• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I guess it is after midnight. Time for bed! Today, I hauled in a load of scrap metal I assembled from cleanup at my dad's shop. Picking up the pieces after losing dad has been a pain, especially that my brothers are, well, not always available to help. Wednesday, I loaded up pre-loaded containers and hauled them to the scrap yard, returned to the shop, loaded again, this time individual pieces one at a time. I took those in this morning with grandma along for the ride. She gets bored at home and thoroughly enjoyed the adventure (even if going to the scrap yard isn't my idea of adventure :): ) and wants to go again in the morning when I take in the third load I finished loading a while ago. I had in mind to stop and visit a friend on the way home tomorrow, but then again, the time I have left with grandma is limited. I have a funny feeling that I will find myself picking a different way to go tomorrow to keep the scenery interesting!

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Funny. Have you ever read any of the "auto correct fails"? They usually leave me in stitches. There is another guy who does craig list pranks that is funny as well.

I went threw a bunch of them. OMG. I laugh so hard I could hardly eat!

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    I feel for you IndyDave, I'm living the dutiful child life myself right now. My mom is on her third week in a nursing home. I have three sisters but only one who shares this role with me.

The first two visits to see my mom were heartbreaking and depressing. She is now more lively and less corpse like so the visits are not as traumatic. I have horrible memories of visiting my grandmother and great uncle in nursing homes in the 70's. My second visit with my mom was reminiscent of those visits. She has since adjusted so I have adjusted as well.

Luckily my mom has no clue there is anything wrong with her so she's just happy for the company. She is not as verbal as she once was so I just hang out with her. I often hug her or squeeze her shoulders just so she knows she is still loved. Even if she doesn't know by who.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I admire and sympathize with you both. We took care of my M/L and my father at the end. Then my wife got sick and I was a one man show. No one had time to help. It about kill me. But I kept her happy and shielded her from as much of the mess as I could. She really wanted her sister there to help. I worked around it by saying she was sleeping when she came. The truth would have broke here heart. You take care of the people you love. Family, friends it doesn't matter. Just be there!

Bounty Hunter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    There you are.
    I feel for you IndyDave, I'm living the dutiful child life myself right now. My mom is on her third week in a nursing home. I have three sisters but only one who shares this role with me.

The first two visits to see my mom were heartbreaking and depressing. She is now more lively and less corpse like so the visits are not as traumatic. I have horrible memories of visiting my grandmother and great uncle in nursing homes in the 70's. My second visit with my mom was reminiscent of those visits. She has since adjusted so I have adjusted as well.

Luckily my mom has no clue there is anything wrong with her so she's just happy for the company. She is not as verbal as she once was so I just hang out with her. I often hug her or squeeze her shoulders just so she knows she is still loved. Even if she doesn't know by who.

I feel for you both. I had to put my Mother in the nursing home a little over a year ago. It is very hard to see her in there. It was almost over night seemed like. We go see her as much as we can, which with all the overtime, has not been as much as I would like. She has no sense of time, but I do, and it is difficult to deal with sometimes. We all do what we can and that helps, but it is not easy. It is funny because she has lost so much in time, but she sings a lot and knows every word. Seems like when she sings, it is the only time I see her as she used to be anymore.

Top Bottom