• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    My question would be, what is exactly the city limits ? I seem to remember something like this being addressed a few years back and it was the area inside of the I-465 loop being used as a boundary for shooting or hunting purposes. Not sure if that was a layman's definition or not. I also remember this being discussed on the local news in regard to the people in Marion county who live in the rural areas ( Decatur, Franklin townships ), whether or not they could legally shoot predator animals (fox, coyote, etc.) that might be creating havoc with farm animals. Either way there is a lot of land out there in those two townships where I'm sure there are people doing some kind of plinking etc. I'm curious to know what exactly is allowed.

The issue in these parts is less a matter of strict legality and more a matter of what kind of neighbor you have.

If you live closer to suburbia neighborhoods with uptight city folk desirous of the mosquitoes and car crashers (aka deer), you might get noticed. If you live next to me and my neighbors or farther out where the idea of not having a gun gets you ridiculed, you're probably good to go.

Besides, if the LEOs can't make a trip to 10th and Post for bona fide thieves, we don't have to worry about them coming all the way down here just to check out some loud bangs. ;)

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    Yep, if I was called to the OP's house I would harass and torment him mercilessly. I would probably even go so far as to police brutality him and then shoot his dog. When I was done I would invite myself into his house and watch his TV while eating his food.

Yeah, but would you eat his sushi and brie?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    IIRC, it USED to be, OUTSIDE the "old" city limits, ok, NOW, I have NO idea... I grew up, on the s'side, near Adrain Orchard, and shot my .22, and .410 shotgun, ONLY got the cops called ONCE, and that was for disturbing the peace... ( the "old lady" next door was being a Bi***) IMHO...
    Some of the best rabbit hunting I ever had was right by Round Hill Cemetery! It's a license branch now... :(

PGRChaplain

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Waynedale (FT Wayne)
    I live in Ft Wayne right beside the Southwest Conservation Club. They shoot Trap, Skeet, Pistol and High Power Rifles. They were Grandfathered in many, many years ago. When a visitor asked about the gunfire next door, I told them that is the sound of Freedom.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    There are thieves at 10th/Post? I thought they were all in the Mars Hill and KY/465 area.

You know, it says something that my personal home has experienced more theft in the last 4 years than my ghetto unit at 16th and Sherman. :(

However, I was just referencing the copper thieves thread for some good-natured rib-poking at your (collectively) expense.

cromus

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Hopefully this isn't "ressurecting a dead thread."

With the news reports of the coyotes attacking pets, would it be legal to shoot a coyote if it was in my fenced in back yard? I live in Franklin Township.

I would think yes based on two things. 1: Outside the loop. 2: Protecting family member (pet).

What are your thoughts?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    1. How is my land zoned?

2. Regardless of zoning are there ordinances (city, county) against shooting where I want to shoot?

3. If positive answers to #1 and #2, then what does my range look like. It's not about me, but will it impact others around me and down range.

4. What kind of insurance should I have?

5. How do my neighbors feel about it?

I'd sit down and talk to an attorney if you are uncertain.

Top Bottom