• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I would also be willing to donate milk jugs. I am single so I do not have a lot. Also if you need any help let me know. I would be willing to help with testing and such.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    You can put out calls for various kinds of ammo periodically, like 9mm FMJ, 40cal HP, etc. You should be able to gather a nice variety rather quickly for the tests. Looks great!

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    My half of the gear is nearly loaded up. Just the usual home defense stuff. Results will correspond to what many here have. LMW's has the shotty and other guns.

4713592816_117d7f0082_b.jpg

Gonna be alot of damage in our science!

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    COOL!!!
    I wonder if we could do what Gen Julian Hatcher did and get the Prison System to donate cadavers for testing. :whistle:
    Mike

Whoa! I thought finding milk jugs was a problem...
    I don't think I'm quite ready for that. Let's let Joshua and me deal with sheet rock and 2x4s!

I've seen some shows where they shoot a pig to simulate flesh. My problem is that if I had a whole pig, I would find a spit and roast it rather than shoot it.:D Then we could have the first annual INGO steel shoot and pig roast! :ingo: [On second thought, Techres wouldn't go for that either......:):]

Last edited:

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Whoa! I thought finding milk jugs was a problem...
    I don't think I'm quite ready for that. Let's let Joshua and I deal with sheet rock and 2x4s!

I've seen some shows where they shoot a pig to simulate flesh. My problem is that if I had a whole pig, I would find a spit and roast it rather than shoot it.:D Then we could have the first annual INGO steel shoot and pig roast! :ingo: [On second thought, Techres wouldn't go for that either......:):]
    Drat!!!
    Some of Hatcher's results were very.......
    Interesting! ;)
    Mike

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I have a Jewish friend who eats shrimp.
    He calls it "Chicken of the Sea." :D
    Mike

Yeah, I often assume someone is Seventh Day Adventist when the refuse pork for that same reason! ;)

I promise much video footage, LMW's will surely have forms that will result in graphs that are really informative, and the melons & water will result in his range becoming a garden again.

This is the test day. Much to learn, both about the process itself and the actual test results. This is gonna be a deal that is more than once, I am sure.

Wonder if we have some cheap red drink mix to make those just blow in a more colorful fashion.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I would be interested in seeing how effective stereotypical places to seek cover are. Typical things you find in your house like different types of bath tubs, and tile+sub floor materials that you would find on the floor or as shower walls, file cabinets, refridgerators... It might just change what you decide to jump behind, or what you decide to throw against a door or wall to decrease penetration. I wouldn't be surprised either way to find out whether metal horizontal file cabinets full of papers turn out to be significant bullet barriers or false security.

Last edited:

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I would be interested in seeing how effective stereotypical places to seek cover are. Typical things you find in your house like different types of bath tubs, and tile+sub floor materials that you would find on the floor or as shower walls, file cabinets, refridgerators... It might just change what you decide to jump behind, or what you decide to throw against a door or wall to decrease penetration. I wouldn't be surprised either way to find out whether metal horizontal file cabinets full of papers turn out to be significant bullet barriers or false security.

OMG! I have a spare deep freeze that I have been meaning to get rid of on bulk trash day!

AHHHHH!!!!

Frantic PM to LMV in-suing....

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Wow Pop, you really out-did yourself on that box! lol

The experiment that I would like to see is "AR-15 vs. 12ga penetration (inside a home)".

Top Bottom