• ...and so much more!
  • AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    And I say bull****.

Why? We have had a glaring example of legislative stand still the past 5 or 6 years. This has been largely due to the animosity between controlling power of the legislative and executive branches of government. You suspect this improves under a Cruz or Trump presidency?

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Why? We have had a glaring example of legislative stand still the past 5 or 6 years. This has been largely due to the animosity between controlling power of the legislative and executive branches of government. You suspect this improves under a Cruz or Trump presidency?

Okay, exactly what part of the Obama agenda did you believe was worthy of cooperation?
    Obamacare?
    Unchecked immigration?
    His repeated effort to reinstate draconian gun control measures?
    Yeah, when that kind of crap is coming down the pike, I'll happily take obstruction any day, and twice on Sunday.
    Remember that the next time another radical gets into the White House.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Christie is as stereotypical as an attorney can get. That rubs people the wrong way.

He has a reasonably solid conservative track record and vetoed boatloads of gun control as governor.

He's like a friendlier version of Maine's governor, Paul LePage.(Who also endorses Trump) I really wish LePage would run for president, that man is something else.

That the most totalitarian candidate in the GOP race has endorsed Donald Trump does not help Trump's image at all with people like me. The fat ass pussbag has earned the bottom spot on my ranking of GOP candidates since the beginning. His endorsement of Trump moves Trump even lower.

lol Nice jab.
    As a serious response, I have a 3-1 Win-Loss record. (Counting campaigns in which I played a major role). My one loss was a city council campaign in a heavy democrat district where we won every swing precinct by a 2-1 margin and still lost the election. The mayor (Ballard, 2011), who won the election overall, got about as many votes as we did in that district. My three wins were two state senate elections and being a campaign chairman for Governor Pence. Down in the 9th district I have access to info that you don't, so my candidate isn't nearly as much as a long shot as you might imagine. ;)

9th district? Who the **** is Brent Waltz? I'm in the 9th district. I've never heard of him. You're doing a fine job. :rolleyes:

I'm thankful for the standstill. Any further forward could have been much, much worse. I hope we have a standstill legislature after Hillary kicks Trumps ass. And if somehow, by some miracle Trump wins, I hope we have a standstill legislature on some issues where I fear Trump's true nature will manifest.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Where would I even start??? lol

The reason why I hit Cruz and not Trump is that for all his flip-flopping chicanery, he isn't blatantly pandering to the liberty/conservative vote while being a lying neocon. If Cruz was just honest about where he really lands in the ideological spectrum, I'd probably leave him alone. My feeling about Trump or Kasich is that, if you can't tell who they are by now, I probably can't help you. Cruz however has a very slick propaganda machine and is fooling a lot of conservatives.

Trump's war with the RNC is kinda like the war between the Nazis and the Soviets. You want the Nazis (RNC) to lose, but you don't necessarily like the Soviets (Trump) much either....

Who are you supporting and why, then?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    lol Nice jab.
    As a serious response, I have a 3-1 Win-Loss record. (Counting campaigns in which I played a major role). My one loss was a city council campaign in a heavy democrat district where we won every swing precinct by a 2-1 margin and still lost the election. The mayor (Ballard, 2011), who won the election overall, got about as many votes as we did in that district. My three wins were two state senate elections and being a campaign chairman for Governor Pence. Down in the 9th district I have access to info that you don't, so my candidate isn't nearly as much as a long shot as you might imagine. ;)

We probably crossed paths at Pence/ILF events. ;) Good luck to you, but I think Zoeller is the candidate to beat.

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    Okay, exactly what part of the Obama agenda did you believe was worthy of cooperation?
    Obamacare?
    Unchecked immigration?
    His repeated effort to reinstate draconian gun control measures?
    Yeah, when that kind of crap is coming down the pike, I'll happily take obstruction any day, and twice on Sunday.
    Remember that the next time another radical gets into the White House.

I'm not saying any portion of those policies were worthy of cooperation. But how about things like passing a budget, raising the ceiling to advert not paying our outstanding obligations, etc. There were many things that could have gone far more smoothly than they did, and in many instances the ONLY reason they didn't was BS political grandstanding and an unknown senator named Cruz wanting to make a name for himself. Nobody truly believed we were going to default on our financial obligations, given that what benefit was served by that gridlock and lack of cooperation?

mikebol

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2015
    Trafalgar
    I'm not saying any portion of those policies were worthy of cooperation. But how about things like passing a budget, raising the ceiling to advert not paying our outstanding obligations, etc. There were many things that could have gone far more smoothly than they did, and in many instances the ONLY reason they didn't was BS political grandstanding and an unknown senator named Cruz wanting to make a name for himself. Nobody truly believed we were going to default on our financial obligations, given that what benefit was served by that gridlock and lack of cooperation?

With this type of contentious Congress, the problem you face is that ANY legislation with half a chance of passing immediately becomes the host bill for all of the Congressional leaches to attach their pet projects to. You hear Congressmen talking about passing a "clean bill" - meaning, passing a bill that provides only what it was originally intended to and nothing else.

With all of the media coverage and social pressure to raise the debt limit and avert a government shutdown, the funding bill becomes the giant whale and all of the sucker fish glom on.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Just so I'm clear:

You can't be disliked because you can't get anything done, but being insulting and degrading to opponents is a good thing because it shows how not-PC you are and, of course, makes people like you so you can get things passed. Or something.

Christie's endorsement is good. Because what Trump was lacking was someone with who thought it was "crazy" to oppose Clinton's AWB but had a change of heart that he needed to announce once he was on a national stage, allegations of using gov't to enforce his own will for petty reasons, etc. Birds of a feather...

Perhaps, just perhaps, that a party that's marketing in recent memory is a two pronged approach of "gov't is bad" and "at least we're not Democrats" is having trouble putting forward a candidate for a government position that people can agree on? Between this and watching the Dems hold their nose and let Clinton call in all the favors she's owed (err...support her) it's chickens coming home to roost for both parties.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I know it's the NE but they've been spot on with political sex scandals. John Edwards comes to mind immediately.

Yeah, it is strange that for all the alien-landing BS stuff, they seem to get things right in that area. I think there was another similar scandal they broke, but can't remember it now. I guess they're even identifying the consorts. Have any of them confirmed on the record?

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Cruz is getting my vote. Hillary and Bernie are known anti 2nd in every way.

Trump is unknown but would probably make a deal to sell us down the river.

Kasich is is known to be bad for the 2A. He voted for the AWB under Clinton.

Cruz is known supporter and stood up for the 2nd. He is the only viable choice of you care about RKBA.

Top Bottom