Not open for further replies.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    Oh just encase some don't know the training is free to all that wish to participate.

Cru could you add this to the first page list please, Thank you. H&K

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Oh just encase some don't know the training is free to all that wish to participate.

Cru could you add this to the first page list please, Thank you. H&K
    We will be taking up a collection to help with your travel expenses.

wag1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2008
    Indianapolis
    ...... if 'you' shoot it or at it; that person will be expected to help clean up this time!

<referring to PW2> I have to take some responsibility for that, at least concerning the microwave. I brought it and should have been the one to dump it afterward. Heck, fpd and one other guy got to it & almost had it fully wrapped up in a tarp before we got pictures of the destruction.

After putting the camera up I found out that my truck battery was dead as it was getting close to pitch black and pretty much forgot all about hauling it off. :(

BTW, the tracers were non-incendiary - though from the laser like sparks you wouldn't know it.

Hopefully the drop clothes and the tarp I brought caught a good amount of the debris, but I'll be the first to tell you that we needed more.

:thumbsup: Hey I was there to help last time too. :) I wonder who FPD got to come back and clean up brass though. I was shocked none of you brass monkeys were vacuuming the ground.... :laugh:

Myself and one other guy picked up a bunch before we left but I surely doubt we got anywhere close to all that was fired.

...and b4 this shoot happens I'd like to see the tarp incident from the last shoot get solved, with no ill feelings from the hosts! I'd like to make it right asap!

I totally agree even if it means we take up a collection to pay for it. Really not sure how anyone could be that far off with their shots, but I also couldn't understand how the PVC crossbar, 3 feet under my target table, got blown to hell either. I'm going to hope that no one is that poor at marksmanship and that ricochets from the steel targets were to blame. Here's to 'Hope' without the Chains :D

I think ironjaw was just making a good point....if we're going to do this we need to make sure we do not leave the host with an all day cleanup job.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    I'm not going to bring umpteen eleven rifles this time, they don't need to go for a ride! LOL I don't have time to shoot them, I will bring allot of Hand guns if anyone wants to use one for the training they are more than welcome, I also have some OWB holsters that I can loan out, Just if you use one of mine please return it.

Rifles I'm bringing as of right now
    MSAR STG 556
    FNH PS90 5.7x28
    H&K MP94 9mm

Pistols
    S&W M&P .40 full size
    S&W M&P 9c
    Glock 27
    H&K .40 Compact
    Para LDA 13 .45
    SIG P220 .45
    SIG SP 2022 9mm
    and of course my trusty H&K 9mm Full size
    Maybe more to follow. :D

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Steel target shrapnel and ricochets.

Guys, steel targets obviously do create a lot of splatter, but I have to point out that the targets you were utilizing were not optimal. Mild steel that is put up to the kind of abuse you threw at it can be dangerous. When soft steel starts to crater and deform, it causes ricochets (not splatter) and can be dangerous from close range. Target-grade steel is your best bet because it causes complete fragmentation of the bullets on impact, especially at closer ranges. If you like (and if I can definitely make it) I can bring some AR500 steel targets to use.

cornfused

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2010
    out east
    Guys, steel targets obviously do create a lot of splatter, but I have to point out that the targets you were utilizing were not optimal. Mild steel that is put up to the kind of abuse you threw at it can be dangerous. When soft steel starts to crater and deform, it causes ricochets (not splatter) and can be dangerous from close range. Target-grade steel is your best bet because it causes complete fragmentation of the bullets on impact, especially at closer ranges. If you like (and if I can definitely make it) I can bring some AR500 steel targets to use.

Several people have AR500 plates now, but the more the merrier!

Slow to the draw...

Last edited:

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!

This^ I don't use steel targets and don't shoot at them, I do have a dueling tree and it is made from Target grade steel It is commercially made and I can bring it if anyone wants to shoot at it. :D

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    :yesway:

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    This^ I don't use steel targets and don't shoot at them, I do have a dueling tree and it is made from Target grade steel It is commercially made and I can bring it if anyone wants to shoot at it. :D

I saw that last time, looked like fun! I didn't want to say "Hey, can we shoot THAT!?!?"

But I was thinking it...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom