• ...and so much more!
  • Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Continued thanks to Aszerigan for the contest. I literally figured that I had no chance of winning. Like - I won some stuff at my senior post-prom party - fast forward to now and I win this. It's been that long! (Come on, Powerball!)

I had to do some soul searching. I already own 2 .22 suppressors. I only have 2 threaded .22 firearms. And I don't want to pony up the costs to have the others threaded nor buy threaded barrels. So I had a dilemma on my hands.

But I also have a good buddy. A guy who also loves firearms and shooting. But doesn't have the extra room in his budget for a suppressor / tax stamp though he'd dearly love one (or many...). He was in my wedding. I was in his. He'd literally give me his shirt if I needed.

So, after consulting with Aszerigan about it - my buddy's getting this suppressor. They've already been in touch and gotten the ball rolling. He and I did the fingerprint cards last night. Hopefully he will mail them today (As he begins his 2 week ING Annual Training stint today).

I'm super pumped that I won this; but I'm even more pumped that I can bless my friend.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Continued thanks to Aszerigan for the contest. I literally figured that I had no chance of winning. Like - I won some stuff at my senior post-prom party - fast forward to now and I win this. It's been that long! (Come on, Powerball!)

I had to do some soul searching. I already own 2 .22 suppressors. I only have 2 threaded .22 firearms. And I don't want to pony up the costs to have the others threaded nor buy threaded barrels. So I had a dilemma on my hands.

But I also have a good buddy. A guy who also loves firearms and shooting. But doesn't have the extra room in his budget for a suppressor / tax stamp though he'd dearly love one (or many...). He was in my wedding. I was in his. He'd literally give me his shirt if I needed.

So, after consulting with Aszerigan about it - my buddy's getting this suppressor. They've already been in touch and gotten the ball rolling. He and I did the fingerprint cards last night. Hopefully he will mail them today (As he begins his 2 week ING Annual Training stint today).

I'm super pumped that I won this; but I'm even more pumped that I can bless my friend.
    Well done :thumbsup:

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette

Outstanding

Joniki

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana

Nicdely done!

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    My buddy has his suppressor!!

It was right around a 2-week approval for him. That's not bad at all!

Continued Thanks to Whitetail Trading Post / Andrew.

My buddy's wife is somewhat noise averse and doesn't like shooting much due to that. Even SHE is really looking forward to shooting this now. He currently has 1 pistol host and 1 rifle host. And he wants to get his other one threaded, though I'm not sure there's enough meat on the end of that barrel to thread. Anyhow...

I took my alignment rods over there the other day to help check concentricity. As far as I can tell - all is kosher on his 2 hosts with the can on. My rod is too long (heh) to be suuuuuuper duper confident on the pistol host due to the sway of the longer rod sticking way out past the muzzle - but it wasn't hitting anywhere.

And I think his suppressor also fits on my 2 hosts just as well.

At some point, probably after this blasted heat has calmed down, I'd like to video some quick and dirty comparison videos between his suppressor, a Rugged Occulus, and a Tactical Innovations Stratus. 2 different pistols, 2 different rifles, many kinds of ammo. Not accuracy testing or POA/POI testing, just generally how-it-sounds. Not sure how or where that'll happen though. He has some access to acreage in the B.C. And now that my folks have gotten rid of their cattle - I have access to that ground too but it's in Darlington.

So - stay tuned!

Top Bottom