Is $30 about as good as its gonna get for an FFL nowadays?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Sorry, moved up to So Bend area and am in the process of closing my business. Also that is not my phone #. Big thanks to all my customers for your loyalty and past business.

Thanks
    Dick

That's too bad, I enjoyed doing the four transfers with you over the past year and a half or so. Good luck in the future, Dick! :ingo:

Now I need me a new dealer :draw:

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Being a home based FFL since 1996 and a business owner and manager for forty years I understand true costs and believe anyone who does transfers for ten or twenty dollars to "bring in business" are selling themselves short and do not value their time. The guys always crying that they are being screwed by FFL's are not someone I want as a customer period; you can never please them and they do not value the FFL's time or financial investment.

I value my time and do not think I am selling myself short and still charge $20.00. Less sometimes for INGO'ers.

I wholeheartedly agree about not wanting the customers that always think they are getting screwed by their ffl. Hell, I won't even sell a mosin or mauser to a guy who says, "I am going to put a black plastic stock on this and tac it out." I just respond, "No sir, you are not. That weapon survived two World Wars and a Cold War and managed to keep it's intergity so I will keep it for the next guy who appreciates that."

I am not saying I am right....But that's what "gunharmony" is all about IMHO. Putting the weapon with the person that is going to appreciate it. My wife says I run a dating service for weapons and individuals that requires a 4473...Maybe she is right.:):

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I value my time and do not think I am selling myself short and still charge $20.00. Less sometimes for INGO'ers.

I wholeheartedly agree about not wanting the customers that always think they are getting screwed by their ffl. Hell, I won't even sell a mosin or mauser to a guy who says, "I am going to put a black plastic stock on this and tac it out." I just respond, "No sir, you are not. That weapon survived two World Wars and a Cold War and managed to keep it's intergity so I will keep it for the next guy who appreciates that."

I am not saying I am right....But that's what "gunharmony" is all about IMHO. Putting the weapon with the person that is going to appreciate it. My wife says I run a dating service for weapons and individuals that requires a 4473...Maybe she is right.:):

Sigh. My wife won't let me "date" anymore....unless I buy her a swimming pool.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    The FFL is also taking some risk when he does this for you. Often he is receiving a firearm from someone he does not know, and selling it to someone he does not know. If there is a problem on either end, (even after the fact) he is answerable to the BATF. This liablity does not go away. You may have to answer for a transfer you made 10 years ago. Even if there is NO wrong doing on his part, he has to submit to ANY request made by the BATF, up to and including closing his business during the investigation. He has to eat any finacial loss that occurs during the investigation. Add the license fees, liability insurance, and record keeping, $30.00 is chump change. I turned away people who I just didn't trust who wanted to make transfers on firearms that I just didn't feel right about, even if they could have slipped through the NICS system. No one is getting rich making transfers.

Top Bottom