• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • valmoth

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2012
    Indianapolis
    As I take stock of the current price craziness seen on GB and in the media, what I haven't witnessed is any explicit gouging on the INGO WTS boards for long guns (not many ARs listed). I'm wondering whether this is because INGO members are 'keepers' (not traders), or have an expectation that prices will continue to rise so don't sell now. I like to think that perhaps our community doesn't want to exploit other members...

Your thoughts?

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    I generally buy things I want to keep - unless i find it unsuitable and can turn it for a fair price. I'm not running out and buying anything like made and I'm not selling a damned thing.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    I think everyone is afraid of becoming the subject of ridicule.

This.

There was a member here that tried on a few other forums, and within minutes of posting got soundly shamed for it.

Later claimed it really wasn't him. The old "my cousin did it" excuse. :laugh:

coltaceguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Indiana
    Oh, you've not been looking much.

There have been a few HILARIOUS priced guns in the rifles section here on INGO.

$1500 AK underfolders
    $1200 WASR-10's
    $2300 Colt AR's

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    to be honest, if I were going to sell a rifle right now for profit, I wouldn't sell it on INGO. I like the people here (for the most part) to much to gouge them.

I would probably list something on gunbroker IF I were going to sell something........ but Im a keeper ;)

Sajer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    I have seen some high priced AR's selling on other boards with no issues onther than a few comments about price gougers. But again they are selling and from what it appears to new memebers.

Capitalism at its finest....demand is high.....sell if you dare.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I'm not a big seller. I try to avoid selling anything but I certainly wouldn't take advantage of hysteria pricing regardless..

I do need to make some purchases though, but I'm not willing to pay some of these ridiculous prices for what I need

Kedric

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Grant Co.
    I'm not a big seller. I try to avoid selling anything but I certainly wouldn't take advantage of hysteria pricing regardless..

I do need to make some purchases though, but I'm not willing to pay some of these ridiculous prices for what I need

Yep, pretty much this. I'm hoping that CMI mags again become available soonish. Just bought the LRB right before the insanity started, and hadn't had a chance to stock up on mags.:(

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    Don't have anything I want to sell and don't "need" to pay $60 for a pmag. If they come back down, I might buy a couple. I have no problems with people charging $60 though. They own the product and its worth whatever someone is willing to pay.

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    I buy to own, not to sell. I can certainly understand these private selling people that are doing the gouging. There's a market and others are buying. It tempts many, it seems.

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    I have seen plenty of gouging on here already. A few of them have even been completely deleted because people mucked up the wts ads.

Top Bottom