Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    From Reuters:

k05_22916149.jpg

Short-barreled Saiga-410 (center)

k07_22915227.jpg

A gathering of Krinks (for heaven's sake, unfold those stocks, guys!)

k10_22914803.jpg

AK-74 with UTG quad-rail forearm (it's not just for airsoft anymore!)

k22_22916755.jpg

A well-worn SVD Dragunov

k33_22916175.jpg

Caption on this one read "A protester carries a police RPG and riot shield during clashes with riot police in Bishkek April 7, 2010." ... and you think OUR police are too militarized? :n00b:

Benjamin

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Columbus, IN
    +1 for the protesters. They are over throwing a government that claims to be democratic but really holds rigged elections. Hopefully WHEN they gain full control they won't let the same thing happen again. The last president staged an uprising about 5 years ago. It's about time they got rid of him.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I think those are pistols, I do not see any stocks.

I also think they're pistols

Nope, definitely real-deal Krinks. They've got the folding hardware installed in the rear trunnion, and if you look at the guys at the far left and right in the full-size pic, you can clearly see the toe of the stock on the left side of the gun.

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Salem
    I get the impression that these guys were just handed these guns. They look by the way they're holding them and stuff that they dont know anything about how to use them. (holding the AK by the mag,odd stances, holding the gun waaayyy out in front of themselves, not shouldering the rifles, etc..) Seems like their gov't needs reset to say the least. I wish them the best..

Snowden

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2010
    I get the impression that these guys were just handed these guns. They look by the way they're holding them and stuff that they dont know anything about how to use them. (holding the AK by the mag,odd stances, holding the gun waaayyy out in front of themselves, not shouldering the rifles, etc..) Seems like their gov't needs reset to say the least. I wish them the best..

Yeah, the guy in the third pic would have a much easier time shooting if he braced the stock against his shoulder rather than his chin.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    If I was the officers that were getting hit with rocks, someone is going to be leaking soon after.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    If I was the officers that were getting hit with rocks, someone is going to be leaking soon after.

There's a guy on militaryphotos.net who was at the scene and posted updates in near-real time "a stray bullet just hit my office window, now security is telling us to GTFO" :eek: According to him, the riot-control guys were part of the internal security service. They were supposed to be one of the most feared and well-funded agencies in the region (thus the duded-up AKs and Western-style gear), but didn't have the (heart/nerve/stones) to fire on their own countrymen. So they fled, leaving behind vans full of equipment. About 2000 rioters then stormed their headquarters and took about 100 guns, including AK-74s, Krinks, Dragunovs, PKM machine guns and RPGs.

Top Bottom