• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    I requested that, as a return customer, they look over the coins and only ship ones that have "one half ounce gold" on them (even though it's supposed to be random). We'll see if they actually do that, and I will let you know.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I requested that, as a return customer, they look over the coins and only ship ones that have "one half ounce gold" on them (even though it's supposed to be random). We'll see if they actually do that, and I will let you know.
    Since those are 90% gold (like junk silver), how do you determine the price per ounce? Is it as simple as .90x.5 = .45 oz.? So 997.29 / .45 oz = 2216.20/oz.?

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    Well I had seen someone (snorko maybe?) say that $1.40 in face value for junk silver = 1 oz. for figuring prices, so I didn't know if there were some other formula for "junk" gold.

Gold coins don't have a consistent dollar denomination per ounce, or there could be a formula same as with US 90% silver coins.

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    Just imagine if there were an expansion of automobile manufacture to increase demand for it at the same time that supply is dwindling. That's what this commodity market is. Industrial supply and demand are both decreasing, but supply is decreasing faster. If demand reverses and starts to increase outside of an inflated helicopter money economy into a real economic recovery... these prices are going to look like pennies.

Top Bottom