]

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Jackson Hole Wyoming... I was a kid in the mid to late 70's. Seen a guy walking down the street with a 30-30 winchester over his shoulder and a cowboy hat. No spurs (as if they wouldnt have completed the get up). Guy was HUGE too 7 foot 40... I was in awe. My mom saw me looking at him and she noticed him too. I cant remember if he had a rig on his hip as well but the funny thing was he didnt go and jump on some big horse, he climbed into a Chevy LUV and put the gun up into the back window rack and drove away.

The truck kinda blew the whole cowboy image for me. Only time I ever saw a dude walking down the street with a long gun in his hands.

Wow, Jackson Hole!? Gotta ask, why would you leave such a beautiful place?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom