• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I made the crossfit workout Wednesday. Hoping to do it Friday morning after a night shift but we'll see how that goes...

I need to start running again. I keep running out of air during the workouts. I think my muscles are developing faster than my cardio capabilities.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Rehab after ACL surgery has forced me to work out more than usual. I guess that's good.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    My wife and I are talking about doing the Whole30 diet after the new year. I started slowly getting into it. I quit eating grains, such as bread and rice. And I am trying to drink my morning cup of coffee black. Ugh.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Adjusted my routines. I now CrossFit 3 to 4 days a week and grapple (aka ground fighting or Ju Jitsu) 2 times a week. Since adding groung fighting a few months ago, I've leaned out but still weigh in around 242lbs. Fighting for 3 minutes rest 1...for 6-7 fights will drain the life out of you. I love it.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Adjusted my routines. I now CrossFit 3 to 4 days a week and grapple (aka ground fighting or Ju Jitsu) 2 times a week. Since adding groung fighting a few months ago, I've leaned out but still weigh in around 242lbs. Fighting for 3 minutes rest 1...for 6-7 fights will drain the life out of you. I love it.

Yes, but when I met you, you look stout, NOT fat .....

RevoWood123

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2015
    North Louisville (So Ind)
    Stout and similar words; husky, fluffy, squishy; don't exactly mean fat, but for fat guys (me), they feel the same.

That being said, I have to start getting back to it. I have been out of the gym since my wife got pregnant (little guy now 4mo), and I have a lot of catchup work ahead.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    Just got back into running (last time I really ran was probably 3 years ago). Doing a 2 on 1 off schedule. Training for a marathon in April , so trying to get my miles up while avoiding injury is my biggest hurdle right now. I have been averaging 8:40 pace on my longer runs... which is not bad for someone that has only been running 3 weeks now. My goal is to break a 4 hour marathon. Its definitely is an aggressive time for a new runner, but it is also realistic and so am I (I wont be disappointed if I fail)..... but If 30% of all finishers can do it..... by golly so will I (or try).

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Just got back into running (last time I really ran was probably 3 years ago). Doing a 2 on 1 off schedule. Training for a marathon in April , so trying to get my miles up while avoiding injury is my biggest hurdle right now. I have been averaging 8:40 pace on my longer runs... which is not bad for someone that has only been running 3 weeks now. My goal is to break a 4 hour marathon. Its definitely is an aggressive time for a new runner, but it is also realistic and so am I (I wont be disappointed if I fail)..... but If 30% of all finishers can do it..... by golly so will I (or try).

I wish I was "a runner." I hate running though. I've been doing a lot more biking and plan on getting a "good" bicycle this Spring. I had never ridden a good bicycle prior to going to bicycle school for my department. After riding a Cannondale my Walmart bike kinda sucks. I grew up on Huffys so I never knew the difference.

Your signature is hilarious, by the way.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I'm 6 days away from having a 365 day streak of logging into myfittness. I've used it to enter everything I've done, and it has been a great help. I started 2015 at 276-280, and I'm currently at a comfortable 210, after hitting a low weight of 192. I hit it extremely hard for the last year, mainly running, walking, and hiking, with quite a bit of elliptical training thrown in. Watched what I ate, cut out fried foods for the most part (my biggest vice in that area is the steak fries at Texas Roadhouse, can't go there without getting those) and cut way back on beer.

I've come to the conclusion, and actually been, eating anything and as much of it as I want, as long as I'm burning the calories. Back in warmer weather, between work and exercise, I could have easily taken in 5000 calories a day and not gained an ounce. The most interesting aspect of the past year, however, is that I found out that I actually ENJOY being a lot more active! That and the health issues that were looming at the beginning of this year are now just a bad memory.

copperhead-1911

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    New Castle
    Any new years resolutions in regard to fitness? :dunno:

Well since may of 2014 till now I am down from 380 to 325 and my bench press went from 220 to 315 and I just missed 325.

I figure this year I would like to get my bench up to at least 350 ( when I was 23 I was benching 365 at 245lbs) see if I can get down to at least 300

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    7 mile run this morning.... felt great.... just need to get my pace up.

I need to shave another 16-18 seconds off my mile pace before I am happier with the pace time. I know I can do it. I dropped 15 seconds off my pace time from last week while adding 2 more miles to my "long" run. I don't like looking at my watch mid run, as I don't want to get discouraged mid-run if I am having an off day.... it just makes it hard to increase/decrease intensity based off perceived exertion. I really want to get to an 8:30-8:45 (but happy with anything sub 9) pace for at least 13 miles. The lower the better, as I am really pushing for a sub 4 hour.

Top Bottom