• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Was there a complaint filed? I've tried to keep up with this thread, but I may have missed it.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    Frank is it your opinion that the MP5 brought the attn?

Do you think a run of the mill lever action would bring the same kind of attn?

Basically was it the rifle that brought the attn? Or the fact that the rifle was an EBR?

Just asking your opinion

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Frank is it your opinion that the MP 40 brought the attn?

Do you think a run of the mill lever action would bring the same kind of attn?

Basically was it the rifle that brought the attn? Or the fact that the rifle was an EBR?

Just asking your opinion

In that specific situation with the event being at the city market and right across the street from the city-county building, any long gun will bring extra attention. That is just something you don't see there.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I think downtown Indy is the perfect spot. After all, every lib on the radio this afternoon was braggin on their BIG democrat victories in Marion County.

As said above, no point in preaching to the choir.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I think downtown Indy is the perfect spot. After all, every lib on the radio this afternoon was braggin on their BIG democrat victories in Marion County.

As said above, no point in preaching to the choir.

:laugh:

yeah I can give them all the reason why they were so successful in marion county. its because its the highest concentration of dumb ass uneducated voters. some of who probly cant even read the name of the person they are voting for. they just know how to recognize the word democrat (AKA: FREE handouts) and just check that box.

machete

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    Traplantis
    No complaint has been filed on my behalf as of yet...I plan to do this either tomorrow or Friday, depending on my schedule.

Make sure you call it a formal complaint and specifically allege police misconduct not just some general gripe,,,

Send it to Dr. Straub, PUBLIC SAFETY DIRECTOR

fastwally

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Peru
    :laugh:

yeah I can give them all the reason why they were so successful in marion county. its because its the highest concentration of dumb ass uneducated voters. some of who probly cant even read the name of the person they are voting for. they just know how to recognize the word democrat (AKA: FREE handouts) and just check that box.

Hhmm, that was an educated republican response. :popcorn:

wag1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Can you imagine what would have been the scene if WAG1911 thumb slipped when he was decocking on a live round:dunno:

Not that it matters in the context of the entirety of your post, but I would like to point something out so as not to give the wrong impression. I did not, and would not put anyone in the kind of jeopardy the officer asked me too.

I didn't decock on a live round even though the cop asked me to do so. That would have required me to pull the trigger with a round in the chamber and pray my thumb didn't slip while lowering the hammer. That is just asking for an accident. However, he wasn't listening to my explanation and just asked me to do it anyway. I just figured he was ignorant in the operation of a single action semi-auto and I chose not to escalate the situation.

What I did was remove the magazine while still in the holster, remove the 1911 from the holster, rack the slide slowly back to attempt to keep the chambered round in my left hand rather than clattering to the concrete. I then placed the gun back in the holster and pushed the magazine back in.

As I said in hindsight, I should have disregarded his request altogether but I was not looking for a confrontation and did not realize what had happened to any of you guys when I walked up.

Frankly we all slightly compromised, save ATF, on one of the safety rules which is to never point the gun at anything we do not wish to destroy. Even if you pointed it at the ground and away, a ricochet in a crowded marketplace is likely going to result in injury had there been a discharge. Lesson learned. I will kindly tell an officer NO if this should ever occur again.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom