• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    On a related note, I discovered you can’t buy at Giant Eagle stores without a shoppers card. It literally won’t let you scan your items until you do.

I was ready to leave my snacky treats on the register but the cashier hooked me up.

And he didn’t even ask to scan my id. He was an astute observer and knew I was well over 21. So there is that.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    On a related note, I discovered you can’t buy at Giant Eagle stores without a shoppers card. It literally won’t let you scan your items until you do.

I was ready to leave my snacky treats on the register but the cashier hooked me up.

And he didn’t even ask to scan my id. He was an astute observer and knew I was well over 21. So there is that.
    Aren't Giant Eagle and Get Go the same company? Don't need a card at Get Go.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Some of the merchandise in Get Go has Giant Eagle labels/price stickers on it. I don't think I've ever seen a Giant Eagle store around here though.
    Giant Eagle is parent company of Get-Go and Market District. GE are their regular grocery stores, MD are their upscale grocery stores, and of course GG is their fast food gas stores.

Typically the types of differences between GE and MD is the MD stores are heavy in prime beef and they even dry age three weeks in the store and other high end types of items.

Never not been able to purchase without a card at any of them…

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    So what, doesn't mean it has to happen here
    You seem to have missed the point, entirely. It already IS happening, EVERYWHERE. Name a place where you honestly believe you have any modicum of privacy. The US Supreme Court has ruled, numerous times, that Americans have no expectations of privacy outside their own homes. If you harbor any expectation of privacy inside your home, you are truly delusional. Cell phones, Alexa devices, credit cards, WIFI, doorbell cams, home security, baby monitors, wrist watches, Fitbits, personal computers, laptops, kindles, internet connected washer, dryer, range, freezer, furnace, air conditioner, and hundreds more similar devices, implanted auto-defibrillators, pacemakers, in your home, hooked up to the rest of the world. For $#!T's sake, my sister-in-law got a total knee replacement in May. THE DAMN THING IS CONNCTED TO THE INTERNET! It can tell her how many steps she takes, how far she ran or walked, whether or not she is stretching properly, even if she is gaining/losing weight. Privacy my A$$. It exists only as a figment of the imagination.

Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    If everyone else was jumping off the cliff why shouldn’t we? Bad behavior by others is no reason for us to do it. We should make INGO transactions as private as possible…
    And therein lies the rub. IT IS NOT... wait for it... POSSIBLE. Period. Full Stop. End of Sentence. If you disagree, please tell all of us how you propose to make an INTERNET transaction, over PUBLIC media, in any way private.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Z06
    Top Bottom