• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 10Forward

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Greenfield
    I think it's more of a supply issue...I have more than one friend with cash to spend, that cannot find what they are wanting to buy.
    Heck, I'm having problems finding even a 100 rd box 9mm WWB or American Eagle - everywhere I've stopped, it's been empty shelves.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    I think it's more of a supply issue...I have more than one friend with cash to spend, that cannot find what they are wanting to buy.
    Heck, I'm having problems finding even a 100 rd box 9mm WWB or American Eagle - everywhere I've stopped, it's been empty shelves.

Read post 38.

Yodes

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Noble County
    I bought myself a .308 rifle and my wife a 9mm handgun so I visited a local Dunhams store January 1 to buy 9mm hollow points. It looked like the place had been robbed of ammo. Very little handgun ammo. About 5 boxes of 9mm, 2 or 3 were 20-round high price self-defense. I bought one 50-round box of Remington hollow points. Plenty of Remington 30-06 ammo on shelf. Looked like people were preparing for a war or siege.

Ordered 2 50-round Magtech M80 .308 ball ammo at PSA on line at $32.99 each, checked two days later and they were sold out. Walmart had 8 boxes of Winchester .308 and I bought 6 at about $18.50 apiece.

I'm don't think I'm panic buying, I'm stocking up on reasonably priced ammo for weapons recently purchased.

Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    The run on guns and ammo has been fueled by ignorance and lack of intellectual fortitude. Fortunately, by-and-large, those people are the ones with the least money. Yes, the nonsense is ebbing. It has nothing to do with supply. Anyone in the market for a rifle, or to stock a large quantity of ammo, is an idiot if they try to do so now. By April, it will be obvious that the House will not support any ban legislation and all of this nonsense will end. Prices by late April will be at or below where they were on December 14th.

Just wait and let the idiots finish spending what little money they have.

TWS

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Ferdinand
    I hope so, I think I've got brain cancer from starring at a computer screen! I knew I hit rock bottom when I picked up my phone and tried to check ingo goin down the road! Thank god I caught myself. Its the addiction of finding the deal I think.

BroodXI

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Salem
    The Saturday after the Connecticut tragedy they had PMags for 14.99. Two days later those same PMags was 29.99 for the first, second for 39.99, the third for 49.99 etc. Each mag sent the price up 10 bucks. I'm all for business owners making money, in fact if he's making money that's a good thing, but if he's making money on the first mag he's robbing you blind on every mag after that. Not even sure where he would put 6000 firearms.... Y'all can draw your own conclusions.

from what i heard, and take it for what it's worth as it is just hearsay... supposedly the difference in each subsequent mag purchase went to the NRA. I've never been there, i don't know any of the employees nor the owner. I'm assuming silverspoon knows of the shop? if so what do you think of it? is it worth a visit?

digitalphoenix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2012
    In a cornfield.
    Then you haven't been paying attention, and posts like yours are adding to the problem. :rolleyes:

Yeah, if he did make an executive order to ban semi autos and high-capacity mag clips immediately, the NRA, GOA, Supreme Court, congresspeople, and us would immediately challenge it. :dunno: There would be an uprising if no one didn't care to stop it, though.

Bollorollo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Well there is nothing left to buy which might be on the ban list other then a 1100.00 Mosin so yes you will see a big slow down in the buying spree.

silverspoon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Bloomfield
    from what i heard, and take it for what it's worth as it is just hearsay... supposedly the difference in each subsequent mag purchase went to the NRA. I've never been there, i don't know any of the employees nor the owner. I'm assuming silverspoon knows of the shop? if so what do you think of it? is it worth a visit?

For a town the size of Paoli it's really a nice little shop. I haven't been in there since the mag fiasco so I don't know what kind of stock he's got now. Even it that money did go to the NRA if I wanted to donate {which I do but thats beside the point} I can write a check and stick it in the mail myself, I don't really need need a gun shop to bend me over a barrel and anally force a donation. Now the 6000 gun thing really has me questioning other things. Just think about the pure logistics of 6000 guns. Dunno if you've ever been to Bradis Guns or not but they have tons of sales people and when they got stock they are flat selling guns and I'm not sure they sell 6000 guns a year... If a shop is open 60 hours a week that's 3120?? hours a year. That's selling close to two guns an hour without fail every single hour they are open. Think about the logistics of all that then visit the Paoli store and draw your own conclusions. I'm a travelling repairman and I travel all over the state of Indiana and if I see a gun shop I'll stop and check it out. I just used Bradis as an example, there's a couple other shops I've been in that flat sell guns but I'm not sure any of them move 6000 firearms a year. If they do that's probably pushing it. There's a little growing room for a shop in Paoli to move than many guns.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom