• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    The .gov lies to you.

Do you think that the .gov is going to properly investigate the .gov and then appropriately punish itself?

Wake up... bull**** investigations are bull****.... just more smoke and mirrors and more wasting of time and money.

They'd do us a favor by just dropping the charades.

Popcorn worthy my ass... I guess if you like fictional novels maybe.

Henry

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2014
    Athome
    The .gov lies to you.

Do you think that the .gov is going to properly investigate the .gov and then appropriately punish itself?

Wake up... bull**** investigations are bull****.... just more smoke and mirrors and more wasting of time and money.

They'd do us a favor by just dropping the charades.

Popcorn worthy my ass... I guess if you like fictional novels maybe.

Exactly.

Tyranny will continue and grow stronger as long as people tolerate it.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Oops. Looks like another layer to be investigated on these e-mails. The IRS contracts with a private company for backups. I wonder if Issa can/has subpoenaed them directly, bypassing the IRS to gain copies of those e-mails? Also, it would be interesting to see exactly what the backup policies include to see if they include long-term backups, when they are purged, etc.

The IRS Had a Contract With an Email Backup Company

Henry

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2014
    Athome
    The whole explanation is pure bullshot. There is no way that there would not be a backup in the system.

Just think. These are the same jackasses that are charged with enforcing compliance with many aspects of the so called affordable care act.

Henry

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2014
    Athome
    The power to tax is the power to destroy. The Sixteenth Amendment needs to go and this agency needs to be abolished and tossed upon the ash heap of history.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I am so miffed that these congrerss critters can't figure out that the emails are NOT stored on the end user's hard drive!!! Should I send a letter or something to my congressman? Would he even see it?

Henry

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2014
    Athome
    The committee hearings are airing right now on CSPAN2.

Say what you want about her, but when Michele Bachmann called this regime a "gangster government", she was dead on.

Henry

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2014
    Athome
    BTW, watching that jackass Elijan Cummings run interference for the gang is like watching a pot of horse**** simmer.

Henry

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2014
    Athome
    The IRS is a political wing. Abolish it.

Absolutely...along with the 16th Amendment.

The republic was well funded before 1913 without it. It can be so again.

The 16th and the IRS need to be tossed upon the ash heap of history.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    This today after Koskinen previously said the emails were lost forever.

Utah Rep. Jason Chaffetz needled Koskinen about a short-term data backup that the IRS had in place in 2011 when Lerner's hard drive crashed, but never used.
    'It's actually a disaster recovery system,' the IRS commissioner testified, 'and it backs up for six months in case the entire system goes down ... That was the rule in 2011. Policy.'

Chaffetz wanted to know 'why didn't they just go to that six-month tape?'
    Koskinen replied that it is a disaster recovery tape that has all of the emails on it, and is a very complicated tape to actually extract emails [from], but I have not seen any emails to explain why they didn't do it. So I – It would be difficult, but I don't know why they didn't do it.'
    'But you said that the IRS was going to extraordinary lengths to give it to the recovery team, correct?' Chaffetz quizzed.

'That's correct,' said Koskinen.

'But it's backed up on tape?'
    'For six months, yes.'
    'So,' Chaffetz asked, 'why didn't you get them off the backup?'
    'All I know about that is that the backup tapes are disaster recovery tapes that put everything in one lump,' Koskinen replied, 'and extracting individual emails out of that is very costly and difficult, and it was not the policy at the time.'
    'Did anybody try?' Chaffetz asked the IRS commissioner.

'I have no idea or indication that they did,' came his answer.

In the March 26 hearing, Koskinen insisted that retrieving Lerner's emails and submitting them to legal review – to make sure they don't contain taxpayers' private information – would take 'years.'
    'They’re stored somewhere,' he explained to Utah Rep. Jason Chaffetz during that hearing. 'They get taken off and stored in servers and you’ve got 90-thousand employees. ... We can find, and we are in fact searching – we can find Lois Lerner’s emails.'
    Koskinen didn't mention the 2011 computer crash at the time.
    His suggestion that the emails were stored on a remote server – not only on Lerner's personal computer – has brought howls from Republicans, especially since he testified on Friday in a House Ways and Means Committee hearing that the emails were gone for good, and that the IRS had 'recycled' the hard drive.
    Audible gasps echoed throughout the hearing room as he voiced that admission.

Henry

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2014
    Athome
    Just another note... It is unfortunate that more folks do not watch these hearings in their unedited entirety.

If they did, they would have the opportunity to see what a bunch of ass clowns most members of both parties are. Most are incapable of carrying out a logical line of reasoning and questioning.

Sadly, most citizens are distracted with bread and circuses.

Trey Gowdy, love him of hate him, is a ball buster and he seems to do his homework.

Thomas Massie is low key, but is definitely another that does his homework.

Last edited:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The IRS situation is far bigger than Watergate. But the US is far too politically divisive. Intellectual dishonesty reigns over integrity. People today are more interested in party-line political progress, they ignore lies and cover-ups.

We're living in dangerous times. Keep your ammo dry, and your blades sharp.

srad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Elkhart/Bristol, IN
    Keep your ammo dry, and your blades sharp.

Thanks for the reminder, got a few blades been meaning to sharpen (seriously).
    Good to go on the first directive.

The level of fail in this fiasco is infinitely frustrating. Truly hope Congress finds the cajones to do whatever it takes to put the screws and turn up the heat on this steaming pile of crap.

Top Bottom