Is this just the beginning of rioting or will it subside?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Wendy’s apologized yesterday in what could best be described as an attempt to prevent wide-scale arson of the franchise.

So. Is every Wendy's franchise evil now and deserves to be burned because a person at this one franchise called the police because the drive-through was blocked by a black person sleeping in his car? It's Wendy's fault that the cop shot the black person? Is that it? If that's it, the adolescents are in charge of both finger pointing and apologies.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    So. Is every Wendy's franchise evil now and deserves to be burned because a person at this one franchise called the police because the drive-through was blocked by a black person sleeping in his car? It's Wendy's fault that the cop shot the black person? Is that it? If that's it, the adolescents are in charge of both finger pointing and apologies.

#ItzJustProperty

"They have insurance for that"

It's the 2020s version of the 1960s "sit-in." Civil disobedience. Nobody gets hurt (except when they do).

But, I will tell you this...I cannot wait until the next time some twit pontificates to me about how inner cities are "food deserts" vacated by corporate business.

#LetThemEatTwinkies

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    #ItzJustProperty

"They have insurance for that"

It's the 2020s version of the 1960s "sit-in." Civil disobedience. Nobody gets hurt (except when they do).

But, I will tell you this...I cannot wait until the next time some twit pontificates to me about how inner cities are "food deserts" vacated by corporate business.

#LetThemEatTwinkies

I've been saying much the same since the rioting first started.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

I saw the Wendy's dude's family lawyer making a statement saying that "a taser is not a deadly weapon." Funny, but weren't there just some other cops fired for deploying a taser on a black man in the last week or so? And wasn't their argument that it was indeed a deadly weapon? Or at least that's how it seemed to me that they were portraying it. :scratch: I guess it's only deadly if a cop is using it. If a citizen is using it against a cop, it's no biggie.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I saw the Wendy's dude's family lawyer making a statement saying that "a taser is not a deadly weapon." Funny, but weren't there just some other cops fired for deploying a taser on a black man in the last week or so? And wasn't their argument that it was indeed a deadly weapon? Or at least that's how it seemed to me that they were portraying it. :scratch: I guess it's only deadly if a cop is using it. If a citizen is using it against a cop, it's no biggie.

I've heard conflicting stories on the use of the taser in the Wendy's incident. I've heard that they guy shot at the officer with the taser, and I've heard that he just pointed the taser at the officer. I haven't heard which story is confirmed so I'll wait on that. But either way, it could be a justified shooting. Need more details.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I've heard conflicting stories on the use of the taser in the Wendy's incident. I've heard that they guy shot at the officer with the taser, and I've heard that he just pointed the taser at the officer. I haven't heard which story is confirmed so I'll wait on that. But either way, it could be a justified shooting. Need more details.

Does it really matter? Why would you point a weapon at someone? Obviously to use it. Whether you realize it wasnt capable of working (officer already discharged the cartridge on him I think) or not, its irrelevant. You dont point a weapon at someone unless you intend to use it.

Requiring that he had to pull the trigger for it to count would set a bar too high. Whats next? Bad guys have to actually fire the first shot before cops are allowed to return fire? What kind of backwards UN BS is that?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

From the video, it appeared to me that he did indeed fire the taser, but at the distance he was from the cop, I don't know how effective it would have been. Looked like he was probably out of range.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    The next step in pushing this chaos past the point of no return will be the random killing of white people in the suburbs by those saying that they are doing it for "justice".

I'm praying that this doesn't happen, but all of this seems a lot more organized than anything I remember from the 60s. It makes me think that there are truly evil, opportunistic people running it from behind the scenes.

Last edited:

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010

I'm OK with whatever level of lethality you want the taser to count as so long as it's consistent no matter who is holding the taser.

Is a taser lethal? Then there was no justification for the officer to use it.
    Is it non-lethal? Then there was no justification for the suspect to be shot.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Does it really matter? Why would you point a weapon at someone? Obviously to use it. Whether you realize it wasnt capable of working (officer already discharged the cartridge on him I think) or not, its irrelevant. You dont point a weapon at someone unless you intend to use it.

Requiring that he had to pull the trigger for it to count would set a bar too high. Whats next? Bad guys have to actually fire the first shot before cops are allowed to return fire? What kind of backwards UN BS is that?

It looks to me like the deceased did in fact fire the taser in the general direction of the officer, and it missed him.

After that cartridge was fired, he became an unarmed suspect who was running away. That's not a defensive-use-of-firearm situation. The had already patted him down, so they knew the taser was the only weapon, and that it was already unusable by the time shots were fired.

I don't envy police officers right now.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It looks to me like the deceased did in fact fire the taser in the general direction of the officer, and it missed him.

After that cartridge was fired, he became an unarmed suspect who was running away. That's not a defensive-use-of-firearm situation. The had already patted him down, so they knew the taser was the only weapon, and that it was already unusable by the time shots were fired.

I don't envy police officers right now.
    If it’s true that the guy was patted down, and he fired the taser and missed, at that point deadly force is off the table.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Wendy’s apologized yesterday in what could best be described as an attempt to prevent wide-scale arson of the franchise.

So the anger at Wendy’s is they called LEO to have the drunk dip :poop: removed. That’s Wendy’s total involvement here.
    The collective “Stupid” has reached Zenith me thinks.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The next step in pushing this chaos past the point of no return will be the random killing of white people in the suburbs by those saying that they are doing it for "justice".

I'm praying that this doesn't happen, but all of this seems a lot more organized than anything I remember from the 60s. It makes me think that there are truly evil, opportunistic people running it from behind the scenes.

Bingo

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Yeah. Makes no sense and creates a strong backlash against protesters.

This "cleansing" **** is out of hand.

Roof Korean wantads should be posted.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I'm OK with whatever level of lethality you want the taser to count as so long as it's consistent no matter who is holding the taser.

Is a taser lethal? Then there was no justification for the officer to use it.
    Is it non-lethal? Then there was no justification for the suspect to be shot.

It's neither. It is less lethal. Generally not lethal if used correctly, but can be lethal depending on the suspect's health status or its application. (ie: multiple cycles)

A baton is not a lethal weapon, unless you hit somebody over the head repeatedly with it. If an officer uses a baton when it is called for as an appropriate use of force, that's fine. If a suspect takes the baton and tries to strike the officer over the head, he legitimately deserves hollowpoints.

It's about the totality of the circumstances, not a simple "If A is A, then B is B" equation. This may require more thought than some people are used to.

Hoosierkav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    South of Indianapolis
    1. I thought a "food desert" meant a lack of fresh food ("good" food), not restaurants (you can't get a case of Ramen and PB&J at Wendy's).

2. From the video of the shooting, it looked like there was a second and a half between when the tazer was shot and when the gun was shot--plausible that the Officer was completing what he was reacting to? That his brain was finalizing what had been started when Mr. Brooks turned with an outstretched arm...?

Top Bottom