Is "The Great Reset" a conspiracy theory or something else?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    That's essentially Pascal's wager. And that same wager would be the same proposition for all religions.

It's a stupid wager, though

You can't attain salvation by pretending to follow Christ

You can't attain enlightenment by pretending to walk the path

Given an omniscient being, how does one intend to fool him

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It's a stupid wager, though

You can't attain salvation by pretending to follow Christ

You can't attain enlightenment by pretending to walk the path

Given an omniscient being, how does one intend to fool him

That's another fallacy, an assumption that God would accept inauthentic belief.

While it's not valid, it is a good thought exercise, and it helped advanced decision theory.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    This is to the point now where the attacks against the financial structures of the west are documented to have been forecast by governments and non-governmental sources, their purposes explained and attacks thereafter observed by the world at large. We have their plans and God told us how it turns out. Being taken by surprise wouldn't make much sense.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Good article.

Golly gosh, how long until we can watch [STRIKE]rollerball[/STRIKE][hunger] games?
    :popcorn:

*.*

Did you read the part about how the enviromentalist thinks we can make biomass energy part of the solution by you eating less meat so more farmland can be converted to efficient varieties of biomass. What do you think the possibilityis that the Davos class will be required restrict their diets?

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    They really do like to show you what they're going to do.
    Some people think it's a belief in karma.
    I think it's an intentional perverting of Ezekiel 33.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    *.*

Did you read the part about how the enviromentalist thinks we can make biomass energy part of the solution by you eating less meat so more farmland can be converted to efficient varieties of biomass. What do you think the possibilityis that the Davos class will be required restrict their diets?

More likely that their soylent will be green.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Unfortunately (for them) the unbelievers feel that there is only the battle for promenance during life and then all ends. They believe if they accumulate sufficient power they will never be held to account and thus can do what they wilt

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Unfortunately (for them) the unbelievers feel that there is only the battle for promenance during life and then all ends. They believe if they accumulate sufficient power they will never be held to account and thus can do what they wilt

Everybody always sayin' what other people must believe. :rolleyes:

Having been a Christian at least I can know pretty closely what you believe, depending on your denomination. But you have to infer what I believe from an incomplete understanding.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Having been a Christian at least I can know pretty closely what you believe, depending on your denomination. But you have to infer what I believe from an incomplete understanding.

That is a baseless conceit, which can be wrong in two ways

One, which I do not ascribe to, is that you are just as much of an open book as you feel I am, and the depths you perceive to your motivations are an illusion

The other, which I do ascribe to, is no man can truly know another, and while I can somewhat predict behavior when the stakes are low it is foolish to believe you can know how someone will truly act in the breech

Johnny C

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Solsberry , In
    I spent I dunno. Maybe 20 or more years studying scripture. Doesn't mention the new world order. But was not a shortage then, nor is there a shortage now, of people wanting to read every current event into some parts of scripture. They've been doing that to "predict" all kinds of things. And they keep being wrong. Do you know why that is? I know why that is.

I know why that is... because it has already been fulfilled. Revelation was talking about the demise of the old Jewish system, not the world as we know the world.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    That is a baseless conceit, which can be wrong in two ways

One, which I do not ascribe to, is that you are just as much of an open book as you feel I am, and the depths you perceive to your motivations are an illusion

The other, which I do ascribe to, is no man can truly know another, and while I can somewhat predict behavior when the stakes are low it is foolish to believe you can know how someone will truly act in the breech

Yet you confidently proclaimed what non-believers think.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    I know why that is... because it has already been fulfilled. Revelation was talking about the demise of the old Jewish system, not the world as we know the world.

Dadgummit you mean to say I missed the two witnesses laying there dead, for days?
    Well shoot, reckon that's what I get for not watching the TV.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Let's bring this back around to where it started.

I saw it as you painting believers as shallow and predictable while claiming depth and subtlety to your own erudition ithat is just not that in evidence. Pure hubris, IMO

You're the one who got the brush out. You lumped them in as having the same thinking. I just said that I'm not inexperienced on your side of the divide. I understand the Christian worldview. I lived in it for many decades, and I've lived as a non-believer for a couple. So I understand both perspectives. It looks to me like you're taking offense because you think I'm saying I know what YOU are thinking. That's not what I was saying. I know what you believe as a Christian by your denomination. Your denomination is a label for what you believe. You could be a Calvinist, dispensationalist, pre-trib, Reformed Baptist, and from that I would know a lot about what you think about specific topics. The labels describe you beliefs about things. If you're one of those, I have a pretty good idea what you believe about the sovereignty of God, the division of periods in which God manifests himself to people, what you think about the Rapture, and what you might think of being dunking vs sprinkling, maybe even thoughts about Revelation, etcetera.

But I also know what you think the life of a Christian is supposed to be, because there isn't a lot of difference, depending on your denomination. If you're Catholic or Orthodox, you'll have a bit of a different perspective about the mechanisms of salvation than if you're a Protestant. THAT's what I was talking about. I wasn't saying I could read your mind. I was simply saying that a former Christian who's had some experience knowing the beliefs is in a better position to talk about that than a Christian with maybe zero experience not believing, could know about a non-believer. That shouldn't be controversial.

The point I made was that all you know about the person is that they don't believe in God or Christianity, and you spoke as if you can infer from that what every poor, unfortunate, non-believer, must think about what life is about. The feigned pity for non-believers, I think, exemplifies hubris more than knowing what you think about specific topics given your denominational labels. I'm not saying any of this to insult you. I'm trying to tell you that your thesis about what "unbelievers" think is not well founded. There is nothing in my body of posts from which you could extrapolate that I think there is only the battle for prominence during life and then all ends, or that if I accumulate sufficient power I would never be held to account, or can do whatever I wilt. No doubt, some unbelievers think that. And in my experience, some Christians do too. A lot of stuffy suit wearing, back-pew sitting, surveying the congregation, noting all their faults and impiety on Sunday, and then they **** you as hard as they can during the week in their business lives. It's just business.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Sure. Some Christians think that. Some think all is yet to be fulfilled. Some think some has been fulfilled, some is yet to be fulfilled. Some think it's not even prophecy, that it's just symbolism. Some think it's the ramblings of a crazy man living what's left of his life isolated in prison.

Top Bottom