• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

bbbas55

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    i was glad to see its ok to come even though i dont currently own any parts. this may be the place to get started...
    thanks

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette

alfahornet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    How late will this run? I am interested in attending but wouldn't be able to come until later in the afternoon. I'd be interested in learning how to put a lower receiver together.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    I was really sick this past week. Between strep throat fevers and concoctions of over the counter medicine, I thought the build was this weekend. Man, did I get excited when I found out I was wrong. I've got two... maybe three things I want to try and get accomplished, if possible.

1. Take my lower assembled from last time and try to figure out where I went wrong.

2. Assemble my new lower*.

3. Maybe install a free floating rail system on a lower? I'd even be willing to throw someone a few bucks if they walked me through it.

*I'm hoping my order from LaRue gets here in time. I ordered it about 3-4 weeks ago and everything I wanted was on backorder for at least two more weeks.

I promise not to come if I am still sick/contagious. I wouldn't wish this on anyone.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    What is the problem? i.e. what's it doing or not doing?

That's beyond my capability. I can, however, help you install a free floating rail system on an upper. ;)

Just so I don't thread jack any further...

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/long_guns/75648-ar_idiot_trouble_shooting.html

And what you did there... I see it! :D It is the overly large Daniel Defense rail that Bravo Company had for below dealer cost. I think it requires the removal of front site post. I'm guessing I don't need anything else for the install. :rockwoot:

Last edited:

akaindy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    Indianapolis, IN USA
    I think I forgot to respond earlier, I'm in, and I'll bring my tools.

3. Maybe install a free floating rail system on a lower? I'd even be willing to throw someone a few bucks if they walked me through it.

I can do this but I'd need my lathe and mill that are in my garage and maybe a tig welder. It would be easier to put the freefloat rail on the upper. :)

akaindy

kricket37

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I have never built an AR and have always wanted to start. I know some of the others mentioned they would have parts, kits and full builds available at the event. Can someone give me and idea of cost? I have a general idea but wanted to make sure I had enough to cover. :)

I was thinking about getting a lower parts kit and starting there. Any recommendations on where to start in the build process?

Thanks,

Kris

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom