Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Same stuff. Running, martial arts, yoga

Friday: 2 mile run, mook drills

Saturday: martial arts in AM, yoga in PM

Sunday: martial arts at Stately Freeman Manor, mook, forms, swords; hill run in PM

Monday: martial arts in PM, mook, punching drills, plum flower drills, swords.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Stuck working late in Lafayette. Ordered a steak @ Mountain Jack's. Y'all better help work off this food. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I’m off my 7p-3a rotation for good. Trying to make the most of he day time shifts I have for the next few weeks.

got up at 5am and did a 30-min tabata ride. Didn’t want to, but I did

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I’m off my 7p-3a rotation for good. Trying to make the most of he day time shifts I have for the next few weeks.

got up at 5am and did a 30-min tabata ride. Didn’t want to, but I did

Last night was Assault bike intervals. :20 at maximum effort, followed by :40 of light/moderate pace, for 20 minutes

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    If any of you INGO fitness freaks want to try something a little different then ride down to KY with me Saturday for the Revere's Riders "test" Biathlon. I think we're running a 5K (+penalty runs for missed targets). Bring your 22LR rifle with a known zero. Event details in the RR section here I think.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Last night was Assault bike intervals. :20 at maximum effort, followed by :40 of light/moderate pace, for 20 minutes

Assault bike is hard.:) I love it when people think it's a Schwinn AirDyne.

If any of you INGO fitness freaks want to try something a little different then ride down to KY with me Saturday for the Revere's Riders "test" Biathlon. I think we're running a 5K (+penalty runs for missed targets). Bring your 22LR rifle with a known zero. Event details in the RR section here I think.

I would be interested in doing that one day. This Saturday is booked though.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Martial arts tonight: punches, swords, long pole. (Long pole is such a smokefest)

Tomorrow I have to do my PT (practice) test. Going to fail the run tomorrow, but I keep at it.

I really wish I could remember all my kata. I probably knew ~40-50 back in the '90's. Nothing too fancy, tonfa & bo staff & had just started a little bit of sai. I never made black belt so sharp edged weapons were allowed yet.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I really wish I could remember all my kata. I probably knew ~40-50 back in the '90's. Nothing too fancy, tonfa & bo staff & had just started a little bit of sai. I never made black belt so sharp edged weapons were allowed yet.

Dude, it's Wing Chun. not White Crane or Praying Mantis, not a lot to remember.

I got 3 hand forms, the wooden man, the long pole, the swords and then a bunch of drills on the wooden man, tripodial, plum flower steps.

You can do the 3 hand forms, the long pole and mook in approx. 20 minutes. Today at lunch I did the 3 hand forms and sword drills, maybe 15 minutes.

Wing Chun=kung fu for the busy loner.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Friday: ran my 2 miles, not cover myself in glory but for a brief span I actually ran instead of jogged.

Saturday: martial arts in AM, yoga in the PM, it was movie night but I did not drink any beer (very proud)

Sunday: walk in the AM and about noon I did a martial arts workout, concentrated on forearms. PM was shooting, some running and gunning.

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    Ok, Old guy with arthritis... 2Miles on elliptical in 30 minutes, 1 hour of max weights. Rowing 85 lbs, curls 90 lbs, press 105 lbs, vertical press 100 lbs. all 10 reps, 3 x.

Keeps the joints moving.

Don

(Old, and fat- lost 30 lbs so far!!)

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Ok, Old guy with arthritis... 2Miles on elliptical in 30 minutes, 1 hour of max weights. Rowing 85 lbs, curls 90 lbs, press 105 lbs, vertical press 100 lbs. all 10 reps, 3 x.

Keeps the joints moving.

Don

(Old, and fat- lost 30 lbs so far!!)

Huzzah Don! Keep it up!

I ran the Revere's Riders "beta" biathlon on Saturday. 5K + 3 missed shot penalty laps. They tested the 1st group shooting targets at 41 yards & my second group shooting at 25 yards. The 1st group had a longer penalty loop than my group too. Glad I was in run group B. The half mile hill in 92+ degree heat was killer.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Did martial arts workout in AM and ran in the PM. Still not under 19:30 for my 2 miles but I am not quitting.

Too much windshield time for work. I was out of the office 4 days last week driving and then Tuesday I found out I had to drive to Warsaw for my other duties so I missed Saturday martial arts training (which I really enjoy because it is the biggest class for the week and I get to see everyone) and yoga (needed it from all the driving). However, I will survive and thrive.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I started back at crossfit two weeks ago. Enjoying it. My back hurts a bit today after yesterday so I ran on the treadmill instead. 3 miles in 34:14. Not breaking records but the longest i’ve Gone on a treadmill in a while. I did a bit of walking there but the slowest running I did was 6mph

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I started back at crossfit two weeks ago. Enjoying it. My back hurts a bit today after yesterday so I ran on the treadmill instead. 3 miles in 34:14. Not breaking records but the longest i’ve Gone on a treadmill in a while. I did a bit of walking there but the slowest running I did was 6mph

Nice that you are back at it. I am having to take a few days off as I am moving my 90 year old mother from TN to live in assisted living near me. So, workouts have taken a back seat for a few days while I sort all that out.

I am also thinking about changing up what I do. I have been doing CF for a couple years now, but I'm not getting enough strength training days in and some of the daily workouts have too many reps for me and they are wearing me out some. I'm thinking I will drop back to 3 days, scale even more and then add in two days of strength training. Still a concept at this point as I would have to buy some equipment for a garage "gym" to be able to do the 2 days.

Top Bottom