Normandy

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Biggest Loser challenge at work in full swing again. I hope to win again and lose the weight I put on after winning the last time.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    Went for a short 3 mile run after work yesterday. I think running on compacted snow/ice jacked up my leg, probably caused by changing my running form so I didnt fall. Went from the highest of highs, I brought my 5 mile pace down to where I wanted it only 2 days earlier and felt no pain, to now being barely able to walk. Hopefully an extra day off and then a long weekend off, will get my leg back to where It needs to be.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I'm on week 2 of the Whole30 diet. I'm off bread and grains. Eating A LOT of protein now. And getting all my carbs from veggies.

It sucks being off bread and cheese. But I'm feeling pretty good.

I've started lifting heavier. And am getting in the habit of doing 250 kettle bell swings every night.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Maintenance Day (aka massage day)! Rest and hydration day tomorrow. Once a month and I'm a new man! I recommend this to take care of any nagging spots. :twocents:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    kettle bell swings are rough after a while. There's a 10k swing monthly challenge out there if you wanted to pick a goal. I wouldn't do it in February though :)

Crossfit today again. Last one had 50 wall-balls in it. Ugh.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    I used to do 2 sets of: 100 push ups, 20 dips, 8 pull ups per day. I need to get back to doing that. Teaching your upper body to carry your body weight is good.

And not that cross fit bull **** form. These were SLOW and in control. Pause at the top and bottom.

I'm already passed doing 50 in a row.
    This year I started doing more weighted pushups and pullups.

I'm now trying to add more weight each week.

I also don't know if 4 weeks is enough time to see any change.That's a short amount of time when it comes to fitness. :dunno:

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    If you are a runner and relatively in shape and you hurt after running on ice/snow/odd terrain, then your stability and core muscles need work because you have neglected them.

Went for a short 3 mile run after work yesterday. I think running on compacted snow/ice jacked up my leg, probably caused by changing my running form so I didnt fall. Went from the highest of highs, I brought my 5 mile pace down to where I wanted it only 2 days earlier and felt no pain, to now being barely able to walk. Hopefully an extra day off and then a long weekend off, will get my leg back to where It needs to be.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    If you are a runner and relatively in shape and you hurt after running on ice/snow/odd terrain, then your stability and core muscles need work because you have neglected them.

Not necessarily, I do 100 push ups an 70 sit-ups a day (minus my off days). I think the issue was more the lack of traction and my foot slipping on the snow/ice during my run, thus causing me to changing running form to account for that. If you change running form (i dont care who you are), you utilize different muscles which normally wouldn't have been activated (which can happen from just changing pair of shoes) and put strain on tendons that shouldnt be strained that way. Its a completely different feeling then how I felt after trail running.

So most likely it was me changing from a neutral running to doing more heal strikes (to prevent from falling) thus causing an injuring to my tendon.

Last edited:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    You guys are fit... I can only do about 25-30 push-ups in a row, after that I have to take a break then I can do 25-30 more.

It all depends on how slow you do them, what form, what hand position, your body weight etc.
    The number of push ups by itself doesn't mean much, and it doesn't mean you're not fit.

I can do over 70 push ups in a row but the form will quickly start going down the toilet. :):

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Haven't weighed myself yet, but I'm guessing I've lost around 10 lbs over the last 3 days, had a bad stomach bug, didn't eat anything for 60 or so hours, nothing sounded good, and wasn't even particularly hungry. Today is the first day I left the house since Wednesday. Still feel bad, but better.

vvet762

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    I gained about 12 lbs over the Holidays. It was really because I got a new digital scale and it shows my real weight. The old scale had springs and the indicator fell off 20-30 years ago. Anyway, I'm starting to get fit so I can shoot 3 gun this spring. Never will be competitive but doing it just for fun. I need to get in shape so I won't have a heart attack on the range. By just eating smaller meals I've lost 5 pounds since Jan first. A friend loaned me his NordicTrack elliptical machine. 5 minutes on 10 degrees was all I could do for the first time. Wow, am I out of shape.

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    Finally signed up for the half-marathon in Fort Wayne in October. Been talking about doing it for years, figured at 30 years old its about time. I'm hoping my creaky knees can handle the training volume. My legs are as strong now as they've ever been, so I should be fine. If this goes well, I'll probably try the full marathon next year.

The other big goal for the year is meal preparation. I'm tired of eating out and crap processed food, so that's gonna change. Focusing on consistency and building my comfort level cooking for myself first, then I'll play with protein/fat/carb ratios to see what works for me.

Top Bottom