• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    IMG_07071-e1440206888312.jpg

I bet the President is glad he is a Democrat....If he was a Republican this would photo would be above the fold of the New York Times Monday morning.....Full disclosure He (Fogle) also met with Bush on that trip...

Fogle was on Capitol Hill back in ’07 to lobby on behalf of the Center for Science in the Public Interest. He also met with President Bush during the same trip.

Read more: Photo Of Obama And Subway Jared In Senate Hart Office Building | The Daily Caller

.....As if anyone needed another reason to refer to the Daily Caller as a "hack job."

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I think I may have screwed up which year they added it. It looks like it was 2013, not 2014. Look at the 2012 code as your starting point, not the 2013.

If memory serves, I think it didn't become effective until 2014 which may have thrown me off. That or just that I'm getting old...

Ok.

2010 Code:

IC 35-42-4-9
    Sexual misconduct with a minor
    Sec. 9. (a) A person at least eighteen (18) years of age who, with a child at least fourteen (14) years of age but less than sixteen (16) years of age, performs or submits to sexual intercourse or deviate sexual conduct commits sexual misconduct with a minor, a Class C felony.
    It is a defense to a prosecution under this section if all the following apply:
    (1) The person is not more than four (4) years older than the victim.
    (2) The relationship between the person and the victim was a dating relationship or an ongoing personal relationship. The term "ongoing personal relationship" does not include a family relationship.

Even going back to 2006, under 14 is child molest regardless. The only difference I can see in the code would be an ongoing dating relationship between a 19 year old with a 15 year old would be a defense in 2010 but not in 2006. Every other iteration would be same-same as either the older party would not qualify to be charged or the younger party would be old enough to consent. (ie, a 17 year old with a 13 year old would be child molest regardless, but a 18 year old and a 14 year old in a dating relationship would be within 4 years of each other, a 20 year old and 16 year old would mean the 16 year old was old enough to consent regardless)

I think we can safety say this isn't a trend and that the age of consent was not lowered in recent memory except in one very particular instance.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I find it amazing that determining who you can legally diddle is more complicated than filing your taxes long form.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I find it amazing that determining who you can legally diddle is more complicated than filing your taxes long form.

When you act based on what is legally allowed or not allowed, when you find yourself choosing to do an act because there's no law against, rather than what you should, morally do, it can get complicated...

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    When you act based on what is legally allowed or not allowed, when you find yourself choosing to do an act because there's no law against, rather than what you should, morally do, it can get complicated...

This is true. I am not advocating that standard as a proper principle by which to live, but at the same time, that standard will always be with us and I just don't see filling prisons full of people who got snared on stupid little details when we had a much simpler and perfectly adequate law.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

Well, we could devise a flow chart, I suppose.

Once you're out of high school, though, it's pretty simple. Can the person complete the phrase "Help! I've fallen and ___ ___ ____ ___" If so, legal. Did the person have fewer than 10 channels on their first television? If so, legal. Does the person remember when telephones had cords and texting had to be done at Western Union? If so, legal.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Well, we could devise a flow chart, I suppose.

Once you're out of high school, though, it's pretty simple. Can the person complete the phrase "Help! I've fallen and ___ ___ ____ ___" If so, legal. Did the person have fewer than 10 channels on their first television? If so, legal. Does the person remember when telephones had cords and texting had to be done at Western Union? If so, legal.

Many of those people will be on social security though, old man. Those will likely be wanting to be leaving for the early bird dinner special pretty soon rather than hooking up. You'll need to up date that chart. More like: Was your first cell phone as a child, a smart phone? If "yes"...probablly too young---but then again, might still be "legal". :D

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Many of those people will be on social security though, old man. Those will likely be wanting to be leaving for the early bird dinner special pretty soon rather than hooking up. You'll need to up date that chart. More like: Was your first cell phone as a child, a smart phone? If "yes"...probablly too young---but then again, might still be "legal". :D

...well, that means they are legal and a cheap date. We can talk about which is our favorite Golden Girl and why Sean Connery is the best James Bond. Sounds like a win all the way around, to me.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011

So true -
    Still remember when my brother got his first mobile phone from work.

It was very heavy - mostly batteries.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    You can't even text on that...much less keep my Twitter feed updated. :rolleyes:

He was a trucker and his company made him carry it with him everywhere. Yes, even the bathroom. When he showed it to me I couldn't stop laughing. I still bring it up from time to time. He hated that thing.

I think I'll call him about it now.....:):

Top Bottom