• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gtpilot21

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2015
    Noblesville, IN
    I been working on running and been thinking about doing a my first 5K for a while. Decided the other day to go ahead and try it out myself to see if I could do and I ran it just fine. Then the next day I decided to see if I could go farther and did just over 5 miles. I am pretty proud of these accomplishments since I used to be overweight so bad that just walking upstairs was tiring. Planning on doing the mini next year.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I been working on running and been thinking about doing a my first 5K for a while. Decided the other day to go ahead and try it out myself to see if I could do and I ran it just fine. Then the next day I decided to see if I could go farther and did just over 5 miles. I am pretty proud of these accomplishments since I used to be overweight so bad that just walking upstairs was tiring. Planning on doing the mini next year.

:yesway: Keep it up!
    It hit me when I walked up the stairs at Bass Pro one day and was breathing hard. At that moment, I realized something had to be done.

I am trying to ramp up my back and core training as I watch older adults complain of back trouble. I see them in a lethargic life style or, if they work out, only do legs & arms.

copperhead-1911

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    New Castle
    Hope this is an ok topic and panties are not put in a wad. Anyone willing to say if they are on hormone replacement therapy. As of yet I am not, but only because we are still trying to have a family. My doctor said after we have our family ( or decide we are too old to want to raise a newborn and adopt). Anyway I take 50mg or clomid 3x a week and an arimadex daily to keep the levels high.

Anyone in the same boat?

If big boy pants are an issue apologies in advance, but we are on a site talking about guns. There is not much more testosterone evoking topics than that.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Congrats. The more you run and the harder you run, the easier going faster/longer is. All of a sudden, you'll say something like "just going out for an easy 10 mile jog," and someone will look at you like you're an ass hole.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Cardio and core type of a day. I must have done a good job because the ab soreness can be deemed as slight.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Been doing Crossfit for about six weeks. I am adding muscle, losing fat, weight staying stable. I need to run and work on weight loss and endurance a bit too.

really liking the physical changes I'm seeing thanks to Crossfit.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Been doing Crossfit for about six weeks. I am adding muscle, losing fat, weight staying stable. I need to run and work on weight loss and endurance a bit too.

really liking the physical changes I'm seeing thanks to Crossfit.

I've been doing it for almost 7 years and I'm still getting better.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Knowing I have a massage Wednesday, I've been pushing myself a little harder than the norm. I really start doing this each month prior to the massage. I'm now starting to get some real knots that she'll have to fix. Job security for her.
    If you are getting nagging spots, I highly recommend scheduling a massage. I guy I know at the gym constantly complained of shoulder pain when he lifted. After months of complaints and me telling him to schedule one, he finally got one and can't believe he waited so long. I have yet to hear him complain too. I've even overheard him recommending it to others.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD

Great job, 5 miles or even a 5K is no small accomplishment. I could tell I had fallen off the wagon a couple of years ago when I had a class at IUB on the third floor and I was embarrassed how hard I was breathing when I got to the floor.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    ACL surgery tomorrow. Hope to be running again by spring. Sux missing ski season though. :(

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    Developed tendinitis (golfers elbow) in my left elbow. Going to lay low for a few weeks. I think I know what forearm exercise I was doing caused it too. Following advice on Web MD for treatment and avoiding it in the future.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Got back on the elliptical a couple times this week, forgot what a beast that thing can be! I've done a lot of hours and hundreds of miles running and serious hiking this year, and the elliptical kicked my butt after 30 minutes. We did a 12 mile, fairly rugged hike about a month ago, and I felt fine when done, but a 30 minute hi intensity workout on the elliptical and my legs were like jelly.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    Developed tendinitis (golfers elbow) in my left elbow. Going to lay low for a few weeks. I think I know what forearm exercise I was doing caused it too. Following advice on Web MD for treatment and avoiding it in the future.

This helped my tennis elbow. FlexBar® - FlexBar® by Thera-Band

video of how to use.... [video=youtube;A2QQaVfeI4U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2QQaVfeI4U[/video]

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    Been doing 3 nights cardio with kids ti class.Finally got wife to go.She suited up last thur. and l let her kick and punch me.She let 25 years of aggression out in a hour.She really enjoys this.I think I have created a monster.

Top Bottom