Is "The Great Reset" a conspiracy theory or something else?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    You're the one who got the brush out. You lumped them in as having the same thinking. I just said that I'm not inexperienced on your side of the divide. I understand the Christian worldview. I lived in it for many decades, and I've lived as a non-believer for a couple. So I understand both perspectives. It looks to me like you're taking offense because you think I'm saying I know what YOU are thinking. That's not what I was saying. I know what you believe as a Christian by your denomination. Your denomination is a label for what you believe. You could be a Calvinist, dispensationalist, pre-trib, Reformed Baptist, and from that I would know a lot about what you think about specific topics. The labels describe you beliefs about things. If you're one of those, I have a pretty good idea what you believe about the sovereignty of God, the division of periods in which God manifests himself to people, what you think about the Rapture, and what you might think of being dunking vs sprinkling, maybe even thoughts about Revelation, etcetera.

REPRESENT! :rockwoot:

(that's all I got, still working on my :coffee:)

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    As witnessed by the intents for the reset, understanding God's word is oh so very precious.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Let's bring this back around to where it started...

Kind of wondering why you felt 131 was addressed to you (if you didn't, jumping in to make a point is still legit with me) and why you left 134 out of your little retrospective, since it strikes at the heart of my complaint with you - that your estimation of your own a relative to depth of knowledge and disinterested fairness is perhaps a bit optimistic

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Kind of wondering why you felt 131 was addressed to you (if you didn't, jumping in to make a point is still legit with me) and why you left 134 out of your little retrospective, since it strikes at the heart of my complaint with you - that your estimation of your own a relative to depth of knowledge and disinterested fairness is perhaps a bit optimistic

It looks to me like it was addressed to believers, because you were talking about how "unfortunate" it is for unbelievers. So I didn't think you were addressing me specifically. But I replied to it because I am in the set of "unfortunate" unbelievers. I'm within internet forum rules of engagement to have an opinion about it.

Don't infer anything about me not including 134. It was unnecessary to quote the whole conversation stream. I think I addressed the heart of your complaint in 139. But we can rehash it if you'd like. Whatever you label yourself as, I would hope that you could say what the people who call themselves that think about it. You don't appear to know much about what non-believers think, because you claimed they think things they don't think. And it's not like wearing the "Christian" label makes Christians behave like they believe it. I've known many self-professing Christians who act like there is no accountability for what they do in this life. That's not an atheist/agnostic thing. It's a human condition thing.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I prefer not to bring religion into these conversations, but if you guys insist, I guess we'll just have at it. I'd rather not. There are religious threads for that. Now, if you want to start a "Religious discussion about the Reset" go for it and I'll stay out of it.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    As witnessed by the intents for the reset, understanding God's word is oh so very precious.

Which version of which words from which version of which god?

Should we be reading Asatru, the red and green volumes, king james, Quran, the two dude ching, the book of Kells, the tripitaka, the watch tower, the two towers, book of amun-ra, should we read of juju king of the mountain, the vedas, the avesta and which version, which translation which part exactly?

Perhaps we should consult rev Jim jones?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Which version of which words from which version of which god?

Should we be reading Asatru, the red and green volumes, king james, Quran, the two dude ching, the book of Kells, the tripitaka, the watch tower, the two towers, book of amun-ra, should we read of juju king of the mountain, the vedas, the avesta and which version, which translation which part exactly?

Perhaps we should consult rev Jim jones?

I was always a fan of Ra lore. Short name. And he's multi-purpose!

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Edit: I see I stumbled into the wrong thread so my comment was inappropriate. SORRY!

Last edited:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I came in here to see what people were saying about the election but I find I must have taken a wrong turn since it now seems to be about religion. INGO never disappoints. Now if someone would just being sex into the mix then we would have the trifecta of things you shouldn't discuss in public all in one thread. ;)
    This isn't even the election thread, it's the Reset thread. :laugh:

fullmetaljesus

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I came in here to see what people were saying about the election but I find I must have taken a wrong turn since it now seems to be about religion. INGO never disappoints. Now if someone would just being sex into the mix then we would have the trifecta of things you shouldn't discuss in public all in one thread. ;)

Can I touch on point you raise?

We are taught while we grow up that we should never talk about salary, religion, and politics. It's all taboo. Not allowed to talk about it. Can only talk religion at church but other than that mum's the word.

So. What happens is. No one learns how to talk about it.
    Religious people only talk to religious people they agree with which creates an echo chamber and sows disdain for others.

The same happens for politics. If you only chat with those your agree with the same result happens.

If we dot. Normalize the conversation about salary it only helps employers take advantage of employees. Then of course the social implications of one's worth vs their salary.

In this thread people attempted to talk about a ln economic topic. Foolish people worked to turn it into a thread about "my god said this is the sign of the end of days" and despite rejections of such silly concerns they continue to push their unrelated views.

ziggy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Fort Wayne area
    The National Review article about The Great Reset talked a lot about "stakeholder capitalism," a concept that has been around for a long time. (Stakeholder capitalism, i.e., the idea that businesses should be just as concerned about employees, suppliers, the community, the environment, etc. as with the interests of their shareholders.) The Great reset seems to me to have much more to do with government having totalitarian control over all people and businesses. Calling it stakeholder capitalism is just a warm and fuzzy way of concealing their real intentions.

The political aspect of this: Biden will likely work with the WEF to move toward their goals. Trump will not.
    The religious aspect of this: The true God is a God of freedom, not compulsion.
    And for you Slapstick, the sexual aspect of this: Everyone is in favor of sex...

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Can I touch on point you raise?

We are taught while we grow up that we should never talk about salary, religion, and politics. It's all taboo. Not allowed to talk about it. Can only talk religion at church but other than that mum's the word.

So. What happens is. No one learns how to talk about it.
    Religious people only talk to religious people they agree with which creates an echo chamber and sows disdain for others.

The same happens for politics. If you only chat with those your agree with the same result happens.

If we dot. Normalize the conversation about salary it only helps employers take advantage of employees. Then of course the social implications of one's worth vs their salary.

In this thread people attempted to talk about a ln economic topic. Foolish people worked to turn it into a thread about "my god said this is the sign of the end of days" and despite rejections of such silly concerns they continue to push their unrelated views.

So, maybe reread this and then talk to me about sowing disdain?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I prefer not to bring religion into these conversations, but if you guys insist, I guess we'll just have at it. I'd rather not. There are religious threads for that. Now, if you want to start a "Religious discussion about the Reset" go for it and I'll stay out of it.
    I'll second this.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    The National Review article about The Great Reset talked a lot about "stakeholder capitalism," a concept that has been around for a long time. (Stakeholder capitalism, i.e., the idea that businesses should be just as concerned about employees, suppliers, the community, the environment, etc. as with the interests of their shareholders.) The Great reset seems to me to have much more to do with government having totalitarian control over all people and businesses. Calling it stakeholder capitalism is just a warm and fuzzy way of concealing their real intentions.

The political aspect of this: Biden will likely work with the WEF to move toward their goals. Trump will not.
    The religious aspect of this: The true God is a God of freedom, not compulsion.
    And for you Slapstick, the sexual aspect of this: Everyone is in favor of sex...

I agree with the general thrust of the NR piece, that 'stakeholder capitalism' seems primarily designed to give the C-class in corporations more freedom of action without being tied to a strict and quantifiable metric such as increasing shareholder value. An example would be the ability to award oneself and ones cronies bonuses on such fuzzy metrics as 'increasing diversity' or 'climate action'

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Separate politics from religion? Politics is the acting out of cultural values derived from spiritual beliefs.
    This thread started off with "is the great reset a conspiracy theory or something else?" Turns out the great reset is really something else. It's what the bank bug was engineered for.
    It is a conspiracy; the people involved have provided overwhelming proof of that if anyone does their homework.
    And if somebody hasn't looked at those values motivating the conspirators, why wouldn't you seek to fathom why someone would do such a thing?
    The answer is fear, probably as my big brother would laugh and say, that there is none so blind as him what caint see nothin'.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I won't disagree that my brand of snark works to make me look like a hypocrite in the post you quoted.

Actually, didn't this all start much earlier than that, when I made an innocent inside joke with another believer that you required be explained and then felt the need to be critical of the reference and strut whatever version of unbelief you eschew?

Have you asked yourself why your need to be critical of belief is so visceral?

I'm as hypocritical as the next guy, but I'll never be mistaken for Saul or PaulF

fullmetaljesus

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Actually, didn't this all start much earlier than that, when I made an innocent inside joke with another believer that you required be explained and then felt the need to be critical of the reference and strut whatever version of unbelief you eschew?

Have you asked yourself why your need to be critical of belief is so visceral?

I'm as hypocritical as the next guy, but I'll never be mistaken for Saul or PaulF

Went back and re-read my previous comments in regards to religion being involved hand in hand with the idea of a reset. You're premise is still a great stretch at best.

It would be just as likely for Klaatu to show up on the front lawn of the white house.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom