• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    Now, you know, if there's going to be a car here, is it too far out of line to ask for tannerite also? I mean, as long as we take a break to let the gun cool off :): and pick up the pieces, it wouldn't be so bad.

Up to the man with the land. :dunno:

I want no part of cleaning that mess up!:laugh:

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Guys, steel targets obviously do create a lot of splatter, but I have to point out that the targets you were utilizing were not optimal. Mild steel that is put up to the kind of abuse you threw at it can be dangerous. When soft steel starts to crater and deform, it causes ricochets (not splatter) and can be dangerous from close range. Target-grade steel is your best bet because it causes complete fragmentation of the bullets on impact, especially at closer ranges. If you like (and if I can definitely make it) I can bring some AR500 steel targets to use.
    Yup.
    We were shooting at that mild steel waaaaaay too close.
    I think many of us took spatter from that thick piece.
    I'm bringing a mild steel target, but it will be 1" thick. It will also be a longer range target.
    I'm hoping we can set up a 100+ yard shooting lane.

samot

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Your mamas house
    Guys, steel targets obviously do create a lot of splatter, but I have to point out that the targets you were utilizing were not optimal. Mild steel that is put up to the kind of abuse you threw at it can be dangerous. When soft steel starts to crater and deform, it causes ricochets (not splatter) and can be dangerous from close range. Target-grade steel is your best bet because it causes complete fragmentation of the bullets on impact, especially at closer ranges. If you like (and if I can definitely make it) I can bring some AR500 steel targets to use.
    i Agree with this 100% , it is my belief that the 22s caused most of the ricochets, they are notorious for it, even worse when shooting at steel. I didnt know FPDs tent thing got tore up , that HAD to be from splatter & or ricochets
    Im willing to pitch in to help him get another one !!!!
    Also , i left at around 230 or 3 , all i brought was a cat litter tub to shoot at :D .... i didnt help clean up & want to thank everyone that did :patriot:
    :ar15:

Last edited:

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Now, you know, if there's going to be a car here, is it too far out of line to ask for tannerite also? I mean, as long as we take a break to let the gun cool off :): and pick up the pieces, it wouldn't be so bad.

Up to the man with the land. :dunno:

I will have at least 10 lbs. :D

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    With the given danger of ricochets cars have been known to deflect bullets and are made from mild steel, Don't want to burst anyones bubble, but it is something to consider.

Just a suggestion but before we commit to a car being there should we not make sure that we have some one with a car trailer and a truck that can haul it away afterward.

Just putting it out there, what say you all! :dunno:

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Car will be at a minium of 75 yards away from firing line.

They don't seem to have an issue with it at knob creek.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    The 3 hours is also why I'm not sure if I can make it. But if that bald little girl calls me a wuss, I MAY just say screw it and show up, so I can thump him :)

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    If it was closer, I would be in...3 hours is pretty far though.

The 3 hours is also why I'm not sure if I can make it. But if that bald little girl calls me a wuss, I MAY just say screw it and show up, so I can thump him :)

How about 9 hours one way!! Do you guys need a talkin to!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=si6-a8sHveU"]YouTube - R. Lee Ermey: G'Night, Ladies![/ame]

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tpvilla
    Top Bottom