• Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    What transaction officer?

I try to promote the INGO classifieds as much as possible, for the better of our marketplace.
    That said, the last three listings I've made in the classy's never got a response. I finally ended up selling the item to my brother in law's third cousin's buddy. :)

Just look at all the ongoing adds that folks bump daily for days, weeks, months at a time. Some stuff just doesn't sell.

:dunno:
    Who said anything about a transaction officer? What?

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    If everyone else was jumping off the cliff why shouldn’t we? Bad behavior by others is no reason for us to do it. We should make INGO transactions as private as possible…
    Are you forced to leave feedback?

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    I came to Kentucky today on a service call. Crossed the toll bridge. Some government agencies will know when I arrived and when I leave. It will be there for years if not forever. I’m not saying we shouldn’t be mindful but realistically there is no hiding form big brother. And if we don’t think there is at least 1 government agent on this site well that’s foolish. (You know who you are)……LOL

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I came to Kentucky today on a service call. Crossed the toll bridge. Some government agencies will know when I arrived and when I leave. It will be there for years if not forever. I’m not saying we shouldn’t be mindful but realistically there is no hiding form big brother. And if we don’t think there is at least 1 government agent on this site well that’s foolish. (You know who you are)……LOL
    While true, you make the choice to share most of that information. You could go a different route, without your cell phone on, paying cash.

The real question in this thread is whether the seller should be able to leave feedback that ties a buyer to a specific item?

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Man don't use that troll bridge. Riverlink is famous for screwing up the tolling. Do yourself a favor and stick to the Sherman Minton and the old US 31 bridge only.

racegunz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 6, 2015
    Indiana
    Since there are license plate readers, you should take your plates off and declare yourself a sovereign citizen.
    Let me know how that works out!
    I mean hearing about the severity of the leo resources they probably won’t even notice right?
    Btw I lost all my firearms in a boating accident on Lake Michigan.

Gingerbeardman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2017
    Anderson
    If Jack boots come marching down the street, they're kicking all doors and searching all rooms regardless of your feedback about some sale on some website. If you don't want feedback mentioned, that should be discussed upon initial contact. I think it's a handy tool, there's plenty of non-firearm items available on here as well, and feedback can be useful.

pitbulld45

Follower of I AM
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Terre Haute
    interesting. after being here for a bit and browsing some areas (*cough* political) I wonder if ownership registry is the worst list being generated from this site’s data.

but seriously, that is a good point. Which reminds me I forgot to tell y’all about a recent boating incident..
    We are all probably already read flagged somewhere

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    The last thing I'd be worried about, were I being actively investigated and accused in committing crimes, is my feedback record on INGO.

Stuff like that probably matters more after the ATF has already broken in to my house and killed me for having the gall to defend my house against an unannounced break in.

Airtevron1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 10, 2019
    IN
    If you honestly believe that you have the ability to keep anything totally private these days, you are either quite ignorant of current electronic communications, or delusional. Got a cell phone? Got cards in your wallet with chips in them? Got ONSTAR? Does your browser save your passwords? Does your phone save your contacts?

Scenario:
    User posts a for sale ad on INGO. You reply to that ad on INGO. You contact each other by cell phone to make arrangements for the transaction. Both of you take cell phones to the actual transfer. Everything about that sale: buyer ID, seller ID, amount paid, goods transferred, place transferred, date and time transferred, and likely more, is now a subpoena-able bit of (more or less public) information. The only thing private about that transaction is whether or not you changed your underwear before the meet up. Wake up, 1984 was 40 years ago.
    So what, doesn't mean it has to happen here

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    It is certainly clear why the surveillance state is so successfully intertwined into every day life with the ambivalence even here. I was warning folks bake in the early 90’s when the gov started buying the data from the private credit reporting agencies, but even then ambivalence was the rule not the exception…

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Z06
    Top Bottom