• Total voters

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    At this point, not betraying your voters every chance you get would be hardball.
    Sadly, you're not wrong. There are all kinds of videos on youtube of Republicans grilling administration officials and it's just theater. They do that **** and then some of them vote with Democrats on legislation that might be a great payday for them but at our expense.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    I think one of the major issues is that even when the Republicans have a majority and a mandate they fail to act. Most of the issue has always been that the elected Republicans are give them a mile and they take an inch types. (Insert more train analogies here)
    Because most of them are actually the same as democrats. They are so weak, they are afraid to be blamed for making a bad decision.

Lmo1131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2020
    east of the Pacific
    In 3,200 B.C., as the Eygptian government disintegrated into multiple, rival factions, Pharoah moved his capitol city from Memphis, to Thebes in an attempt to regain control of his realm.

5,224 years later Washington D.C. needs to be abandoned for the same reason, and the U.S. capitol moved to somewhere near the Geographical Denter of the United States. But as it occurs, that happens to fall in the Toyoto Factory parking lot south of Princeton, Indiana. Maybe that isn't central enough... The Mean Center of Population in the U.S. now falls in Hartville, Missouri. That sounds better...

1718476303147.png

I propose that the business of the government be conducted utilizing all those leftover mobile homes (purchased by FEMA for hurricane Kathrina (I'm sure there are still hundreds of them sitting in fields somewhere), another source would be converting shipping containers (so popular now for mini-homes)...

1718476832872.png

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Because most of them are actually the same as democrats. They are so weak, they are afraid to be blamed for making a bad decision.
    I think it is worse than that, I think they have no convictions beyond they want to keep their cushy job and make bank. They don't do anything even slightly risky to their possibility of re-election

The democrats often actually do better in this area, being willing to burn down their election chances to make 'gains' now - believing (rightfully so) that some or all of those gains will stick and putting another click on the ratchet. Many dems are true believers, many repubs just believe they need to grow their bank accounts

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    In 3,200 B.C., as the Eygptian government disintegrated into multiple, rival factions, Pharoah moved his capitol city from Memphis, to Thebes in an attempt to regain control of his realm.

5,224 years later Washington D.C. needs to be abandoned for the same reason, and the U.S. capitol moved to somewhere near the Geographical Denter of the United States. But as it occurs, that happens to fall in the Toyoto Factory parking lot south of Princeton, Indiana. Maybe that isn't central enough... The Mean Center of Population in the U.S. now falls in Hartville, Missouri. That sounds better...

View attachment 359416

I propose that the business of the government be conducted utilizing all those leftover mobile homes (purchased by FEMA for hurricane Kathrina (I'm sure there are still hundreds of them sitting in fields somewhere), another source would be converting shipping containers (so popular now for mini-homes)...

View attachment 359426
    The geographical center of the US is near Lebanon, KS. Did you mean the population center of the US is in that Toyo plant parking lot?

Lmo1131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2020
    east of the Pacific

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Sadly, you're not wrong. There are all kinds of videos on youtube of Republicans grilling administration officials and it's just theater.
    What other constitutional options do they have than exposing the truth to the people?

They do that **** and then some of them vote with Democrats on legislation that might be a great payday for them but at our expense.
    Are repubs a monolith?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    What other constitutional options do they have than exposing the truth to the people?

Are repubs a monolith?
    Are we talking about congress critters? I'm guessing around 90% lying ********ers. So not completely a monolith. But ***damn close to it. Even those who claim to be AF, have some CoC'ery in their records.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    The geographical center of the US is near Lebanon, KS. Did you mean the population center of the US is in that Toyo plant parking lot?
    That question has me wondering if it would be possible to find the politically ideological center of the US, and if so, I wonder where that would be?

Top Bottom