• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • karl77

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 12, 2012
    Calumet township/Lake County
    about the only things I see happening in the "near" future are: limited capacity magazines, must keep record of all FTF gun sales in bound book, age restriction on buying long arms to 21 (from 18). The most likely to pan out is the "class 4" act, putting auto-loading long-arms on the list with a federal waiting period and tax.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    problem is with over 930 EO's created by obama im afraid hell do it with this too.

thats a hell of alot lower than the list i saw. just saying.

Yeah, I've seen that email too. I'm not sure why people get a piece of chain spam mail and believe it like when their mommy said they were handsome and could be anything they wanted. It is easy enough to research. It is bad enough when people won't research something before talking about it but there have been people that have gotten annoyed when the EO list is posted because they say that they researched it and they think those pointing it out are lying. Simply blows my mind.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    Yeah, I've seen that email too. I'm not sure why people get a piece of chain spam mail and believe it like when their mommy said they were handsome and could be anything they wanted. It is easy enough to research. It is bad enough when people won't research something before talking about it but there have been people that have gotten annoyed when the EO list is posted because they say that they researched it and they think those pointing it out are lying. Simply blows my mind.

there are plenty of truthful things to debate no matter what your politics, theres no need to make stuff up

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    There are those who say "A ban will never happen"..."The politicians know what a hot potato this is and will not touch it because they want to be re-elected"..."The senate and the house have not even voted on anything yet". And they are right.

But that is the crux of the problem. The average citizen has seen how our government has hurt small businesses and individuals with out of control regulations. Regulations, taxes and fees that have not been voted on by the senate or house. But from the EPA, OSHA, NLRB and a half dozen other acronym government organizations. These regulations, taxes and fees have change the business world, but were not voted on. The same people who are panic buying right now believe that gun control will be enacted through these same means. Regulations, taxes and fees will be used to limit access and increase the cost of firearm ownership. No voting needed.

The government could used regulations to stop the import of all firearms and ammunition. Unless your law enforcement of course. That means no Glock, CZ, Beretta, Benelli, Armscor, Walther, Izhmash, Steyr, Tanfoglio, Sig Sauer, Uberti, Aguila ammo, Bear / Wolf / Tula ammo, Fiocchi ammo, PMC ammo, Prvi Partizan ammo, Sellier & Bellot ammo. And they won't outright ban these items...that would probably take a vote from congress. No...they will simply make it financially impossible to import. Just like our wonderful 922r rule, they could make a rule that 90% of the materials in any product needs to be produced and manufactured here in the USA. That sounds like you are supporting the US...right? Now what do you think would happen to the industry if that happened. There is no way for a foreign product to have 90% American components. They might as well build in the US. However, it would probably take several decades for US manufacturing to increase enough to supply for the demand.

They could use those other acronym departments to enact fees and taxes that would make firearm ownership prohibitive. Just like Chicago's "violence fee" and "ammunition fee" that was proposed. What if the ATF said there is now a $500 fee for every firearm purchased and a $2,000 fee for items like suppressors, SBR's and the like. And every round of ammunition would have a $.50 fee to help cover the cost of health care for shooting victims. Again, that sounds like you are helping hurt people...right? Nope...you have made firearm ownership difficult at best and financially impossible for most Americans.

People are panic buying because they know that more than ever our government is being run using the process of fiat and our congress has been routinely bypassed on significant issues. Because we have seen this happen so many times in the past 12 years, people fully expect to see it happen again. People expect congress to be bypassed and acronym agencies to restrict or remove our rights.

Think about it, most people who are buying will admit that there is no bills that are close to being enacted by our congress...and yet they fear their government taking their rights away. How else could a government do that other than what I expressed above??? People may not be able to vocalize what is driving their fear, but I am convinced beyond a shadow of doubt this is what is happening in the psyche of these panic buyers.

No votes or bills need to be won or voted over. It's rule by fiat that will be the 2nd Amendment and eventually our countries downfall. The only way we can stop it is through future elections and holding our politicians accountable. Assuming Americans can keep their attention span that long.

reesez

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Chevyville
    so funny! dunno what email you are talking about. i read it on a forum, then i checked it out on a supplied link to website. looked legit.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    so funny! dunno what email you are talking about. i read it on a forum, then i checked it out on a supplied link to website. looked legit.

It has been posted on a bunch of forums. I've seen 3 variations of it in an email and there have been some tin hat nutjobs that have made semi-legit looking websites about all kinds of things.

reesez

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Chevyville
    It has been posted on a bunch of forums. I've seen 3 variations of it in an email and there have been some tin hat nutjobs that have made semi-legit looking websites about all kinds of things.

apparently, guess im too old to be on the internet all day. :dunno:

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    about the only things I see happening in the "near" future are: limited capacity magazines, must keep record of all FTF gun sales in bound book, age restriction on buying long arms to 21 (from 18). The most likely to pan out is the "class 4" act, putting auto-loading long-arms on the list with a federal waiting period and tax.

All of which are UNCONSTITUTIONAL!! contact your reps and let's stop this before it happens!!

The mere thought of a "class 4" act should outrage everyone of us!! Do you really think it will be only long arms? They will do everything they can to put our handguns on it as well!

Top Bottom