Is it too soon for a Friday Night Steel thread?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Greenfield
    Good time...but I am experiencing a strange phenomenon. I seem to be getting progressively worse with every FNS I attend. Seriously. My first FNS was my best, and it gets worse from there. I guess I need some pra...prac....how do you say that again?? I definately need more range time with my weak hand as well. That was remarkably apparent. :noway:

Got colder than expected, but whataya gonna do. Was good to finally meet some other INGO'ers I haven't had the chance to meet yet.

Favorite conversation quote of the night (cause there is always at least one worth quoting):

Entering in mid conversation.....

P1: "Can I carry my gun?"
    P2: "Sure, just don't shoot me in the back"
    P1: "Don't worry, I play Call of Duty."

:laugh:

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    BWFRAME got to witness something I get every now and then.

"Hi, I'm (insertINGOmembername)"

"Hey, there, I'm HICKMAN on INGO"

"You're HICKMAN??, (shocked/funnylookonface)"

:D

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    Favorite conversation quote of the night (cause there is always at least one worth quoting):

Entering in mid conversation.....

P1: "Can I carry my gun?"
    P2: "Sure, just don't shoot me in the back"
    P1: "Don't worry, I play Call of Duty."

:laugh:

Hey, I say the guy sounds like a Tier one Operator. I'd trust the dude with my life! Especially if his kill/death ratio is good. :D

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I got to see BWFrame open my eyes to an entirely new class of competition, lever action pistols. I can see why it isn't so popular though, having to cycle the action manually after every shot looks like it would get old.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    My first time!

This was my fist FNS, and it won't be my last! Loved every minute! Favorite stages were 5,1,&2. Shooting through a barrel was cool, never done that before, the back and forth on stage one was very challenging, and doing weak hand, strong hand, both hands on 2 was also really nice. All around a great time. Brought a buddy from work who mostly shoots trap, he got more practice on his CZ 75 that he had in a while. Said he needs more practice and more ammo next time. Had only 34 rnds left on our last stage! I would have had a better time had my Colt 1911 hadn't started malfunctioning! :xmad: Began to not go fully into battery. Thought it might have been the new mags I bought this week, or my reloads, but at the inactive stage 3 did some "diagnostic" shots and figured it's probably just dirty, should have given it a quickie before the match. Never faild me before. And I put it away clean last time I shot it...but that was acouple of months ago! Looking forward to dressing warm and shooting in December, good job MCF&G! Next time I'll help tear down, as well as set up. Just had to go after last stage, but set up was cool, always like to lend a hand! :ar15:

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I had a great Friday Night Steel.

I am hoping in the future to be able to sneak away early enough and shoot some next year.

Accomplished a few things:

1. Shot a FNS without breaking into a sweat.
    2. Shot in Single Stack instead of Production.
    3. Actually found the front sight most of the evening.
    4. Shot an M&P... in .45.... with a suppressor on it.
    5. Even RO'd a bit.

I took some video, but it'll probably be a couple of days before I can get time to edit it.

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    Oh, I'm definitely not discouraged. Lol. I'll be at the bowling pins match in 2 weeks. I do need to get my hands on something larger than a G27 though. Haha. I had a few 8 second rounds on the barrel stage and stage 1 so I'm not at all disappointed. :D

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Accomplished a few things:

1. Shot a FNS without breaking into a sweat. Because it was freakin' cold!
    2. Shot in Single Stack instead of Production.
    3. Actually found the front sight most of the evening. Sights are for amateurs!
    4. Shot an M&P... in .45.... with a suppressor on it. That thing was awesome.
    5. Even RO'd a bit. I tried that. People in my group were telling me it was time for them to load and make ready. :n00b:

The shot timer was confusing me. All of the different buttons...

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Greenfield
    Hey, I say the guy sounds like a Tier one Operator. I'd trust the dude with my life! Especially if his kill/death ratio is good. :D

I was LMAO....priceless

BWFRAME got to witness something I get every now and then.

"Hi, I'm (insertINGOmembername)"

"Hey, there, I'm HICKMAN on INGO"

"You're HICKMAN??, (shocked/funnylookonface)"

True Story....I was there.

The shot timer was confusing me. All of the different buttons...

"Hey, want me to take the board and help RO?"
    "What's RO??, I don't know how to RO"

And I am waiting patiently to see VUPDBlue's avatar changes...:popcorn:

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    I got to see BWFrame open my eyes to an entirely new class of competition, lever action pistols. I can see why it isn't so popular though, having to cycle the action manually after every shot looks like it would get old.

NOW You know why I begged for "no tiny gun!". It did go rather well with his voots though.

I often get the same resaponse when I tell people who I am...a smile almost instantly turns to a frown.

OEF5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Mooresville
    First, anyone find a Glock 22 mag with a silver #1 and a weird lookin shape on the back?

Second, quote of the night, "It's not a party till someone's rights get violated!"

Here are some Vids:
    Shooters Boomstick /drool

Monkey doing his thing

Kimmi strong hand unsupported I think

Vu and his toy!

Hickman on the M&P Watch the rounds:rockwoot:

runandgun44

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Here's a few more video's from the "slow" crew. Thanks to our RO and to MCFG for hosting this, I brought a first timer and he had a blast.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCrKtUtqcFs]YouTube - FNSKevStage1.wmv[/ame]
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGjHSHRXdIA]YouTube - FNSGregStage1.wmv[/ame]

Top Bottom