• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gatorindy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 2, 2009
    Wow

Ive been watching gun broker. AR prices are coming back down but still high. At least until the greatest firearms salesman of all time opens his mouth! I guessing we will see 3500 Rick rivers before its over. We should haves contest to see who can guess the highest price on an standard rock river entry tactical between now and July 4th. Closest without going over wins

MCrupe

Plinker
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Kendallville
    As far as I can tell it is a supply thing. I have been looking and all I can seem to find is way over priced private sellers. Most of the gun shops i have visited are sold out and are not sure when they will be receiving more inventory. one store went as far as pulling their ads in store and online.

gunner69

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Anderson
    Its just a break in the storm. Like its been said the supply being low is the biggest cause of the craziness slowing down. Once the supply catches back up, whenever that happens, the buying will resume. It will most likely be a roller coaster ride for supply and demand as long as gun rights are being threatened at the level they are currently.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Some have said that the buying craze has began to decline. However I seem to think that the perceived decline isnt from people buying their fill of possibly-soon-to-be-illegal firearms/accessories, but simply due to the fact there is nothing left available to buy. What do you all think?
    I think its a little of both, I believe the "buy any AR at any price and all the ammo for it I can get, and P-mags to the limits of my credit card and cash" is pretty well over. I do think the prices will remain "high" by 20% to 30% for two or three more months. I also think HC mags will do the same. I do see some return of sanity signs when searching the web. A limited supply of certain AR Uppers, barrels are listed as "in stock". Some .223, 9mm and .308 ammo is showing as in stock (although still higher priced than before the shooting). At the last GS (Lebanon -last week), a lot of over priced P-mags were on the tables ($30-$40 ea.). A lot better than the previous GS's since the shooting. It's hard to say what the "new normal" price of HC mags and AR's will be. IMHO I think they will settle in at about 15% to 25% higher than the pre-panic price. I think they will stay there until the "Gun control" crowd either gets shot down in the House or some type of new regulations are passed. Then its anyone's guess.

BroodXI

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Salem
    these guys seem to be getting stuff in. i haven't been there yet but may just have to visit. hoping their facebook page is correct.
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Guns-Knives-More-LLC/158102914253629

for those without FB:
    "The inventory and all is over, we just got back from placing right at a 2 million dollar order for this year with our number 1 supplier. I have on order over 6000 Ar's, Ak's of every brand except for the ones walmart handles. Bulk ammo, Magazines, hard to get shotguns, rifles, pistols and so on. These guns will start comming in this month if you want an Ar or Ak I will be starting a list for you to sign, come in tell us the gun you want and when it comes in it is yours. When you buy a gun you can also buy 5 mags at normal price of 15.99 to 24.99. Don't bother asking for a price on the guns. They will be at normal retail price they had before this gun grab. When we call you to pick your gun up you will have 2 days to pick it up or your name gets removed."

Indy60

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Central IN
    these guys seem to be getting stuff in. i haven't been there yet but may just have to visit. hoping their facebook page is correct.

for those without FB:
    "The inventory and all is over, we just got back from placing right at a 2 million dollar order for this year with our number 1 supplier. I have on order over 6000 Ar's, Ak's of every brand except for the ones walmart handles. Bulk ammo, Magazines, hard to get shotguns, rifles, pistols and so on. These guns will start comming in this month if you want an Ar or Ak I will be starting a list for you to sign, come in tell us the gun you want and when it comes in it is yours. When you buy a gun you can also buy 5 mags at normal price of 15.99 to 24.99. Don't bother asking for a price on the guns. They will be at normal retail price they had before this gun grab. When we call you to pick your gun up you will have 2 days to pick it up or your name gets removed."

Is this Guns-Knives-More in Paoli ?

BroodXI

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Salem
    yea. guy i work with lives over there, and talks about them. he says paoli isn't that far away but it seems like a whole nother world to me.

wolfy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2012
    not even close. it is only because stores are sold out and they wont take special orders.
    I been trying to special order a couple of flat top AR's and they wont take my order.

silverspoon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Bloomfield

for those without FB:

Is this Guns-Knives-More in Paoli ?

yea. guy i work with lives over there, and talks about them. he says paoli isn't that far away but it seems like a whole nother world to me.

The Saturday after the Connecticut tragedy they had PMags for 14.99. Two days later those same PMags was 29.99 for the first, second for 39.99, the third for 49.99 etc. Each mag sent the price up 10 bucks. I'm all for business owners making money, in fact if he's making money that's a good thing, but if he's making money on the first mag he's robbing you blind on every mag after that. Not even sure where he would put 6000 firearms.... Y'all can draw your own conclusions.

Sajer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    I work at midwest on the weekends and called the guys today to check out a few things and they said it was dead slow the last couple of days.

With inflated prices, limited selection, and no money most people are opting out.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county

for those without FB:

I feel sorry for anyone who believes that FB post. :rolleyes:

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    Some have said that the buying craze has began to decline. However I seem to think that the perceived decline isnt from people buying their fill of possibly-soon-to-be-illegal firearms/accessories, but simply due to the fact there is nothing left available to buy. What do you all think?

Yes, it is. I stopped by walmart today, they had Federal 9mm in the case, 11 boxes. Guy said 2 cases came in yesterday, and he still had one in back. NO, I didn't buy them all. I bought 5 boxes. ;) So if walmart had 40 boxes for over 24 hours, yes, things are slowing down. ;)

Btw, it did go up $1 to 13.97.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Yep, I think the slowdown is a supply issue, not a demand issue.

Yep. This week, we finally turned the corner where lack of product on the racks has begun to affect our bottom line. The demand is certainly still there, as almost every gun that gets put out gets sold quickly. Had a guy walk in on Wednesday and sell us an AK; the guy who walked in the door behind him bought it from us as soon as we priced it.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    If Obama really decides to go ahead with the executive order route regarding gun control, I fear the buying panic has only just begun.

Top Bottom