Is it too soon for a Friday Night Steel thread?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • boileralum

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 6, 2010
    Indy
    I'd like to come check this out. I don't own any guns yet, but am getting fingerprinted for my LTCH on Friday afternoon and plan on shopping around this weekend. Is there any cost for spectators?

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    I'd like to come check this out. I don't own any guns yet, but am getting fingerprinted for my LTCH on Friday afternoon and plan on shopping around this weekend. Is there any cost for spectators?

The only thing it will cost you is your guilt for not having something with which to join the festivities!!

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township

If you wanna shoot, I can loan you a gun and mags, you just bring ammo. PM me if interested...

boileralum

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 6, 2010
    Indy
    If you wanna shoot, I can loan you a gun and mags, you just bring ammo. PM me if interested...
    I truly appreciate the offer, but I haven't fired anything in 15+ years, and have never done anything like this at all. I have a feeling I will have something to shoot and be comfortable with it by next month, though.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    HICKMAN is old and wise. Listen to him. I can offer you my M&P 9mm Pro Limited gun if you want, or my M&P45 or a P22. Just let me know if you change your mind.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

Got a 10/22 w/optic laying in the safe collecting dust (it has finished 1st in category at least once.). Just say the word, I'll bring it and mags.

BrandonM

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Morgan County
    You guys are a serious bunch of enablers, lol. I look forward to meeting you all - I'll be the fat guy who looks clueless ;)

Haha welcome to the site! vupdblue had the same offer for me early this year. Most everyone on here will do anything to help one another. Also, if you decide to come, ask around if you have questions. They are a wealth of knowledge. And dont let vupdblue fool ya..he is a great shot and always has good tips for new shooters. Hope too see ya there! :rockwoot:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

opus1776

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Re: magazines/shots fired/scoring

A missed plate or a plate shot out of sequence is a 3 second penalty. I've seen several shooters burn all or the better part of a standard capacity magazine (15+ rounds) to hit that last plate. If you can't hit it in 3 seconds - move on and take your penalties. It will save you frustration, time, ammo, and $$$.

YMMV.

Slow1911,

The penalities at FNS are 10 seconds per infraction not 3 seconds.... Don't ask me how I know :rolleyes:

======================================
    "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" K. Moss

You can NEVER be too rich or too thin.

Life is not a journey, but a series of unplanned detours...

Perfection: is not a goal-- it's an demanded expectation.

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    Now that's just a lie! I didn't shoot it at all on the last stage.:D

Funny you mentioned that. I opened some engineering fluid, got out the files and done a little tuning on the tiny gun. Maybe I'll bring it to FNS. :dunno: I could always use the 5" gun as a BUG.

If you have it running, you can bring the tiny gun. Just make sure you accessorize it with the right shoes and hand bag.

Caspian

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Noblesville
    Slow1911,

The penalities at FNS are 10 seconds per infraction not 3 seconds.... Don't ask me how I know :rolleyes:

======================================
    "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" K. Moss

You can NEVER be too rich or too thin.

Life is not a journey, but a series of unplanned detours...

Perfection: is not a goal-- it's an demanded expectation.

We have updated the rules and it is now a 3 second penalty.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    sadly, i will not be able to make this one. I had a baby girl last week and are still not out of the " no sleep for anyone" stage.

Top Bottom