• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I feel for you both. I had to put my Mother in the nursing home a little over a year ago. It is very hard to see her in there. It was almost over night seemed like. We go see her as much as we can, which with all the overtime, has not been as much as I would like. She has no sense of time, but I do, and it is difficult to deal with sometimes. We all do what we can and that helps, but it is not easy. It is funny because she has lost so much in time, but she sings a lot and knows every word. Seems like when she sings, it is the only time I see her as she used to be anymore.

I lost my mom just over 2 years ago. She, as an absolute surprise, dropped of a heart attack right in front of me and then lingered for about a week in a coma. On the Sunday she spent in the hospital comatose, several friends and I basically held church in her hospital room. Prior to this, when running brain scans, they would bring the machine in, hook it up, do their work, pack up the machine, and take it with them. Sunday, for some reason, they set it up first thing in the morning and left it running until Monday night. As I stood in front of the monitor looking at the small jagged lines, I noticed that whenever anyone was singing, praying, or reading scripture, her brain function started registering normal activity, but only at those times. No other discussion or other external stimulus had any effect whatsoever.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    grasshopper
    150px-David_Carradine_as_Caine_from_Kung_Fu_-_c._1972%E2%80%931975.jpg

Jenn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2014
    Indianapolis
    sorry, I was trying to clean my M&P 22, I couldn't get the lever to budge. I turned it 90 degrees but I can't pull it up/out at all.
    :(

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    sorry, I was trying to clean my M&P 22, I couldn't get the lever to budge. I turned it 90 degrees but I can't pull it up/out at all.
    :(

At least you were trying!

Once again, I am staying up too late. Tomorrow, I have a broken flatbed semi trailer to disassemble. It isn't repairable, and it can't be sold for scrap as is because Reitnour trailers are bolted together like giant erector sets. This is how they overcome the difficulties associated with extruding and welding aluminum, which drops the value from $0.65/pound to less than $0.20/pound. Tomorrow is going to be a fun day!

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    [video=youtube;SKvwtmAJt3s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKvwtmAJt3s[/video]

By the way.
    I pulled my takedown lever all the way out. It can be done.
    Reassembling is rather difficult though.

Jenn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2014
    Indianapolis
    At least you were trying!

Once again, I am staying up too late. Tomorrow, I have a broken flatbed semi trailer to disassemble. It isn't repairable, and it can't be sold for scrap as is because Reitnour trailers are bolted together like giant erector sets. This is how they overcome the difficulties associated with extruding and welding aluminum, which drops the value from $0.65/pound to less than $0.20/pound. Tomorrow is going to be a fun day!

That sucks a lot more than what I'm trying to do. :( I'm sorry. I don't know much about semi trailers either.

My m&p is new. I've never cleaned it or fired it. I read the manual and it says to clean it before using.. I don't know who could help me :dunno:

Jenn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2014
    Indianapolis
    [video=youtube;SKvwtmAJt3s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKvwtmAJt3s[/video]

By the way.
    I pulled my takedown lever all the way out. It can be done.
    Reassembling is rather difficult though.

I did try! :( I turned it 90 degrees and tried pulling it out, but it wouldn't budge... I'm afraid to mess it up.
    I watched this before trying to clean it.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    That sucks a lot more than what I'm trying to do. :( I'm sorry. I don't know much about semi trailers either.

My m&p is new. I've never cleaned it or fired it. I read the manual and it says to clean it before using.. I don't know who could help me :dunno:

I think Actaeon has you covered. You could threaten to trade it for something really uncool, like a HiPoint and see if it cooperates in a fit of indignation! :): Seriously, you will find that most guns have their own personality and it just takes a little time to adjust to them. The most important thing is that you are motivated to do things properly. After that, it's all downhill!

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Jenn, you might try moving the slide back a little. I have had a gun or two which would get more cooperative if you did something to relieve internal pressure while trying to manipulate parts.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Well, I could show you. but I don't think they'd appreciate guns coming out during the show.

If you're shooting tomorrow, someone might show you there.

Let me get my m&p out and refresh my memory

Top Bottom