• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Congrats to Jeb Bush on the big victory in Iowa. Winning Iowa is a first step for Jeb.

But to be fair, he has all that money and, as I have learned from INGO, 1) money is evil, 2) those with money always win.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Nobody gave Cruz a chance when he went up against Dewhurst for his senate seat. Dewhurst had all the endorsements and the big money, establishment supporters but lost anyway. I know this is a different ball game but it's still way too early to be crowning Rubio.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Nobody gave Cruz a chance when he went up against Dewhurst for his senate seat. Dewhurst had all the endorsements and the big money, establishment supporters but lost anyway. I know this is a different ball game but it's still way too early to be crowning Rubio.

I can get on bpoard with Cruz.
    Trump scares me at some level.
    Rubio is just a mouth piece.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I can get on bpoard with Cruz.
    Trump scares me at some level.
    Rubio is just a mouth piece.

Cruz ain't perfect but he's the pick of the litter, if you ask me. I wish Rand was doing better, he'd be my 2nd choice. Trump...I'm not convinced he's changed his spots. And he's got a bunch of people bamboozeled. Rubio is better, by a country mile, than Clinton or Sanders. I know there'd be a number of WTF moments with Rubio but I'd rather have somebody I agree with 65% of the time in there than somebody I agree with 0.00001% of the time.

Lowe0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 22, 2015
    Indianapolis
    They don't care about her transgressions nor our country and many lack the moral compass that some of us take for granted.
    You may be overreacting just a bit. Seriously, it's entirely possible for people to disagree without assuming that their opponents don't love their country or have morals.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I hadn't heard that before. But I admit to not paying as much attention as I have in the past. I am in the "we are screwed and there is no coming back" mental mode these days.

Ditto. FWIW, my daughter is optimistic and tells me that old people always think things are going downhill. Hopefully, she is more right than me.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You may be overreacting just a bit. Seriously, it's entirely possible for people to disagree without assuming that their opponents don't love their country or have morals.

People want Hillary even though they think she's dishonest--and not just slightly less dishonest than Bernie. I'm not sure how else to parse that other than people who support Hillary are less endowed with principle and more endowed with an ideological focus. As far as loving their country, I tend to think Democrats would be less so. There's a sort of smarmy self-important self-loathing (if that makes any sense) in liberals that doesn't happened with conservatives. It's the motivation behind Obama's apology tour.

I'm not saying that Democrats hate America. I'm saying they don't like the America we have now, where conservatives still have at least some voice. Once everyone accepts all 58 facebook sanctioned genders, THEN they will love America.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    They don't care about her transgressions nor our country and many lack the moral compass that some of us take for granted.

I have plenty of liberal friends and respect their point of view and often they have valid arguments that are hard to disagree with. Sometimes even harder to debate against.

My problem is specifically with the blind support that is given to Hillary simply because it is her turn and/or she has a vagina:

• Her acts (and inaction) were treasonous and may have cost people's lives. They don't care.
    • Her acts were treasonous and her time as Sec. of State was a failure possibly jeopardizing our country's future peace and well being. How can you love our country and still vote for a traitor?
    • What kind of morals do you have to have to support a serial liar and documented traitor?

Not that I am thrilled with Bernie's platform but I can certainly see the support he gets. I may deem it naïve and misdirected but that is why we vote. At least we will have rainbows every morning when we wake up at noon for our free college classes and the unicorns we ride to school will no longer be on the endangered species list.

Bernie is at least genuine and cares. The only thing that evil carpetbagger witch cares about is herself and she will wrap herself in whatever cloak she needs to, use whoever she needs to, and crush whoever she needs to in order to crown herself.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Tim Scott just threw out his endorsement of Rubio

[video=youtube;4PjtQxSFI9w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=4PjtQxSFI9w&app=desktop[/video]

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It's not hard to see Bernie's lure. Look at his support from those under 30. The prospect of having $100K student loans forgiven is a pretty big motivator to put the bong down and uber on over to the polls in your jammies and slippers.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    From Dylan Byers at CNN:

Win for conservatives (Cruz)

Win for establishment (Rubio)

Relative win for Sanders

Better-than-a-loss for Clinton

Clear loss for Trump.

I'd say Rubio is every bit as Conservative as Cruz, just not a jerk about it. Really don't get all the Rubio hate lately. Both he and Cruz are very Conservative-minded, and both would be excellent options.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    From Dylan Byers at CNN:

I'd say Rubio is every bit as Conservative as Cruz, just not a jerk about it. Really don't get all the Rubio hate lately. Both he and Cruz are very Conservative-minded, and both would be excellent options.

Except for the NSA spying and the amnesty stuff.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    From Dylan Byers at CNN:

He's more conservative than, say, Bernie Sanders or Trump or Hillary. And with conservative, you also get an authoritarian, the only better of which is the fatass pussbag himself!

And why lately? Let's just say the past two debates revealed the little boy who wanted to be king.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    There's a sort of smarmy self-important self-loathing (if that makes any sense) in liberals that doesn't happened with conservatives. It's the motivation behind Obama's apology tour.

I'm not saying that Democrats hate America. I'm saying they don't like the America we have now, where conservatives still have at least some voice. Once everyone accepts all 58 facebook sanctioned genders, THEN they will love America.

I think you have finally split the reality atom. What utter nonsense. Go wash your mouth out with soap and quit sniffing paint.

Top Bottom