• Is The Left/Right Divide Bridgeable?

• Total voters

XDdreams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 12, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I can't shake the feeling that when the cameras are off the repubs and dems are shaking hands and laughing their ways to the bank at our (the peoples) expense. That it's all a performance.

Looking to politics in the present day to save anything, I believe is a fools errand.

There's never going to be common ground in the extremes. That's the nature of extremism. But the majority of folks that I am around daily are what I would consider middle of the road. They have some liberal ideals and some conservative ideals (even if they don't realize it). There is common ground to be had with more people than not.

The politicians want to sew divide on purpose to further entrench the extremes and make the majority of people in the middle think they have to pick a side. They play on our innate need to belong.

The elite, both repubs and dems are a club that "we the people" aren't welcome in. We are given the illusion of choice through voting. Some years repubs win and their "base" is appeased, others dems win and their "base" gets a taste of what they want. Back and forth, back and forth we go... thinking that if only we can get our person voted in that the things we believe and want will get back to normal or better.

All the while the politicians as a whole gain more power & wealth and oppress the people more and more as they collectively give us the finger from their ivory tower. They push the extremes further and further away from one another and continuing to force the middle majority to choose a side.

I don't like being a pawn in their game. Why do we need to keep playing their game?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'd say for one bring back the House Un-American Activities Committee.
    What's wrong with Mexican food? :):
    Also all red states enforce the laws on the books to maximum penalties on violent crime.
    That would be a start.
    Betcha Hoosier general assembly and governor don't have the balls.

I'd go so far as to say, in terms of immigration, red states should have the legal authority to forbid people living in the US illegally, from living in their state.

But, until the ruling that illegals have to be counted for representative and electoral apportionment, that policy would favor blue states.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Lawfare, house committee investigations with serious repercussions, protest at the Democrat homes....title for tat!
    No to lawfare. as I said elsewhere I don't even think it's possible for Trump. I want to see investigations. I don't want to see sham investigations. But given how Republicans do it, it's all show and no go. They all scold libs for youtube clips they can show to their constituents.

I don't even think Republicans can pull off protesting at democrat homes.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    No to lawfare. as I said elsewhere I don't even think it's possible for Trump. I want to see investigations. I don't want to see sham investigations. But given how Republicans do it, it's all show and no go. They all scold libs for youtube clips they can show to their constituents.

I don't even think Republicans can pull off protesting at democrat homes.

Sure we can, but it requires growing as much of a spine as the average limp wrist college student.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    How would we know if it’s never been done before?

Besides, would be neat to see these assholes get a taste of their own medicine.
    I don’t think it benefitted progressives’ cause any. It just gave them the satisfaction of doing it while turning off everyone who’s not indoctrinated. Waste of time for feels. Leave that nonsense for the progressives.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    What does protesting at Supreme Court Justices homes do?
    What does protesting at Ted Cruz home do.
    They intimidate! It's an attempt to sway they way they make decisions.
    Did it work? You think you'll sway decisions clowns make? If you want to sway the way leaders make decisions, get loads of people to camp out at your feckless representatives' homes and chant the names of the candidates you're gonna replace them with. Probably not gonna work either, but at least your anger is directed towards the side you have a chance of changing.

Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold
    Did it work? You think you'll sway decisions clowns make? If you want to sway the way leaders make decisions, get loads of people to camp out at your feckless representatives' homes and chant the names of the candidates you're gonna replace them with. Probably not gonna work either, but at least your anger is directed towards the side you have a chance of changing.
    Supreme Court Justice Robert's sure looks like he's been intimidated , bribed or threatened

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Will lying back and taking it accomplish anything more? That's already been tried, nothing to lose (at least for those unafraid to rock the boat) by trying something different

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I don’t think it benefitted progressives’ cause any. It just gave them the satisfaction of doing it while turning off everyone who’s not indoctrinated. Waste of time for feels. Leave that nonsense for the progressives.
    Ok. Better vote even harder this time, then.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Will lying back and taking it accomplish anything more? That's already been tried, nothing to lose (at least for those unafraid to rock the boat) by trying something different
    Who said anything about lying back and taking it?

Top Bottom