• Status
    Not open for further replies.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I have never built an AR and have always wanted to start.

First, welcome to :ingo:

You might consider making your next post here:
    Introductions and Greetings - INGunOwners

Second, if you want to build an AR, the Build Party is the best place to learn about and/or do it! :yesway:

I know some of the others mentioned they would have parts, kits and full builds available at the event. Can someone give me and idea of cost?

A stripped lower will run you anywhere from about $90 on up; a good LPK will be $50-70, and a collapsible buttstock assembly will run $70+ depending on style. Our Site Advertisers will have all of these components for sale at the party; check earlier in this thread for specifics.

I was thinking about getting a lower parts kit and starting there. Any recommendations on where to start in the build process?

Pretty much what you said. ;) The majority of folks who attend build parties do so to assemble lower receivers, then buy their uppers complete (on-line, gun show or local shop). That said, we will certainly have the tools and know-how at the party to build uppers, as well.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    I have never built an AR and have always wanted to start. I know some of the others mentioned they would have parts, kits and full builds available at the event. Can someone give me and idea of cost? I have a general idea but wanted to make sure I had enough to cover. :)

I was thinking about getting a lower parts kit and starting there. Any recommendations on where to start in the build process?

Thanks,

Kris

Quality Lower Receiver from SSNFA @ Build Party:

109ish bucks plus tax for a Spikes Tactical Lower Receiver. They are good to go.

The lower parts kit sold by Indiana Supply Depot are Rock River Arms. I'm thinking they are around 70 bucks with tax included. Rock River Arms lower parts will fit into a Spikes lower receiver and make a quality build.

After that, you will need a buffer assembly kit and a stock. ISD sells these and carries a variety of stocks. Their special is the following:

Base package includes the following for $104.98
    All parts are milspec

Magpul MOE
    Buffer tube
    LMT Heavy H Buffer
    Buffer Spring
    Daniel Defense CAR Lock ring
    End plate

So 112ish for the stock and buffer assembly, 70ish for the lower parts kit, 110ish for the lower receiver is 292ish for an extremely high quality lower.

A completed upper can be purchased for as cheap as 450ish to the sky is the limit.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I had two LPKs on order + a buddy had a complete rifle kit on order. We're going to try to make this build party.

jsquared1702

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    I will be set up there.

Send me an email or pm if you need stripped lowers, complete lowers or complete uppers from one of the following:

Sun Devil
    CMMG
    Spikes
    Yankee Hill Machine
    57 Center (AR57)
    DS Arms (DSA)
    Lewis Machine & Tool (LMT)
    DPMS

If anyone is still looking for lowers I have in stock:

11 Spikes Tactical ST15 Bullet Marked "MULTI" (non-color fill) $104.95 plus tax (INGO ONLY PRICE)

6 Spikes Tactical ST22 .22LR Marked Fire/Safe (non-color fill) $89.95 plus tax. (INGO ONLY PRICE)

I have several consecutive serial numbers and even runs of 3, 5 and 10 consecutive numbers.

Email for details.

I will be coming with a friend and we will both need a lower. Looking at probably buying the spike tactical ST15. Do you still have a couple available? Also do you have any LPK's that will be for sale?

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    I will be coming with a friend and we will both need a lower. Looking at probably buying the spike tactical ST15. Do you still have a couple available? Also do you have any LPK's that will be for sale?

I will have around 9 ST15 lowers, 5 ST22 lowers, a couple bolts, a couple complete uppers, a matech BUIS and several other AR items.

I do not have any LPKS but Chris at Indiana Supply Depot will be there and he might. I would pm him ahead of time to check.

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    What To Expect From SSNFA At Sundays INGO AR Build

Ok, I am doing this as much for me as an organizational list as I am for you guys, but here it goes!

1. Items for Sale (In Stock) & Prices.
    a. Spike’s Tactical ST-22 .22LR Marked Lowers $99.95 plus tax.
    b. Spike’s Tactical ST-15 MULTI Marked Bullet Lowers $109.95 plus tax.
    c. Serbu Super Shorty 12ga AOW $689.95 plus tax
    c. Brand New LMT Semi-Auto AR-15 Bolt Carrier Group $120.00
    d. Used Bravo Company Semi-Auto AR-15 Bolt Carrier Group $100.00
    e. Used OD Green Surefire Flashlight Forearms $300.00
    f. Used 10.5” Upper w/ MI Handguards, YHM Sights, less BCG $375.00
    g. Spike's Tactical 37mm Launcer $319.95 (The New Side Swivel Model!!!)
    h. Like NewTake off Ergo Grip in Black $15.00
    i. Matech M16A4 Rear BUIS $75.00
    j. N.I.W. Mil-Spec LMT M16 Sling $20.00
    k. New M4 Handguards $20.00
    l. New SOG M4 Butt Pad $12.00
    m. Gemtech Thread Adapters for Sig, CZ, Colt and Walther $45.00 each
    n. Two 14.5" Complete Uppers Less Handguards & BCG $225.00 each
    o. Used Bushmaster Carbine Stock Kits $50.00 each
    n. Anything else I can come up with!!!

2. Demo & Display Items Available (Probably 2 Specific Shoot Times)
    a. Walther P22 .22LR Host Demo
    b. Sig Mosquito .22LR Host Demo
    c. RRA/Spikes ST-22 Dedicated .22LL AR Host Demo
    d. Ruger MkII .22LR Host Demo
    e. Glock 26 Host Demo
    f. CZ 452 American .22LR Host Demo
    g. Any other hosts you bring or other guys will let you shoot.
    h. Thompson Machine 9mm Suppressor Demo
    i. Thompson Machine Zephyr XL Suppressor Demo
    j. Gemtech Outback II Suppressor Demo
    k. Gemtech M402 Suppressor (Display Only)
    l. SAS 7.62 SS Suppressor (Display Only)
    m. Serbu Super-Shorty Mossberg 500 AOW (Display Only)
    n. Yankee Hill Machine 5.56mm Phantom QD Suppressor (Display Only)
    o. Yankee Hill Machine 5.56mm SS Phantom Thread On Suppressor (Display
    Only)
    p. Lewis Machine & Tool Guardian M4A1 CQBR Machinegun (Display Only)

3. Freeeeeebies!!!! (By Drawing)
    a. Three SSNFA “got nfa?” T-Shirts (choice of size)
    b. Three Spikes Tactical “Tactical Baby” Patches
    c. Decals From Different Manufacturers
    d. Patches From Different Manufacturers
    e. Spikes Tactical "boat" Keychain
    f. Any other freebie stuff I can come up with!!

4. Information & Help
    a. Any tech info I can offer (I am no expert, but I will find out for you)
    b. Any pricing quotes you need.
    c. Friendly Attitude From A Guy That Thinks NFA stuff is SWEEEEEEET!

Oh Yeah, and and and and GEMTAX SALE Orders!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Guys, even if you want to observe on the firing line, you MUST have eye and ear protection per MCFG rules. I WILL ASK YOU TO LEAVE THE FIRING LINE IF YOU ARE NOT PROTECTED! Members are welcome to use the range at their convenience, non members can shoot as guests but must pay our guest fee.

red91vert

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Westside Indy
    VUPD,

Can MCFG do new member signups this weekend? The first tuesday of every month has been so problematic for me, I have been trying since October of last year but something in my schedule always messes it up for me.

One last question, I am guessing that we are all invited to MCFG this weekend as guests of INGO, I have a friend of who wants to go but is not a member of MCFG nor this site (yet) and I would like to know if he allowed to go or not, thanks again for your time and setting all of this up.:yesway:

mjrducky

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Jun 16, 2009
    North Liberty, IN
    Guys, even if you want to observe on the firing line, you MUST have eye and ear protection per MCFG rules. I WILL ASK YOU TO LEAVE THE FIRING LINE IF YOU ARE NOT PROTECTED! Members are welcome to use the range at their convenience, non members can shoot as guests but must pay our guest fee.

VUPD can you also verify for those who are new to MCFG. The Build party is free, however those who want to shoot the guest fee is $10.00? Finally those building or bringing the AR's this weekend can only shoot handgun caliber ammo, no centerfire rifle ammo.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    The Build party is free, however those who want to shoot the guest fee is $10.00? Finally those building or bringing the AR's this weekend can only shoot handgun caliber ammo, no centerfire rifle ammo.

I'm not VUPDblue, but can verify that all the above is correct. .22LR ARs are also allowed on the range.

slacker

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapols, IN
    Anyone have a singlepoint sling adapter plate that they would be willing to sell? A buddy just made me a single point sling, but I don't have a plate yet. It would be great if I could pick it up and install at the build party tomorrow :)

edit: Tomorrow. Thanks VUPDblue :)

Last edited:

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Anyone have a singlepoint sling adapter plate that they would be willing to sell? A buddy just made me a single point sling, but I don't have a plate yet. It would be great if I could pick it up and install at the build party today :)

The build party is tomorrow.....slacker:laugh:

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    Anyone have a singlepoint sling adapter plate that they would be willing to sell? A buddy just made me a single point sling, but I don't have a plate yet. It would be great if I could pick it up and install at the build party tomorrow :)

edit: Tomorrow. Thanks VUPDblue :)

Or if you don't want to spend any money I have a Promag brand one on my rifle and don't like it. I will give you the one off my rifle and I will buy one from Chris at ISD.

I think I have another new Promag one that I am going to get rid of also.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom