• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I just looked at the forecast for the weekend. They show rain Thursday, Friday, AND Saturday.

Now, personally, I don't mind one bit shooting in the rain. I even bought two large tarps and have a cot we can set things on. We have one shelter tent but iirc it's not HUGE or anything.

I guess this leaves us with two options. Continue as scheduled and hope it's like last year with a little drizzle now and then and not worry about getting wet in 50 degree weather. As predicted. We all know how Indiana weather is and how reliable reports are. The other option: Hold off until Sunday or another predetermined weekend and hope for better weather.

Like I said, I don't mind rain and like to find out how my equipment performs in all weather conditions. Not too keen on sighting in my SKS in the rain and wind though. I might have to do that before Thursday while it's 60 and sunny.

So, what's the consensus think we should do? 38, it's your show. What do you want to do?

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    I can't come on Sunday, and I don't care about the rain unless it is pouring. That would suck.

Does anyone have a sledge hammer they might be able to lug along? I might need something to drive targets into the ground with. The ground is soft enough that maybe not, but I would hate to not be able to hammer what I have into the ground.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I can't come on Sunday, and I don't care about the rain unless it is pouring. That would suck.

Does anyone have a sledge hammer they might be able to lug along? I might need something to drive targets into the ground with. The ground is soft enough that maybe not, but I would hate to not be able to hammer what I have into the ground.

Have one. Will bring it. Also, we'll need rope to secure the tarp with and probably a pole to support the center of the tarp so it doesn't act as a rain catcher. That is, unless you think we'll get thirsty and need something to drink. :):

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Have one. Will bring it. Also, we'll need rope to secure the tarp with and probably a pole to support the center of the tarp so it doesn't act as a rain catcher. That is, unless you think we'll get thirsty and need something to drink. :):

I have some free Heineken from millsusaf that I can bring (like 8 cans left). The only catch is that you aren't allowed to crush the cans because he wants them back.

ETA - I guess I wouldn't really mind. I dunno, I'm too new to shooting to have much of an opinion on a lot of stuff yet. So if it's happening, I'll be there. If it gets called off, I'll move the event on my calendar and see if I can make it to whatever the new date is.

JohnE

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm still up for it if it doesn't rain hard at least. With all the rain any problems getting there since it's not so much a road? I have a 10x20 (I think that's the size) tarp as well if needed. Looking forward to meeting everyone as well and really ready to do some shooting!!

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    Saturday is a 30% chance of rain in Bloomington. Rather than change everyone's schedules at the last minute I think it's better to chance it, especially with so many folks who have canopies. We did well last time.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Saturday is a 30% chance of rain in Bloomington. Rather than change everyone's schedules at the last minute I think it's better to chance it, especially with so many folks who have canopies. We did well last time.

Yes we did. I guess the source my PDA was getting it's weather from needs adjusting or they changed the chances. It was saying 60% this morning. Then again, they said today it wasn't suppose to rain here too, but it is. :dunno: :laugh: Gotta love Indiana.

Like I said, rain, no rain, I'm there. Just wanted to make sure we'd have enough cover if need be.

OH, I also bought 4 packages of hot dogs to contribute. Got 2 beef franks, 1 cheese dog, and one jalapeno dog. ;) Little something for everyone. If I need to get buns too let me know.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Yes we did. I guess the source my PDA was getting it's weather from needs adjusting or they changed the chances. It was saying 60% this morning. Then again, they said today it wasn't suppose to rain here too, but it is. :dunno: :laugh: Gotta love Indiana.

Like I said, rain, no rain, I'm there. Just wanted to make sure we'd have enough cover if need be.

OH, I also bought 4 packages of hot dogs to contribute. Got 2 beef franks, 1 cheese dog, and one jalapeno dog. ;) Little something for everyone. If I need to get buns too let me know.

Buns?

87301592.Dk4jfSEB.HGRPModelBlissBunsGunsOrderInfo.jpg

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Anyone like brats? I could probably bring a package or two of brats. Not quite as good as hot-dogs cooked on a campfire, but if someone has a small camp grill that we can boil them in beer first, and then grill, they would be mighty tastey.

.fourfive

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2010
    bloomington, IN
    Is it the 4 wheel drive trail at the end of fox hollow drive, where it turns into county road 850 north and then runs into a dirt road?

Is there anything else that I can bring?

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    I have some free Heineken from millsusaf that I can bring (like 8 cans left). The only catch is that you aren't allowed to crush the cans because he wants them back.

ETA - I guess I wouldn't really mind. I dunno, I'm too new to shooting to have much of an opinion on a lot of stuff yet. So if it's happening, I'll be there. If it gets called off, I'll move the event on my calendar and see if I can make it to whatever the new date is.

I gotta say this...I'm about as laid back as they come, and I like to drink as much as anyone else, but with so many of us coming and who-knows-how-many guns, I don't think it is a good idea to involve beer and shooting in the same event.

Call me red, but I like to be around clear minds when Im bangin. :twocents:

I won't be eating, so don't include me in the food.

I got a nice piece of steel today at the scrap yard. We can blow the hell out of it.

.fourfive

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2010
    bloomington, IN
    I have 6 to 8 empty antifreeze jugs while i was waiting for my replacement radiator for the jeep. if you fill them with water they make excellent target holders.....if you live in the ghetto like me. shall i bring them.

Last edited:

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Does anyone want to shoot a stainless steel microwave oven up? I have one I can bring. I don't know what kind of mess it will make though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom