• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Things have gotten so bad that even DUNHAM'S is lowering prices down to "merely above average."

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Look at those huge puppys in her bed!!

2752D6D800000578-0-image-a-65_1428339891564.jpg

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Not to rustle anyones jimmies, but there seems to be a large swath of people placing ads on the INGO classifieds that are a bit out of tune with reality, to put it lightly. Here are a few observations:

1] The used gun market is VERY saturated. Go to any local gun store and they are stacking used guns on top of each other. New gun prices are coming down fast. First tip, if you are listing your gun USED for more than Bud's Guns (for example) has it NEW, it ain't gonna sell. There are several current ads up like this right now.

2] If you have bumped your ad 10 times without dropping your price, your prince is never going to come. Just sayin. We are a relatively small community and everyone has probably seen your ad within 72 hours. We admire your dedication, but it ain't gonna happen.

3] If you have frankenjiggered your pistol with a dremel tool and a bunch of after market doodads, it's not worth more than a new pistol. I tend to value these guns way lower personally.

My personal strategy? Find out what the gun costs new as of today, and subtract $100. Place the ad. If no one bites, I drop the price by at least $25 each bump until it sells or until it hits a price I can't live with and it goes in the safe.

Cheers!

Nak

1. That is how I determine how much to pay for a used gun.
    2. I check Hoosier Armory for what they sell for new, and deduct the $100, and sometimes I do better.

daventos

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 23, 2017
    Bedford
    Remember this?
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...-low-ball-offer.html?highlight=lowball+offers
    It may have put the fear in a lot of the INGO shoppers.

I am new to INGO and unable to buy items as of yet due to post count but have read the article and will be somewhat hesitant to make a low offer. Hopefully nobody gets to offended by a low offer. I think some post a low price to avoid the hassle of negotiation while others post a high price thinking someone might not do their research but fully expecting to sell for less. Probably nothing wrong with the second approach since fools and their money will soon part ways regardless .

Top Bottom