Is this just the beginning of rioting or will it subside?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    In CDL class A training, a point was made that if you can't stay within 15mph of the speed limit, your 4 ways need to be turned on.

I'm gonna go off topic for a sec, I held a Class A and it's previous equivalent for 35 years If you're on a highway or interstate and you're running under the speed limit you should have your flashers on to notify people coming up on your that you're traveling lower than the limit, it's not only common sense, it's a courtesy and a notification of traffic behind to to switch lanes.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    OK, so who SHOULD show up for a call of a guy trying to pass fake bills? (a crime)The Secret Service? Paramedics? Code enforcement? HOA president?

I think you misunderstood what I was saying. I wasn't saying they shouldn't have called the cops. I was saying the cops that answered this call should not have been cops. I'll back off on that for the two who were rookies, if that's true. But the other two should have known better.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    If they don't want to bother, then maybe it isn't worth investigating.

Except for decades the feds dont have enough boots on the ground to enforce every last federal law. And that is a good thing. I dont want to live in a country with federal agents around every corner ready to enforce every last potential slight that would put you in a PMITA prison at the drop of a hat. I want federal charges to be levied only after an egregious act.

Local LEO should be doing the busting, and if they happen to find something worthy of a federal charge, the feds can step in and take over. I'm 110% in favor of our current system. IF you are for more federal agents, I feel sorry for you.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Except for decades the feds dont have enough boots on the ground to enforce every last federal law. And that is a good thing. I dont want to live in a country with federal agents around every corner ready to enforce every last potential slight that would put you in a PMITA prison at the drop of a hat. I want federal charges to be levied only after an egregious act.

Local LEO should be doing the busting, and if they happen to find something worthy of a federal charge, the feds can step in and take over. I'm 110% in favor of our current system. IF you are for more federal agents, I feel sorry for you.

Oh jeez. Now your feeling sorry for the Feds. Let me get you a crying towel.

We fed billions of dollars to warlords in Afghanistan and who knows who in Iraq. Billions.

We deploy the FBI NSA and a number of other 3 letter organizations into focus on counterterrorism while other criminals run internet schemes, phishing operations, etc to steal from the underinformed or elderly.

So, don't tell me that the unit assigned responsibility for counterfeiting can't do the job they were established to do.

Statist my patootie.

You took a comment on a minor counterfeiting charge and seem to be justifying all subsequent acts.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

We fed billions of dollars to warlords in Afghanistan and who knows who in Iraq. Billions.

We deploy the FBI NSA and a number of other 3 letter organizations into focus on counterterrorism while other criminals run internet schemes, phishing operations, etc to steal from the underinformed or elderly.

So, don't tell me that the unit assigned responsibility for counterfeiting can't do the job they were established to do.

Statist my patootie.

Pretty much on point her my friend. How folks fail to see this (I know CMonkey personally and he is a stellar individual) sometimes make me go...….."WHAT".....:dunno:

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Just tuned into riot TV.

What's the high and low on what we think the rioters will do to Atlanta?

Well they're burning down a Wendy's for no other reason than that one of the chosen got shot after shooting at police.

[video=youtube;VjvOR5f06Ts]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjvOR5f06Ts&feature=emb_title[/video]

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    The Media does not want the rioting to subside. They will continue to spray gasoline on the flames. The one thing that they want even more than riots is someone to respond violently to the protesters/rioters. With fanning the flames for looting they are also hopeful of provoking a violent response to them. They want someone on the right to go after the so called protesters.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Just to sum up what happened in Atlanta:
    - Some guy passes out in Wendy's drive-thru, well before sundown
    - Someone calls the Police
    - Passed out guy comes to, resists, fights off the the Police, grabs Police Officer's Taser, flees
    - Now fleeing formerly passed out guy turns and fires Taser at pursuing Officer
    - Police Officer shoots guy who was passed out, resisted detainment, assaulted the Police, stole Taser, fled, fired stolen Taser at Police
    - By 2130 Wendy's fully engulfed in flames, other fires started, two MAJOR Interstates blocked by "protestors" (I think it's actually "criminals" at this point, two Interstates blocked, come on!)
    - Side note: Interstate blockers in the pic I saw were skinny white hipster-looking kids
    - Police Chief resigned, Officer was fired, Mayor is on the short-list for Crazy Uncle Joe's VP

That about it?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

Statist my patootie.

You took a comment on a minor counterfeiting charge and seem to be justifying all subsequent acts.

Pretty much on point her my friend. How folks fail to see this (I know CMonkey personally and he is a stellar individual) sometimes make me go...….."WHAT".....:dunno:

Read that quote again carefully, I think you are reading way more into it. Or maybe I misread your comment? Maybe I need to clarify.

Alpo responded as if the federal agency responsible for counterfeiting (Secret Service) was concerned about it, they would have more boots on the ground to bust people for it. Even at this level. Because the cop should have been busting REAL bad guys, not doing the SS's job busting a guy passing one counterfeit bill.

Bad idea. More govt is bad. Especially federal level LEO. Back in the day, those were the Brown Shirts as I recall. And we saw how THAT turned out.

Make sense now?

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    - Passed out guy comes to, {police and driver have peaceful/professional interaction with breathalyzer and everything going smoothly until time for arrest/cuffs} resists, fights off the the Police, grabs Police Officer's Taser, flees
    - Police Officer shoots guy who was passed out, resisted detainment, assaulted the Police, stole Taser, fled, fired stolen Taser at Police
    - By 2130 Wendy's fully engulfed in flames, other fires started, two MAJOR Interstates blocked by "protestors" (I think it's actually "criminals" at this point, two Interstates blocked, come on!)
    - Side note: Interstate blockers in the pic I saw were skinny white hipster-looking kids
    - Police Chief resigned, Officer was fired, Mayor is on the short-list for Crazy Uncle Joe's VP

That about it?

Added a few details from the TV coverage I saw.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Read that quote again carefully, I think you are reading way more into it. Or maybe I misread your comment? Maybe I need to clarify.

Alpo responded as if the federal agency responsible for counterfeiting (Secret Service) was concerned about it, they would have more boots on the ground to bust people for it. Even at this level. Because the cop should have been busting REAL bad guys, not doing the SS's job busting a guy passing one counterfeit bill.

Bad idea. More govt is bad. Especially federal level LEO. Back in the day, those were the Brown Shirts as I recall. And we saw how THAT turned out.

Make sense now?

Nah. It's a matter of resource allocation. Having a local guy involved in arresting a guy on a $20 counterfeit pass is a use of local police time, so some other crime matter will be deferred or forgotten. If it was important for the Feds to arrest a $20 pass, then the Feds should do it. We know that they would be looking at the upstream transaction...if they bother to look at all.

It isn't a matter of more boots on the ground. Local cops or Feds. Same number of folks (probably).

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Pretty sure the attempted use of any fraudulent instrument, including counterfeit money, would be the state crime of attempted theft or some variation of attempted theft in most jurisdictions. So if Minneapolis PD would normally respond to something like a shoplifting, then yes, they absolutely are responsible for investigating an attempted theft through counterfeit currency. The possession of the counterfeit currency and where the suspect got it is a matter for the Secret Service, if they are inclined to investigate that part of the offense. They don't care about the actual attempted theft, which is a state matter.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Pretty sure the attempted use of any fraudulent instrument, including counterfeit money, would be the state crime of attempted theft or some variation of attempted theft in most jurisdictions. So if Minneapolis PD would normally respond to something like a shoplifting, then yes, they absolutely are responsible for investigating an attempted theft through counterfeit currency. The possession of the counterfeit currency and where the suspect got it is a matter for the Secret Service, if they are inclined to investigate that part of the offense. They don't care about the actual attempted theft, which is a state matter.

It is the merchant that gets jacked over when given counterfeit money. Takes his deposit to the bank, bank detects counterfeit, reduces deposit by $20. No different than reaching over the counter and snatching a $20 out of the cash register.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    The concept of counterfeit Federal Reserve Notes always gives me a belly laugh.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    - Passed out guy comes to, resists, fights off the the Police, grabs Police Officer's Taser, flees

That about it?

Yeah we are screwed.

Top Bottom